A Funeral And Manacles☽30☾

•|•

•|•

The sun was just barely out, casting a dark look when Jackson started preparing Oliver's body for his funeral. He wrapped his best friend up in a white sheet before dousing him in alcohol and putting him in a small boat. He took a swig of whiskey and pushed the boat out into the lake in the Bayou, lighting it on fire with a lighter to give Oliver a traditional Viking funeral.

Isabel walked yo stand beside Jackson who was drinking on a dock watching Oliver's remains smoking on the lake.

"I'm so sorry, Jack."

After a moment, Jackson angrily jumped to his feet. "This is bull, Isabel! Crescent tradition says you have a funeral at dawn, and no one is here!" Isabel remained silent knowing he wasn't done talking. "That loyalty..." He stopped himself, unable to finish his sentence before he finally admitted it to himself. "That loyalty's gone."

Jackson turned to walk away, but Isabel stopped him. "We're standing around moping over Oliver's body when there's a war to be fought. I understand that you have to grieve, Jack. And I'm not gonna stop you. You waited for me, so I'll do the same for you. But, our people need their Alpha." She told him softly as she placed her hand around the neck of the whiskey bottle and over his hand. "So when you're ready. We'll be waiting."

She smiled at him slightly before kissing his cheek and taking the bottle out of his hands and with her, leaving him to mourn his pack mate in peace.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Klaus' nose began to bleed, and he got glimpses of the dreams Elijah had been having due to Esthers magic. Klaus groaned in pain yet he continued to try to and break through, but he's quickly ripped off of Elijah by Isabel who looked worried.

"What is he doing?" She asked Hayley before looking back at Klaus. "What are you doing?"

Klaus, startled, panted in an attempt to catch his breath as he wiped the blood from his nose. "He's trying to enter Elijah's thoughts to wake him," Hayley said, gesturing to Elijah, who was still sleeping fitfully.

"Esther's locked me out," Klaus told her.

Hayley -who had been by their side for most part of the day only occasionally leaving to call her sister or get food- walked over to Elijah and just happened to notice a flower petal-shaped wound on his neck.

"Is this rash a side effect of the witchy acid trip he's on?" She asked curiously. "I hadn't noticed that before."

Klaus frowned not having seen it either and returned to Elijah's bedside to examine the wound more carefully. "I haven't seen this since I was a child." Klaus muttered in recognition. "Mikael would return home from battle more blindly temperamental than usual, and our mother would use the petals of a rare merlock orchid to put him to sleep. She would mend his mind with a spell, and then wake him with the roots of the same plant." He turned to the sisters, looking hopeful. "If she has access to it now, then maybe it also grows in the Bayou. You two stay here with your wolves and mind the fort." He told Isabel.