For Their Good☽43☾

•|•

•|•

"We define ourselves by our family."

Klaus laid in a coffin at the compound, where the golden dagger Kol and Davina made was still stabbed into his chest, desiccating his body. Rebekah and Elijah stood beside him, looking conflicted and guilty about what they'd done to him to help Isabel and Hope.

"From birth, we share their names..."

Isabel, Hayley, Jackson, and the rest of the Crescent pack were busy unloading their vehicles while Isabel held Hope and Rose protectively, Hope strapped to her chest and Rose on her hip.

"...Entrust them to protect that which we hold most dear."

Josh returned to his and Aidens apartment for the first time since his boyfriends death. When he walked through the door, he saw a note that Aiden left for him on the counter which read, "Call me when you get home. - A," which he picked up with a hand that was still stained with Aiden's blood. After reading it, Josh sighed deeply and closed his eyes in grief.

"We value them above all others, and yet we are inevitably forced apart."

Davina stood in Kol's playhouse all alone while working on a spell at one of the tables, which involved a magic circle created with black sand, lit black candles, several dead birds, and Kol's paragon diamond. She held her hands out over the ritual set-up and murmured silent words under her breath. After a moment, Davina grew discouraged and stopped, a single tear sliding down her face as she slumped down and pulled her knees to her chest.

"Promises are made and left unkept."

Freya stood in St. Louis Cathedral, working on her own spell in the bell tower which used dozens of lit candles to fuel her magic. She took a break and stared out the window worriedly.

"Children, in particular, turn their backs on those who raised them, seeking lives of their own."

Dahlia stood in the Lafayette cemetery swirling blood in her cauldron with her fingers as she worked on her spell. She looked up at the ceiling as she rubbed her bloody fingers together, and her eyes rolled to the back of her head as she sensed Klaus laying desiccated in his coffin at the compound.

"The bond of family is not a bond forged on choice. In fact, some would see family as a terrible burden."

Suddenly, Klaus awakened with a gasp, only he was no longer laying daggered in the compound- instead he was laying on the ground in a village near a forest where he was half-leaning against a stone wall that wraps around a small cottage. He breathed deeply as he took in his surroundings, and eventually noticed that Dahlia was standing in front of him with a small smirk on her face.