Tempting Offers☽26☾

•|•

•|•

Hayley and Isabel stood down stairs in the courtyard munching on an array of fruit and other breakfast food when Klaus walked down the stairs to join them.

"So, which restaurant's missing a compelled chef?" Isabel asked after throwing a grape in her mouth.

Klaus looked confused as he eyed the table. "It's certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this..." Klaus gestured to the food on the table for emphasis.

"Hmm." Isabel looked between him and the table, pinching her eyebrows together in confusion.

"Well, then, I guess we have Elijah to thank?" Hayley asked just as Elijah returned to the compound and joined them in the courtyard, and looked confused when he heard their conversation and noticed the breakfast spread in front of them.

"This wasn't my doing..."

"Then, where the hell did this all come from?" The female hybrid asked crossing her arms.

The silver lid on the platter suddenly began to rattle, which startled Hayley and Elijah so much that they jump in fright for a moment. Isabel and Klaus looked uneasy as the latter lifted the platter, which released two starlings that fly up toward the ceiling, causing the four to reflexively duck to avoid being hit.

Once they all got up they shared a puzzled and nervous look.

"What the hell was that?" Hayley asked, looking up at the starlings.

Klaus reached for the invitation and opened it. "Dinner, Your Home, 8PM," he said before looking up at Elijah with a dangerous look in his eyes. "An invitation from our mother."

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Klaus stared at the invitation while he stood on the balcony overlooking the French Quarter. He eventually turned to head back into his bedroom, where he saw Isabel laying flat on his bed staring up at the ceiling with her arms crossed over her stomach and her legs straight in the air perched on the wall.

"It is times like this where I wonder how mothers can become so...ruthless in their ways."

"We have enough enemies here. And now, the war for our home is to be fought against my own family." Klaus stressed which Isbael noticed and brought her legs down while rolling on her stomach and placing her face in between her hands. She looked up at him with an innocent yet worried look on her face.

"Your wretched mother and her minions tried to put a carving knife through our baby's heart. I will happily add to the body count." Klaus smiled at Isabel as Elijah entered the room.