Father Dearest☽68☾

•|•

•|•

Isabel hid behind a tree and quietly waited for Kol to find her. And for a moment she forgot about the anniversary today as she saw Rose run past her giggling, trying to find her own hiding spot. But somehow it still found it's way to her mind. The last day she ever saw him.

Flashback

"What are you doing here?" She fumed angrily after she had dragged Tyler out of Mystic Grill. Two years into the search and she decided to visit her friends for a day or two before going back on the road. Caroline, Matt, Alaric, the twins -Alaric and his late wife's that Caroline ended up carrying when his wife died- and her kids all sat inside while Isabel had dragged Tyler outside. "You just left Rose and I hanging! We really could have used you you know. She needed her father and you weren't there. You are so lucky she is present right now."

"I didn't have a choice, Isabel!" Tyler argued back. "Klaus compelled me away. He feared that I'd take you away from him. He caught me after I tried to sneak out one night. I'm lucky he let me live."

Isabel crossed her arms just as Rose walked out the door. Caroline saw Isabel getting worked up and thought it was best that Rose tried to calm her mother down. "Mama?"

Isabel turned to her daughter and sighed. "Rose. Come here baby." She beckoned her daughter over and bent down to her height when she was close. "What are you doing out here?"

"Auntie Caroline said mommy was upset. And I thought I could make you feel better!" Rose smiled and kissed her mothers cheek. "Did it work?"

Isabel smiled at her daughter. "It did sweetheart."

Tyler cleared his throat and Isabel stood up before turning to him. "Care to introduce us?" Tyler looked down at his daughter who now clutched to Isabels leg, looking curiously at the man. "Hi," he said but Rose just kept staring at him.

Isabel sighed before turning back around and bending down. "Sweetheart, this is your father."

"What about Kol?" She asked quietly, which broke Tyler's heart. "Can't he be my daddy?"

"He's Jacobs father. And your mommy's boyfriend." She explained. "Now why don't you say hi?"

Isabel stood up and Rose hesitantly met her fathers gaze. "Hi."

"Hey Rosie." He gave her a smile as he kneeled down.

"Give him a hug, baby," Isabel told her softly.