Distract☽56☾

•|•

•|•

Elijah looked around his study while Isabel stood in front of him to talk. After dealing with Cami after her transition, Klaus had brought Hayley with him to help with Cami seeing as they could connect better being the newest to vampirism and all.

"Okay, so what's the plan? Cami's out there with the white oak, and I'm not gonna lose one more person that I care about."

"Niklaus and Hayley can handle Camille. 'Til then, I'll keep Aya distracted."

Elijah pulled out what looked like an ornately carved wooden scroll cover out of a desk drawer, and Isabel hesitated for a moment before she replied. "And how are you the one to achieve that?"

Elijah, clearly embarrassed by what he was about to tell her, paused, unable to look her in the eye. "She and I have history."

"Let me guess." She replied unamused. "You two had a thing?"

Elijah sighed. "Aya was a towering intellect with an insatiable curiosity. Passionate, fearless, and something of an outcast."

[flashbacks in italics]

Fifteenth century Elijah was playing the spinet in what looked like a church with stained glass windows when Aya -wearing a shawl that covered her hair and face- walked into the room and watched him before removing the shawl from her face.

"Long ago, I invited her... to join a rather elite company. I determined she was perfectly tailored to bear the responsibility of an immortal life. I made her like me."

She nodded in understanding. "She was one of the first Strix."

"We cared for one another deeply."

Elijah was passionately making out with Aya, whose hair was waist-length and braided, in the church.

Elijah looked embarrassed by what he was showing her, and explained his reasoning for what came after.

"Together, we created a fellowship unburdened by the limitations of man. It was the pursuit of a glorious new world." Elijah sighed deeply. "And then Father..." The Original paused and sat down on the edge of his desk. "Led by that unquenchable desire to slay his children, Mikael descended, accompanied by a small army. He laid to waste everything that I built. So... We had no choice but to run."

Elijah rushed into a room as the sound of approaching men on horseback were heard nearby. Elijah headed straight for Aya and caressed her face. "Come with me."