Old Friend☽58☾

•|•

•|•

Elijah's phone rang, and he answered it when he saw that it was Isabel calling from the Bayou.

"Isabella."

"We caught scent of Aurora out here in the Bayou. So if you could come out thats be great."

"Yes. We will see you soon." Elijah hung up and turned to Klaus with a smile. "The Crescent wolves... They found Aurora."

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

It was early in the morning, and the sky remained dark as Isabel walked toward the abandoned train car where Aurora and Aya were plotting earlier. She walked into the train car, which had a sign indicating it was formerly a post office car, and hesitantly walked though the hallway inside, making her way toward the main room while old-fashioned jazz music playing on a gramophone player nearby. She finally ripped the curtains open, but was shocked to find that there was no one in the room, though the creaking floorboards nearby seem to indicate she was not alone.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Isabel nervously turned back to leave. However, when she sensed something nearby, she found a hidden door and opened the lock to find someone's body was inside, which immediately slumped forward onto her. Curious, she lifted the person up behind the hair to see their face, revealing it to be Lucien, who had been bound, gagged, and was very desiccated as though he'd been starved for quite a while.

"Lucien." She hissed.

Outside, Aya and two members of the Strix have put Aurora's unconscious body in the back of an SUV, as her astral self was still in the chambre de chasse. When Elijah and Klaus approach them, Aya does not look at all surprised by the sight of them as she slinked in their direction.

Aya in a sing-song voice said, "hello, gentlemen."

Klaus smirked. "I had planned on taking a different head tonight, but yours will do just fine." Aya quickly drew Aurora's white oak bullet-filled gun and aimed it at him, and Klaus glared at her angrily. "I am getting so tired of having that vile weapon pointed at me."

Aya made an amused face and shrugged before she aimed it at Elijah instead. Elijah, despite visibly angry by this, maintained his fake smile and equally amused demeanor.

"Creator destroyed by his own creation. I suppose there's a certain poetry to that, wouldn't you say, Niklaus?"

Inside the train car, Isabel removed Lucien's gag, and he panted for breath weakly, his skin still gray from being starved. "Get... Klaus... out of here."