She's The Queen☽25☾

•|•

•|•

Elijah returned home to find a puddle of blood on the floor of the courtyard. When he walked toward it to take a closer look, he noticed a trail of paw prints that eventually turn into human footprints. The prints lead to a dead woman's body, which is propped up against the fountain. Elijah followed another trail of footprints to the bathroom, where Isabel was draining the tub where she had taken a bubble bath. He looked to the side to see two more bodies propped up against the wall next to the tub.

"Have you come to check up on me?" She asked not looking up from the drain where the blood colored watered swirled out.

"You've had an eventful evening." He noted.

"I was having a bad day, so Nik took me out to the Cauldron. Wouldn't you know, we ran into some nasty little witches."

"So, would you like me to remove your leftovers?" The Original asked sarcastically.

Isabel rolled her as she stretched her legs that were previously curled to her chest. Elijah stepped over the body and into the bathroom, and Isabel finally stood up in the tub, not at all concerned about Elijah seeing her naked, bubble-covered body. Elijah, clearly not pleased, reached for a towel and offered it to the hybrid, though he doesn't avert his eyes from her body.

"Don't look at me with those judgy little eyes, Elijah! What I did is no worse than anything Nik has ever done." She defended herself, wrapping the towel around her body.

Elijah looked concerned and exasperated with her words and behavior. "I would hope that you would hold yourself to a higher standard than Niklaus."

"I'm a hybrid now, and I have a new uncontrollable werewolf temper to go along with my very new appetite. And the witches who tried to kill my baby are worth nothing more than food. So excuse me."

Isabel brushed past Elijah and returned to her room to change.

Elijah briskly walked to his brother with a frown covering his face. "You took her on a witch hunt?" He asked incredulously.

"I simply wanted to persuade those witches to locate the white oak stake for me. When they proved unable to do so, I let Bel have her fun with them."

"She grows more savage by the day! Can you not see that she is falling apart?" Elijah asked in disgust.

"Perhaps the problem is your high standards? Bel is one of us now. Being a vampire only exaggerates what you truly are, and wolves are wild things. She knows she can never live up to the pretty little picture you paint of her in your head. Your judgment only hurts her more." Klaus told him honestly. "Let her do as she pleases. It's her only way of coping, brother."