New Strain☽62☾

•|•

•|•

Klaus and Isabel sat at a diner in the Appalachians, where Klaus was quietly talking on the phone with Elijah.

"If you find him, don't hesitate."

He hangs up the phone just as Isabel approached him. "Hope and Jacob fell asleep as soon as Mary started the car. And I bargained with Rose so she's been quiet. They should be good for the next few days without us." She looked down at a piece of paper ripped out of a small notebook, which had a list of addresses written on it. "So... which of these 10? Kingmaker offices should we go for first?"

Klaus stared at her worriedly, and after a moment, Isabel noticed his silence and looked up at him. "What?"

"Lucien has revealed his true nature." He told her worriedly. "He's taken, Freya." Isabel's eyes widen in shock as she took in this news. "And now, it seems her rescue depends on Elijah working with my ever-reliable brother Finn."

"And I'm assuming you want to go back to New Orleans to head up the hunt?" Klaus hesitated for a moment, clearly torn between their two different missions, and though Isabel was slightly disappointed, she understood and agreed. "Alrighty then. You should go. I'm sticking with Kingmaker, though. Lucien's working very hard to cover up these wolf kidnappings, and I want to know why."

Isabel reached for the list and the keys and turned to leave, and Klaus, after seeing that Isabel was hoping they could stick together, grabbed her by the wrist and stopped her.

Klaus sighed before saying, "no. The wolves, Freya's abduction... it can't all be a coincidence. We'll let my brothers pursue the obvious path." The original smiled weakly at her, and Isabel looked surprised by his change. "You and I... will pursue this one. No doubt all roads..." Klaus tapped his finger on the third address on the list, 122283 Forest Road, though the city and state are covered up by his hand. "...Lead to the same treacherous bastard."

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Andrew vamp-sped out of the room, and Davina walked over to Cami, looking sad.

"I'm sorry about the harshness. I think he's getting used to being alive and a hybrid again. I'm sure you can relate."

Cami gave Davina a skeptical look and said, "yeah... If that's his problem." Cami turned back to the boxes and started to search through them again, deliberately avoiding eye contact with Davina, who frowned in confusion.

"What does that mean?" She asked confused.

Cami sighed and looked hesitant as she turned to face Davina again. "I've seen that look before, Davina. My uncle... after he was cursed."