Party Invite☽48☾

•|•

•|•

Elijah was in the middle of his own workout at the new gym in St. Anne's church, where he was vigorously punching and kicking a punching bag. After a moment, he got so heated in his exercise that he punched the bag clear across the room, where it knocked over a bench press and hand-weights. When he turned around, he saw that Isabel had entered the room with a small card in her hands.

"Something the matter, Elijah?" She asked mockingly. "There's nothing you want to talk about? Like... The Strix?" Elijah pulled out a towel and used it to blot the sweat from his face. When he didn't respond, Isabel read the black invitation in her hands aloud to him. "'I do hope that you can come, old chum. Signed, Tristan.'" She waved the invitation in the air and gave Elijah a look as he walked over to pluck the invite out of her hands to read it for himself. "I was picking up Hope when some vampire dropped it off."

Elijah continued to skim the invitation, which read in full: "You are cordially invited to an evening of exquisite excess. The Davilla Estate, 7041 St. Charles Avenue. Midnight,' along with Tristan's personal note at the end that Isabel had already read aloud.

"You care to fill me in?"

"This isn't your concern." He told her quietly as he started to walk past her, but she grabbed him by the arm and stopped him.

"Oh, but it is. But you people seem to like to think that nothing does anymore." Isabel said as she vamp-sped them both over to the cage, where she pinned him to the chain-link wall by the throat. "So, why don't you cut the protective macho crap and tell me what's going on. I'm part of this family too, Elijah. I thought you of all people would act like it."

Elijah, who looked surprised by her tenacity, spun them so he was now pinning Isabel against the wall by her wrists.

"So, what do you want to know?" He finally caved.

Isabel ripped her wrist from him and gave him a fierce glare.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

"I simply want to know who is here at any given moment! I hardly think that's too much to ask." Isabel heard just as she and Elijah walk into the room where Klaus stood with Freya and Hayley who were both doing calming yoga.

The annoyed look on Isabels face didn't go away as she said, "well, as long as we're talking attendance..."

"Oh, good!" Klaus cheered mockingly. "It's my not-so-loving older brother and my not-so-happy parabatai/former one-night-stand! What a nice, normal family gathering."