Blood Diversion☽36☾

•|•

•|•

Jackson sat outside of Isabel's old shack in the werewolf encampments, whittling a tree branch with a knife.

"Uh, why do people keep leaving broomsticks on the porch?" Isabel asked joining him on the porch with a broomstick in hand. Jackson turned his head and smiled widely at her. "If people think I'm gonna be a housewife they are sorely mistaken." Jackson smiled even wider and choked back a laugh.

"Well, back in the day, it wasn't easy getting a preacher out here. So, if you were engaged, and you couldn't wait... then the community would let you jump the broom."

Isabel furrowed her brows looking at him with a look that showed she was visibly confused and oblivious to the sexual connotations.

"Couldn't wait for what now?"

Jackson could barely hold in his laughter. He rose his eyebrows at her in a suggestive manor hoping to hell that she would get it without him having to verbally say it.

Yet she still looked at him, puzzled, and Jackson started giggling before Isabel finally understood the joke and cleared her throat awkwardly in understanding.

"Oh!" She squeaked, her cheeks red in embarrassment. Before letting the broom drop to the ground.

"Yup." He laughed.

"You know I would have been happier with a hair dryer..."

Jackson laughed hysterically, and she smiled at him goofily. "It's just a tradition!"

"Yeah." She smiled awkwardly. "Mm. Got it."

They sat in awkward silence for a moment before Isabel changed the subject and pointed to the tree branch in his hands.

"So... whatcha been up to?"

Jackson stood up and moved onto the porch, where he walked toward a sheet-covered mound in the corner.

"Oh! I started on this for Hope when you lived here before. Never got around to finishing this one or starting the next one but now that they're alive-" He pulled off the sheet, revealing a half-finished baby crib made out of wood with a crescent moon carved into the headboard underneath it. "I figured it was time to finish the project."

Isabel stared at the crib in amazement, and after a moment, she smiled at him softly. She walked towards it and touched the moon. "I love it. Thank you, Jack."