Chapter 42: Finals

Yu Bai stopped, looked at him doubtfully, and raised her voice: "Huh?"

Luo Ciqiu hesitated, a little nervous: "We, we are opponents in the next match, don't get close to me, I won't let you off the hook!"

He covered his face and got into the mecha as if he was running away.

Luo Ciqiu's flustered and at a loss look made Yu Bai laugh out loud, "Then I'd like you to show mercy."

The meaningful ending sound was so long that Luo Ciqiu's head was buzzing, even if he tried to hide. In the mecha, the alluring voice was like fluffy feathers sweeping back and forth on his heart. He covered his red-hot ears and tried to show off through the loudspeaker: "You'd better not try to play any tricks. Come and compete with me!"

Yu Bai clasped her hands on her chest, supported her chin with one hand and looked up at Luo Ciqiu, her blood-colored eyes half-opened, as if she was possessed by a soul-stirring charm. Even if she is unconscious, she is always attracting the attention of the people around her. Even though she is separated from the screen, Luo Ciqiu feels uncomfortable.

If Yu Bai hadn't been because of those rumors, many omegas would have come to her door one after another based on her beauty. However, her bad character and those rumors that did not know the truth made people scramble to draw a line with her.

Luo Ciqiu was like this before, but why was he attracted now? While resisting his feelings, he fell into it step by step.

"I'll wait for you at the arena." As soon as Luo Ciqiu finished speaking, he disappeared.

Yu Bai looked at the people disappearing from sight with a smile, and thought with a smile that the playing field was still being cleaned up, and even if Luo Ciqiu went out now, he would just hide in the corridor.

Yu Bai turned on her optical brain and checked the war more than 10 years ago, especially the information about orphans.

The system looked at Yu Bai's browsing page and asked doubtfully: "Host, why are you checking this?"

"The information you gave me about Luo Ciqiu before said that he was an orphan of the war, so he was adopted by the Luo family. However, can an omega with a rare hair color and a rare eye color be picked up casually?" Yu Bai always felt that something was wrong, especially the one named Ji Wenhe just now. Seeing his eye color, Yu Bai always felt that something is wrong.

System: "Do you suspect that the information is wrong?"

Yu Bai sneered, "I don't believe a word of your information except for the name."

System: ...

As expected, there are very few reports on the origins of war orphans, but Luo Ciqiu's  adoption was reported.

Reports say that Luo Ciqiu was picked up by Luo's father in the ruins when he was transporting mecha accessories to the battlefield. Luo Ciqiu, who was still a child, was covered in injuries at the time and lay in the medical cabin for a full month before he woke up. But when he woke up, Luo Ciqiu, who was too frightened, could not remember anything. He had no idea where he came from or why he was there.

Yu Bai was confused: "Don't remember anything?"

System: "Is there any problem with this report? The hospital at the time had treatment records, and there were a lot of injuries on the body."

Yu Bai: "There is a problem only if there is no problem. During the war, it was chaotic, but this report could record it in such detail. Isn't it a problem? He's just a war orphan. Even if he has a rare hair color, they shouldn't be so concerned about it."