39. Welcome Home Mom!

As the days turned to weeks, Saw's pregnancy was continually monitored by herself, doctors, and all the members of Team8s. Her morning sickness began to clear up, and Saw was feeling much more like herself.

Saw began to form a small, yet noticeable bump as the pregnancy moved a long. When the team took photos that they sent to Gaty, they had to try and hide the bump as best they could to keep the pregnancy a secret, and it worked! Gaty hadn't suspected a thing the entire time she was away.

When the day came for Gaty's returned, the group had everything planned out for the big surprise. Saw was ready in her room, with a giant sign covering her belly that the team had made.

The rest of the team gathered in the living room, waiting for Gaty to arrive. They tried to contain themselves so they didn't ruin the surprise.

Once Gaty had arrived home from the airport, she was greeted by the rest of the team.

"We missed you, Gaty!" Pin said, giving her a hug.

"How was Costa Rica?" Barf Bag asked.

"I missed you all too, and I learned a lot in Costa Rica, I'm so glad that I had the opportunity!"

Thread, who Needle was holding, smiled when she saw Gaty again.

"I missed you too little one," Gaty said with a smile. "Hey, where's Saw?"

"She's up in her room," Coiny responded, "she has a surprise for you." The whole team tried to contain their excitement for the big reveal.

"Okay..." Gaty said, noticing the suppressed smiles from her friends. She made her way up to their room, and opened the door. Saw was holding a sign that said, "Welcome home Mom!" on it.

"Surprise," Saw said. Gaty was still in shock as Saw lowered down the sign to reveal her bump.

Gaty's jaw droped to the floor, not believing what she was looking at. "You're joking," was all she could mutter.

"I'm not! Gaty, we're having a baby!" Saw squealed.

Gaty's eyes widened in disbelief. The room seemed to stand still for a moment as the weight of Saw's words slowly sank in.

"We're having a baby?" Gaty repeated, her voice a mix of astonishment and overwhelming joy.

Saw nodded vigorously, her eyes sparkling with happiness. "Yes, Gaty! We're going to be parents!"

Overcome with emotion, Gaty rushed into Saw arms as she pulled her in for a hug. Tears of joy streamed down her face as she held onto Saw, realizing the beautiful journey that lay ahead for them.

"I can't believe it," Gaty whispered, her words muffled by the emotions that surged within her.

The rest of the team, who had been eagerly waiting outside the room, couldn't contain themselves any longer. Bursting in with contagious excitement, they surrounded the couple, offering hugs, cheers, and congratulations.

"You guys all knew about this?" Gaty asked.

"We did," Donut said, "Saw really wanted to keep it a surprise for when you got back."

Saw added on, "you didn't need anything else to worry about while in Costa Rica. Everyone really helped me out here while you were away."

Gaty continued to hold Saw, a mixture of emotions washing over her. The surprise, the joy, and the realization that they were about to become parents created a moment that would forever be etched in their memories.

"Thank you, everyone," Gaty said, her voice filled with gratitude. "I can't believe I missed so much."

Coiny grinned, "Well, you're back just in time for the exciting part!"

The room buzzed with excitement as the Team8 family shared the joyous news. Thread, still in Needle's arms, clapped her hands, seemingly joining in the celebration.

Saw, feeling the warmth of Gaty's embrace, whispered, "I wanted to wait and tell you in person. I didn't want you worrying from afar."

Gaty pulled back slightly. "This is the best surprise ever. I can't believe we're going to be parents."

The rest of the team chimed in with their congratulations and well-wishes, creating an atmosphere filled with love and support. Barf Bag, holding back tears, said, "You two are going to be amazing parents. We're all here for you."

As the initial excitement settled, Gaty turned her attention back to Saw's belly, gently leaning against the small bump. The reality of the new life growing within Saw was both miraculous and humbling.

"When did you find out?" Gaty asked, her eyes still fixed on Saw's belly.

Saw explained the timeline, sharing the journey of the past few weeks, the morning sickness, the doctor visits, and the anticipation of Gaty's return.

Gaty sighed, her heart full. "I'm so glad to be home. I can't wait for this adventure."

Saw was so happy to have her wife back, "I can't wait either."

The Team8 family spent the evening reveling in the news, sharing stories, laughter, and dreams for the future. The journey into parenthood had begun, and the support of their friends made it all the more special.

As night fell, Gaty and Saw found themselves alone in their room, the excitement of the day settling into a quiet, tender moment. Gaty gently kissed Saw's forehead, whispering, "I love you and our little one so much."

Saw, feeling a profound sense of happiness, replied, "I love you too, Gaty. Welcome home, Mom."

...............................................

Yay! More wholesome chapters! I'm really glad so many of you have been enjoying this book! See you all in the next chapter!

- Sunny