68. What Have I Done?

After talking to Firey and Leafy, who were away on a trip, she made her way over to Book and Price Tags place to stay for at least a night. Although it hurt her to leave her partners and her two children, she knew it was best for all of them if she took a step back and thought about what she had just done.

As she approached the door, Book answered, and invited her into her home. Although her and Book weren't the best of friends, Needle always respected Book after all that she went through throughout her time in BFDI, and thought it wouldn't be so terrible to get to talk to someone like her.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay here," Needle said, her voice trembling, "I...can't be in that house for a little bit."

"I get it," Book said, "sometimes it's good to...distance yourself a little bit."

Needle made her way into the house, and eventually saw a little girl standing in the corner of the room.

"Why hello there sweetheart," she said to her. Almost immediately, she ran away, running behind Book.

Book smiled when she realized that Needle had noticed her daughter. "Oh...I see you met our little Bookmark!"

Needle nodded, "yeah, she seems a bit shy I notice." She put and hand out to try to make her feel more at ease.

Book smiled warmly, her eyes filled with pride. "Bookmark can be a bit reserved at first, but she's a wonderful girl once you get to know her."

Needle approached Bookmark slowly, offering her a warm smile. "Hi there, Bookmark. It's nice to meet you."

Bookmark glanced up at Needle, her eyes wide with uncertainty. She didn't say anything, but the hint of a smile tugged at the corners of her lips.

"She's a bit shy around new people," Book explained, kneeling down beside Bookmark. "But I'm sure she'll warm up to you soon."

Needle nodded understandingly, her heart going out to the timid little girl. "That's okay, Bookmark. We can take things slow."

Bookmark continued to hide behind her mother, still scared of the unfamiliar face that later in front of her.

"Bookmark, it's okay honey, Needle doesn't hurt anyone," Book reassured her.

Right as Book said that, the flashbacks of last night began to haunt her. The truth was: she almost hurt her own newborn son. She slapped her own wife over some petty fight while Dimey was helplessly wailing in Pins arms.

Needle then took a step back from Bookmark, afraid of herself. What if she had another outburst like that again in front of this sweet little girl. Tears filled Needles eyes as she found a chair to sit on, burying her head in her arms.

Book knew that something was wrong with Needle, and that she needed to check on her. Just then, Price Tag came down the stairs, attracting the attention of Bookmark.

"Bookmark, go hang out with mimi for a little bit," Book instructed. Bookmark innocently ran off to Price Tag while Book went over to Needles side.

Book approached Needle with a gentle expression, her heart heavy with concern for her troubled guest. Sitting beside Needle, she placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Needle, are you okay?" Book asked softly, her voice filled with genuine concern. "You seem really upset."

Needle lifted her head from her arms, her eyes red-rimmed from crying. She tried to compose herself, but the weight of her emotions threatened to overwhelm her.

"I... I don't know, Book," Needle admitted, her voice wavering with uncertainty. "I just feel like everything's falling apart, and I don't know how to fix it."

Book nodded sympathetically, offering Needle a supportive smile. "I understand," she said gently. "Sometimes, life throws us challenges that seem insurmountable. But you're not alone, Needle. We're here for you, whatever you need."

Tears welled up in Needle's eyes once again, her emotions raw and tumultuous. "I just don't know what to do," she whispered, her voice barely above a whisper. "I could have hurt him, Book, over that petty nickname. I don't know why I reacted like that, it just...felt like I lost control."

Book's expression softened even more, her heart aching for Needle's anguish. She squeezed Needle's shoulder gently, offering her silent support.

"I understand, Needle," Book said softly, her voice filled with compassion. "Sometimes, our emotions can get the best of us, especially when we're under a lot of stress. Trust me, I've experienced that first hand But what's important is that you recognize what happened and that you're seeking help to work through it."

Needle nodded, her shoulders trembling with the weight of her guilt and regret. "I just... I don't want to be that person, Book," she admitted, her voice choked with emotion. "I don't want to hurt the people I love."

Book's heart went out to Needle, her own eyes moist with empathy. "You're not that person, Needle," she reassured her gently. "You're going through a difficult time right now, but that doesn't define who you are. And I know that with time and support, you'll find a way to overcome this."

Needle sniffled, wiping away her tears with the back of her hand. "But what if I can't fix things with Pin and Coiny?" she asked, her voice tinged with fear.

Book placed a comforting arm around Needle's shoulders, drawing her close in a comforting embrace. "You will, Needle," she said firmly, her voice filled with conviction.

"Love has a way of healing even the deepest wounds. And if you're willing to work through this together, I believe you can rebuild what's been broken."

Needle leaned into Book's embrace, finding solace in her words of encouragement. For the first time since the argument, she felt a glimmer of hope stirring within her heart.

"Thank you, Book," Needle whispered, her voice filled with gratitude. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Book smiled warmly, squeezing Needle's shoulder affectionately. "You're not alone, Needle," she said softly. "We're in this together."

As they sat together in silence, Needle felt a sense of peace wash over her, knowing that she had a friend by her side to help her through the darkness. And with that thought in mind, she allowed herself to surrender to the embrace of sleep, knowing that tomorrow was a new day filled with endless possibilities for healing and reconciliation.

....................................................

Hello friends! We're back to another more wholesome chapter (for now...) and we get some more Book content, hooray! This isn't going to be the last of Book so stay tuned! Not much else to say, get ready for the next chapter...

- Sunny