Chapter 17 jade pendant

When Brother Tang heard what Cheng Junyin said, he said with a straight face, "No! I'll give you another two taels of silver at most. If we can't reach an agreement, then don't buy it."

He deliberately pretended to be vicious, but in Cheng Junyin's eyes, he was like a kitten showing its teeth and claws, so cute that people wanted to hold him in his arms and rub him.

Yaren exclaimed, "Ten taels? How can that be done!" This suppressed five taels, which was too cruel!

"Forget it." Chengjun Yin sighed in disappointment, "Husband, let's go."

Seeing that Chengjun Yin gave up like this, Yaren became anxious, "Don't go! It's not impossible for ten liang!"

Then The old farmer asked for no less than nine taels. Although he earned less at ten taels, the mosquitoes were still meat no matter how small they were!

Cheng Junyin paused and looked at each other and smiled at Brother Tang.

After leading the cow out of Yaxing, Cheng Junyin spent another two hundred coins to order a cart and made an appointment to pick it up before dark. Then he took Brother Tang to buy cloth and cotton.

After buying cotton and cloth, Cheng Junyin took a look at the rouge shop next door and pulled Brother Tang in while it was still bright.

Brother Tang asked blankly: "Husband, what are we doing here?"

Chengjun Yin asked back: "What do you think we can do here?"

He picked up a box of ointment, and the waiter came forward and introduced: "This is The white jade cream that husbands love to use can be applied on the face and hands to keep the skin as smooth as ever throughout the winter. " Cheng

Junyin asked, "Is it useful for frostbite?"

Just get frostbite.

The waiter recommended another ointment specifically designed to treat chilblains, and Cheng Junyin finally bought both.

Brother Tang saw that a small box of palm-sized ointment cost 100 yuan. His face was so distressed that he had to take the money again.

As soon as the money was taken out, a girl in a pink gown squeezed in front of them, placed several expensive powders in front of the shopkeeper, turned to look at Brother Tang, and said in a commanding tone: "Pay together with me." ."

Cheng Junyin frowned and recognized the person.

Brother Tang's cousin, Lin's daughter, Jing Meixing.

Brother Tang didn't even look at Jing Meixing, but asked the shopkeeper expressionlessly, "Seven hundred yuan, right?"

This was the money they spent to buy those things.

Jing Meixing was stunned, and her beautiful face became distorted with anger, "Brother Tang, how dare you pretend that you don't know me?"

She saw Brother Tang as soon as he came in, and thought that Brother Tang was marrying Chengjun Yin. He was not going to have a good life. Unexpectedly, Cheng Junyin suddenly stopped beating people and made a lot of money by making cold noodles.

She comforted herself that Chengjun Yin would not like Brother Tang, let alone treat him well, but what she saw was that Chengjun Yin even let Brother Tang take care of his money.

Which man in these ten miles and eight villages doesn't hide his money tightly for fear of being stolen by his married wife? Why does Brother Tang have such good luck?

Seeing that Brother Tang was about to pay, she couldn't bear it anymore. She grabbed the things she usually wanted to buy but didn't have the money to buy and rushed over.

She is not afraid that Brother Tang will not buy it for her, because Brother Tang is afraid of her.

In the past ten years, Brother Tang has been worse than even a chicken raised in her home.

But she didn't expect that just one month had passed, and Brother Tang would dare to ignore her like this?

"I know you." Brother Tang put the money away and looked up at her, "Jing Meixing, my cousin."

Jing Meixing asked in disbelief, "Then you still dare not to pay for me?"

"Tang Why do you want me to pay for you? He is married to me, Chengjunyin, and he is spending my Chengjunyin's money." Chengjunyin protected Brother Tang behind him, "I don't. Do you know when the unmarried eldest daughter of the Jing family asked me, a foreigner, to pay for it?"

Jing Meixing's face turned pale, "Don't talk nonsense! I want him to pay for me, he is my cousin! "

The brother on the side couldn't stand it anymore and shouted angrily, "Cousin, are you going to pay for it?" Someone responded, "That's right, it's not my real brother

. How can an unmarried girl be so shameless?"

Listening to everyone's discussion, her face turned red. When she heard that someone was asking about which Jing family girl she was, she couldn't stay any longer and ran away in despair.

Cheng Junyin looked at her back with dark eyes.

Jing Meixing, an unmarried girl, dared to treat Brother Tang like this. One can only imagine what kind of life Brother Tang lived in the Jing family.

Brother Tang saw Jing Meixing deflated and grabbed Cheng Juanyin's hand in a good mood, "Husband, let's go to the jewelry store opposite."

Cheng Juanyin came back to his senses and looked at Brother Tang with a soft look in his eyes, "Okay. "

He thought Brother Tang was going to buy something of his own, but he didn't expect that Brother Tang was looking at the jade pendant the man was wearing.

Chengjun Yin stopped him, "Brother Tang, I have a very good jade pendant. I don't need to buy any more."

Brother Tang didn't believe it, so he raised his face and asked, "Why haven't I seen you wearing it?"

Chengjun Yin Thinking of something, his eyes darkened slightly, "Because I'm not here for the moment."

The jade pendant that represented his identity was with Mrs. Liang.

Sooner or later, he will get the jade pendant back.

Brother Tang reluctantly put down the jade pendant in his hand, turned around and was about to walk out. He was pulled back by Chengjun Yin before he had walked a few steps, and a silver bracelet with a simple pattern was put on his wrist.

Cheng Junyin grabbed Brother Tang's wrist and looked around, with a very satisfied expression.

Brother Tang's eyes widened with vigilance, he covered the place where he hid the money on his chest and said, "Husband, I have no money! I won't buy it."

Chengjun Yin squinted his eyes, like a big-tailed wolf with ill intentions, "I like it I'll buy this one if you see it, okay?"

Brother Tang was coaxed by Chengjun Yin again. When he left the jewelry store, he had a silver bracelet in his hand and money in his pocket. Another third missing.

Looking at the silver bracelet in his hand, he came to his senses and tried to take it away, but was diverted by Cheng Junyin's next words.

"We should go buy chickens and ducks."

"...Oh, okay." It seems that I forgot something.

In an inconspicuous corner of the jewelry store, Brother Yun and Jing Meixing watched them go away with ugly expressions.

Brother Yun snorted heavily, "What's there to be proud of! Cheng Junyin will get tired of him sooner or later!"

Jing Meixing agreed with this sentence, but she didn't say it out loud. She just asked: "How could Cheng Junyin agree to marry him?" you?"

She knew that Brother Yun had always liked Cheng Dacai, but Cheng Dacai looked down on Brother Yun, a brother in the village.

Brother Yun's face darkened, "Of course it's because he likes me!"

Jing Meixing sneered, "You really think I can't guess."

Mu Chai and Cheng Da Cai entered the inner mountain. Cheng Da Cai was safe and sound, but Mu Chai was injured. a leg.

Fortunately, the injury to the leg was not serious, and it was possible to save it after spending money.

The Cheng family didn't even plan to pay for the medical expenses, but they didn't know what Mu said to Liang. They only knew that Liang came to the house the next day with money and betrothal gifts to arrange a betrothal for Brother Yun and Cheng Dacai.

Brother Yun looked panicked, but then he forced himself to calm down, "What can you guess?"

No one will know!

Muchi promised that he would not tell others.

When Jing Meixing saw Brother Yun's expression, she knew she had guessed correctly. She lowered her eyes and said warmly, "Don't hide it from me. I know that Cheng Dacai didn't want people to know those things, so I agreed to marry you. "How do you know! "

Brother Yun's eyes narrowed, "Who told you? Those scoundrels?"

Jing Meixing's lips curled up slightly.

It seemed like she would have to ask some scoundrels in the village.

Brother Tang bought ten chicks and five ducklings, and carefully held them in his arms along the way, smiling with crooked eyebrows.

Chengjun Yin set up the cart and saw that Brother Tang was still reluctant to put them down, which made him a little annoyed, "Brother Tang, you didn't smile so happily when you looked at me."

Brother Tang blushed, "Husband What are you comparing to them?"

Cheng Junyin sat on the cart and sighed, "I'm driving here alone, but my husband only cares about chickens and ducks, and he doesn't want to accompany me."

Brother Tang pursed his lips after hearing this. Lip put down the chicken and duck, endured the shyness and sat behind Chengjunyin, pulled the corner of his clothes and said, "I'll accompany you."

Chengjunyin looked sideways at Brother Tang's back to his already red earlobes, with a smile in his eyes , "Thank you, husband."

Brother Tang lowered his head and his cheeks were so hot that he didn't recover for a long time.

The oxcart was swaying along the path, and Cheng Junyin's voice came to the wind, "Brother Tang, I would like to ask people in the village to help make sauce."

Brother Tang looked up at him, "Who do you want to invite, husband?" ?"

Chengjunyin said, "Please those who have never bullied you."

Brother Tang was slightly stunned. He wanted to say that it didn't have to be like this, but in the end he just hugged Chengjunyin's arm and rested his head on him. , asked: "My husband is so good to me, aren't you afraid of spoiling me?"

Chengjun Yin's chest vibrated, and he laughed heartily, "I am happy to spoil you."

Brother Tang puffed up his face slightly, "I I won't let my husband succeed."

Chengjun Yin put a free hand around him, "I want Li Zheng to take charge of this matter."

Brother Tang shrank into Chengjun Yin's arms, "The chili peppers at home and There are not many sesame left."

He paused and asked quietly: "Husband, you don't want to go into the mountain again, right?"

Chengjun Yin laughed twice, "Chili and sesame are both in the outer mountain. There is no danger in the outer mountain. I used to go there often. ."

Brother Tang pushed him away and said nothing.

Chengjun Yin was anxious and grabbed his hand, "How about you come with me?"

Brother Tang retracted into his arms again, "How dare you not listen to your husband's words."

Chengjun Yin : "..."

That's not what you just said.

Seeing Brother Tang's secretly raised corners of his mouth, he ruffled Brother Tang's hair as if to vent his anger. Brother Tang looked up at him in confusion, "Husband, what's wrong?"

Chengjun Yin withdrew his hand, not daring to look at Tang. The broken hair on his head was sticking out and swaying in the air. He said seriously: "It's okay."

I hope Brother Tang's broken hair can return to its original position before returning to the village, otherwise he may be dead tonight. Can't go to bed.

Brother Tang asked, "Husband, is there really no danger in the outer mountains?"

Chengjunyin was silent for a moment and said, "Compared to the inner mountains, it is safe."

He lifted the broken hair from Brother Tang's temples, "People in the village will often You also know when you go to Waishan."