Chapter 46 Buy a cook

Cheng Junyin's expression darkened, "He wants to go to the county magistrate to discuss recruiting troops for the imperial court."

A hundred years ago, the three kingdoms of Yu, Cheng, and Chu made a covenant to end the war. Since then, the three kingdoms have stood in harmony.

However, in recent years, Cheng State and Chu State have been ready to make moves, repeatedly offending the borders of Yu State, and have begun to join forces.

The Yu State has a strong military, but due to its barren territory and low grain yield, the Holy One is benevolent and refuses to increase taxes. Therefore, the Yu State's treasury has been in deficit all year round.

If a fight breaks out, the rest of the country will be in danger.

However, Wan Baifan, the war god of the Yu State, was in his prime, and the two countries of Cheng and Chu were wary, and they would not start a fight so soon.

In the last life, he only vaguely knew from the villagers that the war situation was not good. The territory of Yu State was shrinking again and again. However, due to its remote location and far away from the border, Shanxiang County was not affected by the war when Brother Tang died.

Brother Tang was uneasy, "The letter came late, I'm afraid Mr. Qin was delayed because of it."

Chengjun Yin nodded, his eyes deep.

Until Wan Baifan turned white-haired, he fought bloody battles on the battlefield to protect the rest of the country.

If the Yu Kingdom is defeated, Wan Baifan will not be able to escape death.

Brother Tang noticed that Cheng Junyin's mood was not right and asked: "Husband, what are you thinking about?"

Chengjun Yin came back to his senses and said warmly, "Brother Tang, let's go to the dental shop to buy someone."

After the sauce workshop was completed, , he needs a lot of people to make sauce, and others can't trust him, so he can only buy people.

He originally wanted to wait until the sauce workshop was built before buying it, but the recruitment process made him realize that he still had more things to do, and he couldn't be stuck in the kitchen making sauce all the time.

Brother Tang's eyes opened slightly, "I'm afraid we don't have enough money in hand."

Chengjun Yinmo said after a long while: "Brother Qin should still be in the county at this time."

Brother Tang: "..."

The road is uneven, Chengjun said Juan Yin put layers of mattresses on the wooden board to ensure that Brother Tang would not be bumped before letting Brother Tang get in the car.

He drove his car towards the county, and happened to meet Qin Menglian who was about to leave Shanxiang County at the gate of the county.

Qin Menglian was surprised and happy when he saw them. Before he could say his greetings, he heard Cheng Junyin say straight to the point, "Brother Qin, how much silver do you still have on you? Can you lend it to me?"

Qin Menglian said: "...You guys are specializing in this. You came to the county just to borrow money from me, right?"

Chengjun Yin smiled slightly, "Yes."

Qin Menglian wanted to turn around and leave, but he had to maintain his grace.

"Recently, all the money earned from sauces has been put into the hole in the sauce workshop. We really don't have any extra money to buy people?" Brother Tang looked helpless.

Chengjun Yin said again, "Buy someone to make the sauce, and I will be able to provide you with more sauce soon."

Qin Menglian's mouth twitched slightly.

These two couples sang together and came here specifically to cheat money from him!

He took a deep breath and said, "One hundred taels at most."

Chengjun Yin handed over his hand, "Brother Qin is generous."

Qin Meng didn't even want to be generous, but he couldn't stand up to the couple alone, so he could only grit his teeth and take out the money and bear the burden. The hand left, calling him careless friends along the way.

Cheng Junyin took Brother Tang into the inn, mailed the letter he had written to Chen Nuoping, and then took Brother Tang to the hotel.

Brother Tang asked curiously: "Husband, what did you write in your letter?"

"It will be the Empress Dowager's 60th birthday in one month. I asked Chen Noping to use this opportunity to present the method of making tofu to the Holy One."

The Holy One cares about the people and sees The wonderful benefits of tofu will definitely promote tofu all over the world. By then, beans, which are considered useless by people, will become one of the staple foods. Poor people who cannot eat rice will also be able to avoid hunger because of the emergence of tofu.

It will take some time for the tofu making method to be popularized throughout the world, and the money Chen Nuoping earned during this period was enough to buy the food that allowed Shanxiang County to survive the natural disaster.

Brother Tang raised his eyebrows and said, "My husband is so kind."

My husband took out the tofu, not for himself, but for the world.

Chengjun Yin leaned close to his ear and said with a smile: "I am so good, can Brother Tang use less honey traps on me in the future?"

Brother Tang refused with a smile, "No, husband."

Chengjun Yin sighed slightly and accepted his fate. He took Brother Tang into the Ya shop. Ya Ren recognized them. When he saw them, he walked towards Brother Tang with a clear purpose. "What do you want to buy, husband?"

Brother

Tang said, "Slave." He led them in, brought them to a group of brothers

and girls with sunken faces, and said, "These people are all innocent. They sold themselves to find a way out because their families were poor and couldn't survive." Without saying anything, Yaren said again, "Although they look thin, they each eat less and work a lot."

Brother Tang glanced at everyone and said, "Those who are good at cooking will come forward."

A thin brother He stood up. Although his face was dirty, his eyes were bright, "I can."

Brother Tang asked Yaren, "Is there any man who can cook?"

Yaren thought he was a waiter.

Sir , I didn't expect that I was looking for a cook. Seeing that Cheng Junyin didn't care, he laughed and said, "Look at my stupid brain. I took you to the wrong place on my own initiative. I will take you to see the man." He thought Brother Tang didn't want him, his eyes were sad, but the next second he heard Brother Tang say, "Follow me."

Brother was happy and hurriedly followed Brother Tang, but he didn't dare to get too close to Chengjun Yin and Brother Tang. , afraid that the smell of the body will smell to them.

Yaren took Brother Tang to look for men who knew how to cook, but he didn't find anyone he was satisfied with.

Not for anything else, just because they saw that the person who made the decision was a brother, and they looked at Chengjun Yin with disdain and disdain in their eyes, as if they were accusing Chengjun Yin of being useless and letting a brother take over and call the shots.

Yaren had seen Brother Tang's bargaining skills, and he didn't ask for a high price. After a final push, Brother Tang bought Brother Shou for ten taels of silver.

The thin guy's name is Lingwu, and he actually escaped from the border.

He and his grandmother originally lived together in a restaurant, but wars continued on the border. Before her death, his grandmother told him to flee south, away from the border mirror, so Brother Wu ran here alone.

Since Brother Wu was the brother who had not left the court, they arranged for Brother Wu to live in the sauce yard. When Chengjun Yin taught Brother Wu how to make sauce, Brother Tang sat aside and watched.

This move is not to protect Brother Wu, but to have a man and two brothers in the same room, which is harmful to Brother Wu's reputation.

Brother Wu got started very quickly, and on the third day he was able to make the sauce on his own that satisfied Chengjun Yin.

Cheng Junyin gave him all the kitchen work and set a monthly salary of five hundred cash for him. If the salary is good, it will be higher in the future.

Brother Wu was as happy as if he had been hit by a big pie.

He just wanted to sell himself for food and clothing, but he didn't expect that he could get such a good living after selling himself.

Five hundred articles a month! How can other workers get such high wages? What's more, he is just a slave.

Cheng Junyin took Brother Tang away from the sauce yard and went straight to his own acre of thin farmland.

Brother Tang was confused, "Husband, what are you doing here?"

Chengjun Yin looked at him and said, "Brother Tang, I want our children to grow up safely."

After the nest was overturned, there were no intact eggs.

The rest of the country must not lose this battle.

If the rest of the country wants to be strong, it must first get rich; if it wants to be rich, it must first have food; if it wants to have food, it must fertilize its fields.

In the Book of Chaos, the method of fertilizing the fields is recorded.

He wanted to try it out with this acre of land. If it was really useful, he would write to the emperor and benefit the whole country.

Brother Tang touched his belly and nodded in understanding, "Husband, you don't seem to have answered my question."

Chengjun Yin bent down slightly, rested his chin on his shoulder, and whispered in his ear. , "Brother Tang, I want to try to see if the method of fertilizing the fields is useful."

Brother Tang was so smart, and his heart became clear when he heard this. He hugged Chengjun Yin tightly and said, "Husband, I support you."

Chengjun Yin He patted Brother Tang's arm gently, "Relax, be careful not to press on your belly."

Brother Tang: "...Husband, you are exaggerating."

The month is too young now, and his belly is very small, and he can't even see it. There is still a little life inside, so it won't be crushed.

Chengjun Yin said seriously: "Be careful."

"You are here." Niu Zi came from the field ridge, "I just went to the sauce yard and failed."

Chengjun Yin was slightly surprised, "But the blue bricks Not enough? "

If there wasn't something going on in the workshop, Niu Zi wouldn't have come here at this time.

"That's enough." Niu Zi looked happy, "The wall of the workshop will be built tomorrow, but..."

Chengjun Yin said before he could be happy, "Speak directly."

Niu Zi asked doubtfully, "Why don't you just get up ? Instead of building a house, you plan to cover the workshop with tarpaulin?"

Cheng Er asked them to use blue bricks to build a partition wall only two feet high, and use the partition wall to separate several squares in the workshop. Use oilcloth to prop up small houses on squares.

Chengjun Yin couldn't explain the reason, so he could only think of a random excuse, "Because there is not enough money."

Niu Zi: "..."

Niu Zi walked back with regret on his face, Brother Tang smiled and said, "My husband is lying."

It was obviously because Even if the tarpaulin is shaken off by an earthquake, it will not damage the grain.

Chengjun Yin locked Brother Tang in his arms and pretended to be fierce, "I didn't learn this from Brother Tang. Brother Tang deceives me every day."

Brother Tang smiled and begged for mercy, "I don't I dare you, husband."

Cheng Junyin pinched his nose gently and let him go. He jumped forward a few steps, then looked back and smiled slyly, "I lied to you, husband" and

he said this again. He hurriedly walked forward, fearing that he would be caught by Cheng Junyin.

Chengjun Yin quickly followed him and said helplessly, "Walk slowly, be careful not to fall."

Of course he knew that Brother Tang was lying to him, but it was just Zhou Yu hitting Huang Gai, one was willing to hit and the other was willing to suffer.

If you want to fertilize your fields, you have to collect manure and water. Chengjun Yin had someone build a hut next to the sauce yard.

After the huts were built, Brother Tang asked the workers to go to the huts to use the toilet.

The workers were happy.

Tianchong Village is so poor that no one is willing to spend the money to build a hut. If you want to go to the toilet, you have to hide in the grass or close the door with a tiger.

It's easy for men to go to the toilet outside, but not for women.

The workers in the sauce yard are all men and women. They are embarrassed to use the toilet in other people's houses. If they want to use the toilet, they have to run back to their own homes, which is troublesome and troublesome.

Now that we have an independent hut, who can't be happy?

You know, those who have toilets in the village are decent people.