Chapter 28 Chen Nuoping

Chengjun Yin brought Brother Tang to the county town early the next morning and went straight to Duoyu Restaurant.

Duoyu Restaurant had just opened, but the lobby was already full. The waiter came up with a smile. When he saw Chengjun Yin, his expression changed and he shouted upstairs, "Shopkeeper, the God of Wealth is here."

Chengjun Yin& Brother Tang: "..."

Hao Duoyu ran downstairs. When he saw Chengjun Yin, he grinned before he spoke, "When I woke up in the morning, I saw the magpie screaming, and I thought to myself We have guests coming to the door today."

He said as he welcomed them upstairs, "Come on, come and sit upstairs."

Chengjun Yin led Brother Tang upstairs, but saw Brother Tang's eyes unblinking. Looking to the left, Chengjun Yin called out, "Brother Tang?"

Brother Tang came back to his senses, frowned and shook his head, "It's okay."

He always felt that someone was staring at them over there, but he looked over time, but saw nothing.

When they came upstairs, Hao Duoyu couldn't wait to say, "If you don't come to me today, I will have to come to you."

Chengjun Yin was confused, and Hao Duoyu laughed, "Sesame paste, you are so stupid What else?"

When the waiter brought back the sesame paste, he didn't care. After all, the sesame paste was dark and didn't look delicious at all.

But that night he stayed in the Yamen, and his stomach was screaming with hunger. He didn't want to go out to buy food in the cold wind, so he thought of this sesame paste.

He soaked a bowl of sesame paste according to the waiter's instructions. The aroma almost confused him. After another sip, it was soft, glutinous and sweet. If he wasn't full in just one bowl, he really wanted to make a few more bowls.

Such delicious, convenient and filling food, there is no need to worry about selling it!

"Brother Hao, if you want it, I can give you any amount." Chengjun paused, "But this thing is not for sale."

This sesame paste has another use.

Brother Tang explained, "When my husband made the sesame paste, he didn't hide it from the villagers."

Hao Duoyu looked regretful, but he still said, "Brother Cheng is a noble man."

"I don't dare to take it seriously." Cheng Junyin looked faint. Shen, talking about business, "I'm here this time because I have something to ask you for help."

Hao Duoyu looked serious, "You tell me."

Chengjun Yin briefly told Hao Duoyu about Xiong Dou and said After he finished, he asked: "How is the shopkeeper of Hao Yu Restaurant like?"

Hao Duoyu shook his head with a stern face. Chengjun Yin understood, and he asked again: "Is he easy to deal with?"

"He is easy to deal with." Hao Duoyu He looked embarrassed, "But the people behind him are difficult to deal with."

He explained: "Xunyu is just the shopkeeper of Hao Yu Restaurant, but the real owner of Hao Yu Restaurant is Wu Yu, the brother of the magistrate, and half of Shanxiang County The property belongs to him."

Cheng Junyin's face darkened, and he asked, "Does the property in his name have any use for sauce?"

Hao Duoyu's face changed slightly, "Nothing

as good as sauce . , it is impossible for Wuyu not to be moved, but Wuyu has not taken any action so far. Either he plans to wait on the sidelines for a while, or he plans to use other methods to obtain the sauce.

Based on his understanding of the house, the possibility of the latter is high.

He lowered his voice and said, "Brother Cheng, the county magistrate has a romantic nature. He has a lot of concubines in the backyard. He only has a son and a daughter born by the main wife. He is extremely favored." The

annual salary of the county magistrate is only fifty-six taels.

Cheng Junyin tapped his fingers on the table.

Hao Duoyu was hinting to him that the magistrate's house was gradually collaborating with the house and the wolf.

In Shanxiang County, Wu Jian can almost cover the sky with one hand. Offending Wu Yu is equivalent to offending Wu Jian, and he will not get any good results.

"Thank you, Brother Hao, for reminding me." Cheng Junyin smiled slightly, "I would like to trouble Brother Hao to investigate what I just said."

He had to find out whether Xunyu knew about what Mo had done.

Hao Duoyu smiled and said, "You're welcome. Brother Cheng trusts me. Of course I can't let Brother Cheng down."

He could tell that Cheng Junyin was a very cautious person, but Cheng Junyin didn't hide anything from him and Let him help.

With such trust, Hao Duoyu will naturally not let him down.

After leaving Duoyu Restaurant, Cheng Junyin took Brother Tang to the rice shop and asked about the price of food. Brown rice was eight cents per catty and polished rice was ten cents per catty.

Chengjun Yin thought for a moment, and then asked Brother Tang about several stores in succession, all at the same price.

After coming out of the last rice shop, Brother Tang frowned and asked, "Husband, why have food prices gone up?"

Last time they came to buy rice, brown rice cost six cents per catty and polished rice cost eight cents per catty. But now In fact, every kilogram increased by two cents.

Cheng Junyin glanced at the rice shop behind him, his eyes darkened, "The boss has changed."

Brother Tang asked, "Who has changed?"

As soon as he finished speaking, there was a noise behind him, and the two of them looked back. , I saw a plump man in brocade clothes stepping off the carriage on the back of a servant. The shopkeeper in the rice shop came up to him with a smile, "Master, are you here?"

Chengjun Yin's eyes were heavy, "The house "Yu"

Wuyu has a monopoly on rice grains in the county, and no one dares to say anything even if the price is raised.

Brother Tang held Cheng Junyin's hand tightly.

The increase in rice prices will starve to death for countless poor families who cannot afford to eat in the first place.

Cheng Junyin gently patted Brother Tang's hand and led him into the alley. As he walked forward, he reassured him, "Don't be afraid, I have a way."

Brother Tang looked up at him, his eyes bright. , "What can you do, husband?"

Chengjun Yin sighed slightly and asked, "If I were poor again, would you dislike me?"

Brother Tang patted Chengjun Yin's arm and said with a puffed face: "Husband, this is What nonsense are you talking about?"

Chengjun Yin took Brother Tang's face and pushed it in the middle, "Yes, yes, it's my fault, husband, don't be angry."

Brother Tang snorted. , something seemed to be stepped on under his feet, and his body lost balance and fell forward. Chengjun Yin's pupils shrank, and he had no time to catch Brother Tang, so he had to turn over in the air and press himself underneath as a cushion.

"Bang!" Chengjun Yin groaned.

Brother Tang got up in a hurry and his eyes turned red, "Husband, what's wrong with you? Where are you injured?"

"It's okay." Chengjun Yin waved his hands pretending to be indifferent, enduring the pain from his back and straightened up. Look at the culprit who tripped Brother Tang.

It was a 'corpse'.

"Is he dead?" Brother Tang shrank behind Cheng Junyin with some fear.

Cheng Junyin looked at the scar that was still bleeding from the corner of the man's eye with complicated eyes, "I can't die."

Before he even started looking, someone came to his door.

Brother Tang tilted his head, "Husband, do you recognize this person?"

"Yes." Chengjunyin said, "You also recognize him."

Brother Tang was startled, and squatted down to take a closer look at the face of the 'corpse'. "Husband, isn't this right?"

Chen Nuoping, the owner of Chen's Rice Shop, said.

The rice sold by Chen's Rice Shop is reasonably priced and never mixed with soil. People from eight nearby villages love to go to Chen's Rice Shop to buy rice.

The last store they just went to was Chen's Rice Shop.

He seemed to have guessed something, his face turned pale, "Did Wu Yu make it?"

Chen Noping was a scholar.

Chengjun Yin nodded, "Brother Tang, if you save him, you will save another trouble. Will you save him?"

In the last life, there was an earthquake in Shanxiang County. Businessmen in the county took the opportunity to raise the price of food. The county magistrate gradually became complicit with him, and public resentment arose. Chen Noping led countless good people to become bandits and robbed rice and grain to provide relief to the victims. In the end, he was put on the execution stand for treason by Wu Jian and his head fell to the ground.

The reason why he knew about this was that Brother Tang was also one of the people rescued by Chen Nuoping at that time.

In his previous life, he didn't know who the businessman in the county was at the beginning, but now he knows that it was Wu Yu.

The house in the previous life died in the hands of Chen Noping, and Chen Noping also paid his life for it.

In this life, he didn't want to see Chen Noping end up with the same fate.

"Help!" Brother Tang answered without any hesitation, "We have been targeted by the house owner."

Even if the husband didn't say anything about the sauce, he could see clearly.

Chengjun Yin smiled fondly, "Okay, I'll listen to you."

Brother Tang blushed slightly, "My husband obviously thinks so too."

"Now that we're done talking, can you start saving me?" A weak voice spoke in the silence. The small alley appears particularly clear.

Brother Tang and Cheng Juan Yin looked at Chen Nuoping together. Chen Nuoping's face was pale and pale, as if he was going to die in the next second. "I need water and food."

Cheng Juan Yin fed him water, and Brother Tang stood up and said : "I'm going to buy some food."

Cheng Juanyin was a little uneasy. He didn't want Brother Tang to be too far away from him. "Don't go too far. Buy whatever you want. As long as you can eat it, he won't die."

Chen Noping: " ...I'm still here."

Cheng Junyin said impatiently: "I'm not blind."

Chen Nuoping: "..."

He leaned against the wall and gasped weakly, "Why are you being stared at? Go up?"

When he woke up, he heard them discussing whether to save him or not.

"Did I make the sauce?" Chengjun Yin tore off Chen Noping's robe and handed him the rag, "I'll wrap up my face later."

Chen Noping took the rag and said, "No wonder."

A quarter of an hour passed and Brother Tang still hadn't come back. Chengjun Yin stood up anxiously, his face darkened.

Chen Nuoping saw that Chengjunyin was nervous and said weakly: "Go find him, he's not safe."

"Wait for me here." Chengjunyin dropped these words and was about to walk out, but Hearing the sound of rolling wheels, he craned his neck and looked outside, only to see Brother Tang driving an ox cart over.

Brother Tang ran quickly, panting slightly, but his eyes were bright, "Husband, I also bought some anti-hemorrhage medicine and two large quilts."

Cheng Junyin deliberately made his face sullen, "I saw it."

He asked: "What did you promise me just now?"

Brother Tang looked at Chen Nuoping with a blank look in his eyes and asked, "Can you climb onto the bullock cart and hide under the quilt by yourself?"

The house and the house are probably still looking for Chen Nuoping. We can only hide the house first and let him come out after leaving the county.

Chen Noping smiled bitterly, "I'm afraid I can't."

Brother Tang was confused. Chengjun Yin pinched Brother Tang's earlobe with a dark face and secretly said, "I'll take care of you when I get back."

Brother Tang felt a chill down his spine and he didn't dare to be angry . .