Chapter 42 There is poison in the medicine.

Although the firewood shed is messy, there is nothing missing.

After all, at first glance, there is only chopped firewood here, which is heavy and worthless, so the thieves will naturally not take it.

He walked to the corner of the woodshed, moved away two piles of dry firewood, picked up the garbage-like rag bag at the bottom, and padded it. After feeling the familiar weight, his eyes darkened.

Big trees attract wind. After buying land and cattle, he did not dare to put the money in the same place, so he acquiesced to Brother Tang to give him most of the money to build a workshop.

He put the cloth bag into his pocket, packed up the firewood shed, then turned back to the side room and looked at the frowning Brother Tang and asked, "Brother Tang, can you do me a favor?"

Brother Tang looked up at him, "Husband. What do you want me to do for you?"

Cheng Junyin pointed to a pile of torn quilts and said, "Help me patch up the quilts."

"Husband," Brother Tang pursed his lips, "Can we not cover this quilt?"

Intellectually, he thought it was a waste, and he shouldn't ask this, but when he thought about the quilt he was covering with patchwork patches, he felt uncomfortable all over.

If he was in the past, he would be very happy to have a quilt to cover him and keep him warm, but why has he become like this now?

He drooped his eyebrows, angry at himself for not being thrifty enough.

Chengjun Yin touched his head and smiled, "How could I cover Brother Tang with a torn quilt?"

Brother Tang said with red eyes, "But we have no money?"

Chengjun Yin handed the cloth bag to him. He said, "I still have the money."

Brother Tang opened the bag excitedly and laughed happily after looking at the dozens of taels of silver inside.

He tied the cloth bag carefully and returned it to Chengjun Yin, "Husband, you take care of it."

He saved the money, but it was too easy to be found.

Cheng Junyin took out five taels of silver from the cloth bag and put it into Brother Tang's purse, saying: "I kept this money because I wanted to be a worker's wages. If it weren't for this reason, I'd probably have died a long time ago." It's all spent."

Brother Tang thought about how Cheng Juan Yin spent money like water, and said, "Then let me keep the money until the workshop is completed!" Cheng

Juan Yin said with a smile in his eyes, "Okay.

Brother asked: "We don't need the bedding, so who will use the supplies?"

Chengjunyin looked outside the house and said, "For the new guests."

As the sun set, Chengjunyin and Brother Tang rode the oxcart to go for the sauce. courtyard.

At this time, the workers were about to leave work. Cheng Junyin drove the bullock cart in and distributed the prepared things to them one by one.

They didn't want it, but no one told Cheng Junyin.

Aunt Niu smiled when she saw that there was still the tofu they had been longing for inside, "I wonder why Cheng Er didn't sell tofu today? The co-author was left to us."

Mrs. Liang thought to herself, "Cheng Er is interested. "

They left the yard with their hands full of things and went back to their homes.

After a while, the news spread throughout the village, and many envious people became red-eyed.

Nan was washing clothes by the river. The winter water was freezing cold and her hands were red. When she heard this, she tightened her clothes suddenly, her eyes full of reluctance.

"I heard that some people go to Brother Du's house to get married."

"Brother Du is very popular now. Although he can't speak, he makes a lot of money."

"That's great! What about Cheng Er's workshop? We are still recruiting people!"

Not far away, women who were washing clothes gathered around and talked with envy on their faces.

Nan stood up suddenly, took the unfinished clothes and ran away.

Her movement attracted the attention of the women, but the women just sneered, "You deserve it!"

It was dark, and in the side room, under the flickering candlelight, Brother Tang looked at the dark concoction in the bowl on the table. He flattened his lips and asked, "Husband, why didn't he steal the medicine?"

Chengjun Yin laughed, "Fortunately, he didn't steal the medicine, otherwise such a big ginseng wouldn't have been saved."

Although the medicine package was messy, the ginseng was still there. It was still there. He estimated that the thief just flipped through it casually, so he didn't see the ginseng placed at the bottom.

"Why didn't he steal the medicine?" Brother Tang was angrily, "This medicine is so expensive!"

Chengjun Yin lightly tapped his nose and said with a smile, "Don't make trouble, drink quickly."

"Oh." Tang Brother reluctantly picked up the bowl and was about to drink it when he suddenly heard a knock at the door.

His eyes brightened slightly, he put down the medicine and ran out, "I'll open the door!"

Cheng Junyin looked at his jumping back and smiled helplessly, his eyes full of doting.

If he hadn't been there, Brother Tang would have finished the medicine long ago.

Brother Tang was just acting coquettishly with him.

He stood up and followed Brother Tang, who asked, "Who is it?"

No one answered the door, but there were several sounds of claws scratching the door.

"It's Taotie who's back." Brother Tang walked quickly to the door and opened it.

Under the dim moonlight, two gray wolves had their ears drooped, wagging their tails and smiling at them like dogs.

A palm-sized wolf stumbled out from between the two wolves. When he saw Brother Tang, he tilted his head and his eyes were full of curiosity.

Brother Tang couldn't help laughing.

This little wolf is so cute.

The little wolf seemed to be aware of Brother Tang's kindness and ran towards Brother Tang. However, after running a few steps, the male wolf picked him back and growled a few warnings.

The little wolf grunted aggrievedly, but still followed his parents obediently, looking eagerly at Taotie, who was standing at the front with his head held high, as if he was wondering why his parents didn't let him run ahead of Master Taotie.

Brother Tang knelt down and picked up Taotie, caressing him gently, "Thank you for your hard work."

Taotie narrowed his eyes and wagged his tail rapidly.

He not only brought back these wolves, he also spent time teaching these wolves how to be dogs.

Chengjunyin took Taotie out of Brother Tang's arms and threw it away. Taotie felt his body empty and his eyes widened in disbelief, "Chengjunyin! How dare you cross the river and burn down the bridge! I'm going to kill you!" "

Bang! "The Taotie fell into a puddle of cake when it hit the ground, and the cursing voice stopped abruptly.

The two big wolves looked at each other, wagging their tails into the air, and smiled even more flatteringly.

This human being is more vicious than Taotie!

Cheng Junyin chose the wolf because the wolf is cunning enough and can read people's faces and distinguish the pros and cons of the situation.

Little Wolf tilted his head ninety degrees, as if wondering why Taotie suddenly flew away.

Chengjun Yin lifted up the little wolf with one hand and stuffed it into Brother Tang's arms, "It likes you very much."

Brother Tang was annoyed that Chengjun Yin was too rude to Taotie when suddenly a cute little wolf was stuffed into his arms. The wolf immediately forgot about Taotie.

He held the little wolf in his arms, turned and walked inside, "Husband, what name should we give him?"

Chengjun Yin closed the courtyard door and carried him into the house, "What name do you like?"

The two wolves looked at Chengjun Yin and then at Taotie. After struggling for a while, they tiptoed past Taotie and followed Chengjun Yin into the house.

The first snow of winter came suddenly, and the snowflakes slowly fell on Taotie's body. Taotie raised his head and bit the snowflakes into his mouth with a crunching sound, his black pupils burning with blazing anger.

Chengjun Yin, if you don't take revenge for this, you are not a glutton!

Brother Tang sat down with the little wolf in his arms. Chengjun Yin's eyes were smiling, "The door has been opened and the wolf has touched it. It's time to drink the medicine."

Brother Tang looked at him and muttered dissatisfiedly, "Just drink, husband. He doesn't care whether I take the medicine or not."

Chengjun Yin knew that Brother Tang was messing around, but he still followed his words: "After you take the medicine, I will only care about you."

"Then you do what you say. Come on." Brother Tang picked up the bowl and before he could drink it, the little wolf in his arms suddenly slapped the bowl away with his paw.

"Bang!" The bowl shattered into pieces on the ground, and the black concoction splashed all over the floor.

Brother Tang froze in fright, Chengjun Yin quickly picked up the little wolf, his face darkened.

The two wolves stood up nervously, staring at Cheng Junyin with their amber eyes.

The little wolf was keenly aware of the danger, his ears drooped, and he whimpered softly.

"You scared it." Brother Tang hugged the little wolf over, "It didn't hurt me."

"I know." Chengjun Yin was just scared.

He shouldn't ignore the danger of the wolf just because it's young and give it to Brother Tang at will.

If it was Brother Tang that Xiaolang wanted to hurt just now, he would have no time to stop him.

He tried to ask Brother Tang to put down the little wolf, but when he saw Brother Tang comforting the little wolf with a distressed look on his face, he finally swallowed his words.

The two wolves lay back on the ground, just closer to Brother Tang.

Animal intuition tells them that this human being can protect them.

Brother Tang touched the little wolf's head and asked in a warm voice: "Why do we need to take the medicine away?"

The little wolf whimpered twice. Brother Tang couldn't understand it, but the little wolf's parents did.

The male wolf stood up and walked over to the concoction to smell it. Suddenly he stuck out his tongue, rolled his eyes and fell to the ground, his body stiff and motionless.

Brother Tang's face turned pale with fright, "It stinks to death?"

He said the medicine was terrible to drink!

Cheng Junyin: "..."

He looked at the tip of the male wolf's tail that was shaking quietly, his eyes were deep, "Stop pretending, get up."

The male wolf put away his tongue, stood up and rubbed Brother Tang affectionately, It seems to be comforting.

Brother Tang: "..." No wonder they say wolves are cunning.

The male wolf walked back to the female wolf, grinning proudly.

Taotie told them that humans couldn't understand their words, and if they couldn't speak it, they would act it out.

It is really a smart wolf, and it acted so well for the first time.

The female wolf seemed not to want to see it look so proud, and covered its mouth with a disgusted paw.

After realizing it, Brother Tang tightened his clothes and felt a chill in his heart, "Husband, is this medicine poisonous?"

Chengjun Yin saw the uneasiness in his eyes, held him tightly in his arms, and touched his lips again and again. Back, "It's okay, you haven't eaten yet."

Brother Tang felt Cheng Junyin's body temperature and his heart gradually calmed down, but he didn't know that somewhere he couldn't see, Cheng Junyin's face had lost all color.

I didn't take it this time. Are the things I took beforehand medicine or poison?

What should he do if something goes wrong with Brother Tang? What should he do?

He hated himself for not being careful enough and letting thieves take advantage of him.

He tried his best to control his emotions and said, "I'll go to the kitchen to take a look at those medicine bags. How about you rest here and don't come out?"

By the end of his words, he was trembling.

Brother Tang was silent for a moment and said, "Okay."

When Chengjunyin opened the door, Brother Tang stood behind Chengjunyin and said to him, "Husband, it's okay."