Chapter 36 The Nan family was dismissed

At noon, bursts of attractive fragrance wafted from the kitchen, and Hao and others were so fragrant that they swallowed their saliva.

They didn't have the habit of eating lunch, but Brother Tang was raised by Chengjun Yin and had three meals a day, so he never skipped a meal.

No matter how busy Chengjun Yin is, he will never forget to prepare food for Brother Tang.

Brother Tan held his stomach and said with a grimace: "Everything about this life is good, but this period of time is particularly torturous."

They were not hungry, but mainly greedy.

The strange thing is that they can't make such a fragrant taste themselves. How did Cheng Er do it?

Mr. Hao smiled and said, "Okay, let's get to work."

"Aunt Hao." Cheng Junyin walked out of the kitchen, holding a large bowl with greasy braised pork in his hand, "Make it today." There are too many, please divide them up."

Everyone's eyes lit up when they heard this, and they all swallowed subconsciously.

There were only five pieces of meat in a bowl of meat. There were big and small pieces of meat. Whether intentionally or not, Hao took the smallest piece of meat when he gave it to Nan.

Nan's hand tightened on the lotus leaves, but she still didn't say anything. She wrapped the meat in lotus leaves and put it in her arms.

The dumb brother divided the largest piece of meat. He waved his hand in astonishment and pointed to the smallest piece of meat in the bowl, meaning that this piece would be fine.

However, Mr. Hao forcefully put the meat into the lotus leaf in his hand, "You are the one who works the hardest in this yard, and you should take this piece of meat."

Hearing this, the dumb brother handed him the lotus leaf and held it with his hand. Gestures.

You are the one who works the hardest.

Mr. Hao blushed in embarrassment and said angrily: "Go, go, put the meat away and go to work quickly."

The dumb brother pursed his lips and smiled, carefully wrapped the meat and put it in his pocket. eat.

Although Brother Tan was very greedy, he didn't eat it. He wanted to take it back to his father.

Afraid that the smell of meat would be too tempting while he was working, he put the meat somewhere far away, thinking that he would pick it up when he returned.

As the sun set in the west, Hao and others went back one after another.

Dumb Brother always stays until the last moment before leaving. He knows that his job is hard-earned, so he works extra hard and cherishes it.

Suddenly, his vision dimmed, and he raised his head in confusion, meeting Nan's cold eyes.

"Give me your meat." Nan ordered in a tone of voice, "Otherwise I will take the sesame back and tell everyone that you took it."

Dumb Brother is a mute and has trouble speaking. Even if he wants to explain, he has no words. Who has the patience to watch him make wild gestures?

Dumb brother blushed and gestured with his hands: I saw it.

Nan frowned and asked, "What did you see?"

Brother Mute pointed at the kitchen.

You put the red fruits in the kitchen.

He pursed his lips tightly and gestured: Brother Tang is very good, you shouldn't do this.

Nan sneered, "How dare you, a mute, teach me how to do it?"

She reached out and grabbed the dumb brother's chest. She saw that the mute brother had put his meat here.

The mute brother covered his clothes and shook his head desperately.

This is what he left to his parents.

Their house hasn't had any smell of oil for a long time.

Nan's things have been going badly recently and he was already in a bad mood. When Brother Mute resisted, his face twisted and he pushed Brother Mute to the ground violently, "Who do you think you are? Even a mute like you is worthy of the responsibility." Meat cooked by Er?"

Dumb brother's eyes turned red in humiliation.

"What are you doing!" Brother Tan went back happily, thinking about eating meat with Liu Langzhong.

When he got home, he discovered that he had forgotten to bring back the most important meat. He ran back quickly, but he didn't expect to see this scene, and his face turned red with anger.

Nan's face changed slightly, and he was obviously panicked.

Brother Tang and Cheng Junyin who were in the room heard the sound and came out. When they saw Brother Du sitting on the ground, their expressions changed.

Brother Tang quickly walked over, helped Brother Mute up, and asked, "What's going on?"

Nan couldn't wait to say, "He wanted to steal something. I saw it and stopped him quickly."

Brother Mute shook his head in panic. He gestured desperately, trying to prove his innocence.

"You're talking nonsense!" Brother Tan retorted sternly, "You clearly said that Brother Dumb is not worthy of eating Cheng Er's meat!"

Nan gritted his teeth, "I said that, but it was because he stole things and I was so angry. That's what he said."

He looked at Chengjunyin with a delicate look and sincere eyes. "You believe me."

Chengjunyin asked in disgust, "Why should I believe you?"

Nan's expression froze, and then he looked at Brother Dumb. , with stern words, "Brother Dumb, I know your family is poor, but you can't steal things. Brother Tang is not good enough to you?"

Brother Dumb grabbed Brother Tang's hand as if grabbing As if holding on to the last straw, he looked at Brother Tang pleadingly.

He didn't do it.

But he didn't know how to explain it. Not many people could understand the content of his gestures, and not many people were willing to read it patiently.

But he doesn't want to lose this job, because with this job, his parents no longer need to go hungry, and their family no longer needs to be looked down upon, and they don't need to look down upon others' faces.

He no longer wants to live the same life as before.

But what can he do? He is a mute and useless person who can't even speak, so who would believe him?

He lowered his eyes, his expression gloomy and despairing.

"I don't believe Brother Dumb would do such a thing." Brother Tang's voice was serious.

Brother Du'er's heart skipped a beat, and he looked at Brother Tang with mist in his eyes.

Brother Tang believes in him.

Nanshi suppressed the jealousy in her heart and cried out: "Brother Tang, I know you don't like me, but you can't slander me like this. I caught this thief for you. Is this still the case?" Do you have to be beaten down?"

Brother Tan was also confused at this time. Could it be that he had misunderstood?

But Brother Dumb doesn't look like someone who can steal things.

Dumb Brother took out the braised pork wrapped in lotus leaves, pointed at Nanshi, and struggled to express what he meant.

Nan immediately retorted, "I have it myself, why should I steal it from you?"

Dumb brother didn't know how to explain it, he was so anxious that he almost cried.

"The human heart is not enough for a snake to swallow an elephant." Chen Noping held on to the door frame and smiled slightly, "I just happened to witness what happened."

The woodshed is the closest place to Hao and others working. Just now, he was reading a book, and suddenly He heard several small but sharp sounds, which disturbed him so much that he couldn't calm down, so he looked out the window to see what was going on.

When Brother Du was pushed down by Nan, he wanted to go out to help, but he heard Brother Tan's voice again.

He wanted to know how Nan would argue, so he remained silent.

If he hadn't said anything, he would have never known that this seemingly fragile woman had such a deep intention.

Nan's face turned pale.

Dumb Brother looked at Chen Noping gratefully, and Chen Noping nodded gently towards him.

Cheng Junyin looked at Nanshi coldly, "What else do you have to say?"

Nanshi lowered his head to cover up his unwillingness, "I just haven't eaten meat for too long. I'm sorry. It's my fault. It's my fault." Leave."

She paused and asked pleadingly, "Can you not tell me about this? After all, I am a widow, and I..."

"If you don't tell me, we will be the bad guys." Cheng Junyin's eyes were cold. "Why should I bear such a bad reputation because of you?"

Nan said silently.