Chapter 98 Served as first assistant

Xiong Beimiao and Jing Yi looked at the magnificent Prince Yongzhen's palace and glanced at each other, feeling as if they were floating in the clouds and finally landed.

When they heard Brother Tang talk about Cheng Juanyin's identity before, they didn't have any real idea because they had seen Cheng Juanyin when he was a child, and Cheng Juanyin had no airs in front of them at all, and they only regarded Cheng Juanyin as an ordinary junior. treat.

But now that they came to the capital and saw so many servants at the door, they slowly had a real sense of Cheng Junyin's identity.

Cheng Junyin was Prince Yongzhen, a relative of the emperor, an existence they had never dared to imagine before.

Xiong Beimiao was worried.

He was afraid that Chengjun Yin would treat Brother Tang badly because of his status difference.

Jing Yi saw his worry and whispered: "Cheng Er has always been like this, don't worry too much."

Before meeting them, Cheng Jun Yin was Prince Yong Zhen, but Cheng Jun Yin was very interested in Brother Tang. His attitude has not changed.

He believed in Cheng Junyin's character. Even if he came to the capital, Chengjun Yin would not change his mind.

Chengjun Yin walked into the palace with Brother Tang in his arms. All the servants in the palace knelt down and said in a loud voice, "Welcome the prince, princess, young lady, young prince, master and old man to return to the palace!"

Xiong Beimiao grabbed hold of him uneasily. Jing Yi's hand showed no timidity.

The few years he spent in Chanzhou had allowed him to adapt to his identity as an old man.

Cheng Junyin couldn't stay in the palace for long. After explaining to Uncle Chen, he hurried into the palace.

Brother Tang couldn't take any time off either. As soon as Chengjun Yin left, he started to deal with matters in the mansion.

Uncle Chen persuaded, "The prince told you to have a good rest before he left."

Brother Tang replied without turning around, "It's okay, I will tell him." Uncle

Chen did not expect that the princess looked well-behaved and weak. How dare you go against the prince's will. "

Seeing Brother Tang walking away, Uncle Chen was very embarrassed.

Aunt Chang reminded him, "You can listen to the prince, but you must listen to the princess."

Uncle Chen asked in disbelief: "Has it always been like this?"

In the palace, the princess's status is actually higher than the prince?

Although he knew that the prince doted on the princess, no one in the entire capital, except for the two in the palace, doted on his husband to the point of overriding him.

"Both the young prince and the prince are afraid of the princess." Mother Chang said, "If the three of them quarrel, we, the current people, only need to listen to the princess and act." Uncle

Chen didn't understand, "When we quarrel, we still listen to the princess, but what about the prince? ?"

Aunt Chang said quietly: "The prince listens to the princess." He

also listens to the princess when quarreling.

In this mansion, there is no such thing as the princess being treated coldly, only the prince being kicked out of the wing to sleep in the study.

Uncle Chen's eyes were complicated, "I understand."

The prince is indeed the biological son of the eldest princess, and his status is exactly the same as when the eldest princess was alive.

However, the eldest princess had a distinguished status at that time. Marrying a general was a lower marriage. It was normal for the eldest princess to have a high status in the palace.

But now that the princess has a high status in the palace, it is entirely because of the prince's connivance.

The servant hurriedly came to report, "The man from the palace is here!" Uncle

Chen was surprised, "Go and tell the princess quickly."

Brother Tang was looking at the account books of the palace over the years, and the more he looked at him, the more he frowned.

Although the palace has many properties, it is running short of money every year, almost to the point of making ends meet.

But when he came, he passed by the shops under the Wangfu name. Although these shops could not be said to be doing very well, there were people coming and going at the door, so it was impossible to make ends meet.

He closed the ledger and rubbed his brows.

Some of them are busy.

Brother Xi came to report, "Master, the queen is here!"

Brother Tang hurriedly got up and went out to greet her. As soon as he walked to the door, he saw Wu Li, who was dressed in red and handsome.

Wu Li came alone, without any servants beside him, and saw the kind smile in Brother Tang's eyes.

Brother Tang was about to kneel down when Wu Li stopped him, "According to seniority, you have to call me aunt, but I feel awkward. How about you call me Master Wu?"

"Master Wu." Brother Tang felt that this queen was not what he imagined. There was something different in him. He looked at Wu Li, who was a bit thin-skinned and blushed slightly.

Wu Li deepened the smile on his face, "No need to be nervous, I'm just here to see you as an elder."

He paused and asked impatiently: "Where is Xiao Zhuzi? Has he rested?"

Brother Tang Er had already guessed that Wu Li came specifically to see Xiao Zhuzi, so he just asked his servants to call him.

When Xiao Zhuzi came, he heard someone calling his name. When he looked up, he saw another adult he didn't recognize.

He looked at Brother Tang in confusion. As soon as Brother Tang introduced Wu Li, Wu Li grabbed Xiao Zhuzi's face and squeezed it.

Xiao Zhuzi cast a look of help at him, and he looked away silently.

My mother-in-law can't save you this time.

Xiaozhuzi was very desperate and finally broke free from Wu Li's hand. Yu Shengjue and Chengjun Yin came.

Yu Shengjue excitedly grabbed the little bamboo and kissed her wildly, not looking like a Nine-Five Supreme at all.

Wu Li felt that he was embarrassed and didn't want to look at him.

Brother Tang and Chengjun Yin couldn't laugh or cry.

When they left, Wu Li handed Brother Tang a token, "This token allows you to enter and leave the harem at will. If you are free, bring Xiao Zhuzi to see me. If someone bullies you, you can also come directly to see me." I will file a complaint and I will protect you."

Brother Tang's eyes were sore, "Yeah."

After they left, Xiao Zhuzi couldn't wait to run away, saying, "Uncle, I want to go back and play with the baby!"

Chengjun Yin and Brother Tang looked at each other and smiled.

Brother Tang asked: "Why are you back so soon?"

Chengjun Yin was helpless, "Uncle wanted to see Xiao Zhuzi, and he couldn't wait to leave the palace after saying that he wanted me to be the chief minister."

Brother Tang smiled and said Tell Chengjun Yin about the account book.

Chengjun Yin couldn't bear to let him be too tired, "You ask Aunt Chang to help you."

Brother Tang looked at him, "Don't worry, I can handle it."

Early morning.

Yu Shengjue handed Wu Qianluo to Dali Temple for interrogation. Xiangjue didn't care about Wu Qianluo's life or death. He had already arranged for Wu Qianluo to be dealt with. The most important thing now is to let his people sit in the position of the prefect of Chanzhou. .

The minister of the Ministry of Industry was the first to propose that Ming Beggar be appointed as the magistrate of Chanzhou, but the imperial party naturally refused.

People from both groups were blushing and the whole court was spitting. Chengjun Yin covered his face, ignored Xiang Jue's glances from time to time, and stepped back.

He's mysophobic and really doesn't want to get involved in their saliva.

Xiang Jue had been on guard against Cheng Junyin, but when he saw that Cheng Junyin didn't say a word, he felt a sense of explosion in his heart.

"What do you think, Mr. Cheng?"

One sentence brought Chengjun Yin back to the center of the incident.

"Not at all." Chengjun Yin smiled, "No matter who in the civil or military dynasty served as the prefect of Chanzhou, they would not be as good as me." As

soon as he finished speaking, there was dead silence in the upper court.

Although what Cheng Junyin said made sense, they had never seen such a shameless person!

Wu Changyuan was afraid that the water in Chaoshang was not muddy enough, so he said loudly, "What Mr. Cheng said is absolutely true!"

Yu Shengjue did not hide his appreciation, "I also think he is right, what about you?"

All the officials agreed, and both the Imperial Guards and the Xiangjue Party smiled sincerely.

This Master Cheng is really not self-effacing at all.

After a brief silence, Xiang Juedang began to detail Ming Beggar's excellence. Xiang Juedang stepped forward and said, "Master Ming is talented and responsible. I think there is no one more suitable than him."

He spoke sincerely, "Your Majesty, you Isn't it always said that one has to be very powerful to become an official?"

Yu Shengjue asked, "Who is more capable, Cheng Junyin or Ming Gai?" After a moment of silence from the officials, someone flattered him, " Of course it's Lord Cheng

."

Everyone praises Cheng Junyin for being so awesome. Who dares to go against the Holy One at this time?

Xiang Jue gritted his teeth and said, "Master Cheng has outstanding talents. If he continues to serve as the governor of Chanzhou, it will be a waste of his talents."

Yu Shengjue was satisfied, "You are arguing here, and I have asked Master Ming for his opinion. "What?"

He asked Ming Beggar, "Are you willing to be the magistrate of Chanzhou?"

Ming Beggar stepped forward and glanced at Chengjun Yin, "I am willing."

Yu Shengjue waved, "Okay, then it's you . Go."

A smile appeared on Xiang Jue's lips, and Yu Shengjue said naturally: "The position of chief assistant has been vacant for a long time, let Chengjun Yin take it."

Xiang Jue knelt down and said, "Your Majesty! No!"

Xiang Juedang's officials knelt down and asked, "Please take back my life!"

Yu Shengjue's face darkened, "I appointed the governor of Chanzhou and you asked me to take my life back. Now that I appoint the chief minister, you want me to take my life away." , Otherwise, the emperor asked you to do this?"

All the officials knelt down in fear, "I don't dare!"

Yu Shengjue snorted coldly, "You just said that Cheng Junyin is outstanding and extraordinary. If you can compare, then of course only the position of Chief Assistant can be worthy of him. If you have such strong opinions, why can't you tell me?"

Xiang Jue stepped forward and said, "Master Cheng is still junior..."

"You are junior. What does it mean? You are so qualified. Can you increase the yield, make the people well fed, and enrich the national treasury? Doesn't it mean that he can do these things in just three years? It's just that he's very capable!" Yu Shengjue

spoke for a long time, "How many of you can match his achievements? What qualifications do you have to say that you can't be the chief assistant?" Shen said, "If we really want to determine official positions based on seniority, Prime Minister, you are not the most senior person in this government. Should I let the most senior person take your current position?"

Xiang Jue's face turned pale, he lowered his head, gritted his teeth and changed his words: "I believe that although Mr. Cheng is relatively young in qualifications, he is highly capable and the position of chief assistant belongs to him!"

Yu Shengjue smiled with satisfaction, and rewarded Cheng Junyin with a lot of things before retreating from the court.

Chengjun Yin returned to his house and found that there were more things in the house than what Yu Shengjue had given him. He asked Brother Tang, who said helplessly: "It was the one from the harem who rewarded me."

Chengjun Yin smiled. "Didn't you love money the most before?"

Brother Tang scolded him, "Husband, you will laugh at me."

"How dare you." Chengjun Yin asked, "Are you going out later?"

"Yes." Ah ." Brother Tang said while counting the rewards, "I want to take dad and the others for a walk, and take a look at the property under the palace's name."

Chengjun Yin hugged him, "I'll go with you."

, Brother Tang was about to go out, but he learned that Jing Yinyun was not in the house.

Aunt Chang said: "Miss, she can't stay for a moment. She ran out early in the morning."

Brother Tang asked: "Is there anyone who takes care of the palace?"

There are too many people with status in the capital. , Brother Tang is afraid that Jing Yinyun will be bullied.

Aunt Chang was helpless, "No."

Brother Tang pursed her lips, and Chengjun Yin hurriedly spoke for Jing Yinyun, "She has a temper that won't let others bully her."

Brother Tang flattened his lips, "Husband. , you are just spoiling her!"

Chengjun Yin silently closed his mouth, not daring to say anything.

Uncle Chen came over, "The master and the old man took the people in the house out this morning. It seems that the old man is in a bad mood, so the master wants him to go out and relax."

Brother Tang asked: "Where is the little bamboo?"

Uncle Chen was silent for a moment, "There is only a letter in Xiao Zhuzi's room."

The signature on the letter was Yu Lu, the queen's name.

Chengjun Yin unfolded it and took a look, and his heart trembled.

"Husband, Xiao Zhuzi went to the palace to play."

Brother Xi arrived late, "Master Husband, there was a letter from the palace just now, saying that Xiao Zhuzi and the baby went to the palace."

Brother Tang: "...Taotie and Xiao "Zhao went out too?"

Mother Chang responded. Brother Tang looked at Chengjun Yin aggrievedly, "Husband, you are the only one who stays with me."

Chengjun Yin was quite happy to be with Brother Tang. world, but he didn't dare to show it.

As soon as they went out, a sedan stopped at the gate of the palace, and Yu Chengwu walked down in a hurry.

Uncle Chen's heart skipped a beat, "Your Majesty, the masters have all gone out to play. Should I call them back?"

Yu Chengwu slapped his thigh and said regretfully, "If I had known I wouldn't have gone hunting yesterday."

He asked, "They When will Xiao Zhuzi come back with them?"

Chen Bo replied, "I don't know when, but Xiao Zhuzi has entered the palace?"

Yu Chengwu got on the sedan chair excitedly, "Hurry! I'm going to the palace! I want to see Xiao Zhuzi."

Brother Tang and Cheng Junyin walked to the inn like ordinary people.

This inn was a property under the name of the eldest princess. After Chengjunyin came back, the emperor transferred it to Chengjunyin's name and became the property of the palace.

When Chengjun Yin and Brother Tang walked in, the waiter came up to greet him, "Do you want to sit in the lobby or in a private room?"

Brother Tang glanced at him, "The lobby is fine."

"Okay!" The waiter put the cloth towel on his shoulders. With a flick, he welcomed them in.

As soon as Brother Tang and Chengjun Yin sat down, they saw several men in brocade clothes walking upstairs, all looking worried.

Brother Tang didn't care at first, but when he saw the shopkeeper put down his abacus, he followed him.

Brother Tang's eyes flashed and he asked: "You waiters are not enough, the shopkeeper has to entertain the guests himself?"

"How is that possible?" The waiter followed his gaze and lowered his voice and said: "That's the shopkeeper. We are talking about something."

Brother Tang suddenly realized and asked innocently: "Is something big happening? Why are their faces so ugly?"

The waiter just said: "How do we young people know about the shopkeeper's affairs? "

Brother Tang didn't ask any more questions, he just looked at Chengjun Yinshi and winked playfully.

Cheng Junyin smiled and put the meat into his bowl, "This dish tastes good, you can try it."

After finishing the meal, the shopkeepers also came down.

They seemed to have reached a conclusion after discussing it. Although the expressions on their faces were heavy, they were not as ugly as before.

Brother Tang watched the shopkeepers scatter in all directions, and all the shopkeepers in sight walked into the shop under Wangfu's name.

He lowered his voice and asked, "Husband, how do you think they will deal with me?"

Before Brother Tang could answer, he saw Chengjun Yin's expression change, and he fell to the ground with nothing left to do.

There was a dull pain in the tailbone, and tears welled up in his painful eyes. He flattened his lips and looked at Chengjunyin pitifully, "Husband..."

Chengjunyin lifted him up and held him in his arms, looking at him with a cold face. Shopkeeper.

The shopkeeper threw aside the chair he pulled out from under Brother Tang, and said with a sullen face, "Don't you know? There is a time limit for eating in the store. If you haven't left after eating for so long, do you still want to spend time here? Want to have sex all night?"

After hearing this, Brother Tang glanced at several shops outside and saw customers walking out of the shops cursing, and some even said they would never come back again.

Brother Tang instantly guessed what trick they were playing and gritted his teeth angrily, "Husband."

He pointed at the shopkeeper and "beat him!"

Chengjun Yin thought Brother Tang would stop him from getting angry, but he didn't even think about it after hearing this. Just thinking about it, I kicked him out.

The shopkeeper wailed and threatened, "You dare to hit me? Do you know whose territory this is?"

Chengjun Yin's voice was slightly cold, "Jin, knock the person unconscious and take him back home."

Jin showed up and arrested the shopkeeper. , Brother Tang said angrily, "Brother Xi, go back to the house and fetch people."

He walked out of the inn angrily, "Husband! They actually came up with such a bad idea as expelling guests to cover up corruption! Do they really think we are fools? ?"

Cheng Junyin was a little angry at first, but when he saw Brother Tang's angry face, he felt cute and his anger disappeared.

"Don't be angry, you don't deserve it when you are so angry."

Brother Tang crossed his hands on his chest, "Husband, you are still smiling!"

Chengjun Yin quickly put the smile on his face away, "Don't laugh."

Brother Xi said with The guards from the palace came over, and Brother Tang led the people to first search out the store's account books, and then forced the store to close.

The shopkeeper was shocked when he saw the palace guards rushing in. When he found out that the guards were going to tie them up, they all started crying and complaining.

But no matter how they cried, they were finally captured and taken to the palace.

In the morning court the next day, Cheng Junyin was attended by the Minister of Works.

"Princess Yongzhen is acting arrogantly and arrogantly! There are already complaints from the people."

An official took the opportunity to say, "Master Cheng is not strict in his internal governance, how can he assume the position of chief minister and assistant?"

"Where did you get the fake news? You are acting arrogantly. It's obviously me, so what does it have to do with my husband?" Cheng Junyin said angrily, "Over the years, the shopkeepers have embezzled millions of taels of gold from the palace. Shouldn't they be arrested? They are all people under my contract, right? The servants of my palace, why can't I, the majestic King Yongzhen, handle a few servants? Why do you, my lords, have more responsibilities than yours?"

The ministers in the imperial court are all pampered, and their tummy has naturally grown.

Now that Chengjun Yin pointed it out in this way, they all took a deep breath, wishing they could shrink their big bellies to avoid Chengjun Yin seeking bad luck!

Yu Shengjue put his fist to his lips, suppressed the smile at the corner of his mouth, and pretended to be serious: "Okay, if you have time to take care of the affairs of Prince Yongzhen's house, you might as well take care of your own children. I heard that the capital has been very lively recently. ."

Many ministers lowered their heads with guilt and did not dare to say a word.

What Yu Shengjue said also happened yesterday.

The reason is that yesterday, several children from aristocratic families headed by He Zhen, the eldest daughter of the Minister of Industry, met a wolf dog with excellent coat when they went out to play. This wolf dog has an owner. He Zhen has a pampered and willful temperament. She doesn't care about this. The wolf dog had an owner and wanted to rob it. Unexpectedly, the owner of the wolf dog was beautiful, but he was also a ruthless person. He knocked down everyone by himself and tied He Zhen and others to a tree.

When the servants found out, several ladies were crying and their makeup was gone.

This matter spread quickly in the capital, and everyone was curious about who the owner of the wolf dog was.

Cheng Junyin looked at his nose and heart, and out of the corner of his eye he caught a glimpse of Yu Wuyang's mouth slightly raised, smiling very proudly, as if he was afraid that others would not know that this ruthless man spread in the capital was related to him.

He nudged Yu Wuyang with his elbow, signaling him to restrain himself.

Yu Wuyang forced down the smile on his lips, and when he raised his head, he met Yu Shengjue's inquiring eyes.

His scalp tightened immediately, and he felt that he had made a mistake.

When he went to court, Yu Shengjue left Chengjun Yin and Yu Wuyang behind. Jin Meng went out and closed the door. Yu Shengjue immediately asked, "Tell me, who is the owner of that wolf dog?"

Chengjun Yin didn't hide it, " It's Brother Tang's sister Jing Yiyun, I mentioned it to you in the letter."

"It's her." Yu Shengjue's expression softened.

If it was Brother Tang's family, it would be nothing.

He suddenly thought of something and asked: "What did you do yesterday? Brother Wu brought Xiao Zhuzi to see you. The people in your palace said that you have been out all day and haven't come back."

Yu Wuyang: "... Let's go out and have some fun."

Yu Shengjue seemed to believe it and asked, "Is that wolf fierce?"

Yu Wuyang responded, "Xiao Zhao is only fierce to outsiders, but he treats me very gently."

Yu Shengjue looked like an old fox. With a smile, Yu Wuyang later realized that he had been lied to.

"Lao Wu came to me last night to complain, saying that he has never been able to find a chance to meet you properly." Yu Shengjue said to Cheng Junyin in a warm voice: "Tonight you have a banquet, let's get together as a family."

Banquets in the palace always have a lot of rules, but a family doesn't need to follow so many rules.

"It just so happens that I also want to meet Brother Tang's family, so that our family can recognize each other."

He had already met Taotie yesterday, and Taotie was not lovable at all.

Chengjun Yin said warmly, "Yes."

Brother Tang became anxious when he learned about this.

"Why is it so sudden? I wasn't well prepared."

Cheng Junyin reassured him, "It's just a family dinner, you don't need to be nervous. They just want to meet their father-in-law and mother-in-law, so as not to recognize people when they meet outside in the future."

Brother Tang Er looked at him and gradually calmed down, "Brother Xi, lock up those shopkeepers. I will deal with these matters tomorrow." It

took him a whole day just to catch those shopkeepers yesterday.

Cheng Junyin did not tell Brother Tang about being impeached by officials in court, because he did not want Brother Tang to have any psychological burden.

Xiong Beimiao and Jing Yi were both dumbfounded after hearing this.

They actually wanted to meet the emperor and have dinner face to face.

Xiong Beimiao's hands and feet were weak, "I, I can't do it! Where can I be?"

Jing Yinyun comforted him, "Have you seen Yu Wuyang? Are you scared when you look at him?"

Xiong Beimiao shook his head.

At that time, they were just slow to treat Yu Wuyang as an ordinary junior.

Jing Yinyun said again, "Then just think of it as meeting Yu Wuyang's family."

Xiong Beimiao was strangely comforted.

It was still dark before Yu Shengjue and Wu Li arrived, and immediately the fifth prince Yu Chengwu ran into the palace excitedly, hugged Chengjun Yin and cried.

Chengjun Yin couldn't push Yu Chengwu away, so he had to let him hold her.

Yu Changyuan walked over slowly and pulled Yu Chengwu away forcefully. "Dad! You scared my second cousin!"

Yu Chengwu scolded while wiping his tears, "You know nothing!"

Chengjun Yin: "..."

It turns out that Yu Changyuan's love for crying is hereditary.