Chapter 41 Buy New Year Goods

Time passed by the fingertips like quicksand, and in a blink of an eye, every house hung up Spring Festival couplets.

Brother Tang stood at the door holding a hand warmer, raising his head and directing Chengjun Yin, "It's crooked, please come over here, husband."

Chengjun Yin moved the couplets aside, but Brother Tang was dissatisfied and said, "You are too much, husband."

Chengjun Yin had no choice but to move back a little, but Brother Tang was still not satisfied.

Cheng Sanzi sighed, "Mom, they've been hanging these Spring Festival couplets for half an hour, right?"

He had never known that Brother Tang could be so difficult to take care of.

Aunt Niu didn't say anything, just looked at Brother Tang thoughtfully.

Taotie grinned from the side, not hiding his gloating.

Another quarter of an hour passed, Brother Tang curled his lips and said reluctantly: "Okay, that's it."

Chengjun Yin breathed a sigh of relief, and his hands were almost so sore that he couldn't lift them up.

He walked up to Brother Tang and asked in a low voice: "Are we going to buy New Year's goods then?"

The amount of sauces required was increasing, and he was so busy every day that he realized that it was Chinese New Year only when he saw people in the village hanging Spring Festival couplets.

Brother Tang didn't know why, but he only realized it after he reminded him.

Now that the Chinese New Year is coming tomorrow, they haven't bought anything or prepared anything.

Brother Tang nodded and glanced at the Spring Festival couplets again, with a look of reluctance in his eyes.

Chengjun Yin hurriedly blocked Brother Tang's gaze and coaxed Brother Tang to get on the bullock cart.

The ox cart slowly walked out, and at the entrance of the village, a donkey cart drove towards us.

Cheng Junyin stared for a while, and then he recognized Mo Er and Xiong Dou on the donkey cart.

He stopped the bullock cart and asked, "Why are you coming back at this time?"

Mo Er and Xiong Dou wanted to earn more money, so they planned to set up a stall today. They usually came back after dark, but now they didn't come back until noon. Pass.

Mo Er's eyes dimmed, "My mother overturned my stall."

Xiong Dou's eyes were red, "I couldn't do it, so I came back." Chengjun

Yin's face darkened, and without saying anything else, the two cars passed by.

Halfway there, he suddenly noticed a few faint sobs coming from the wind. He looked back and saw Brother Tang burying his head and crying quietly.

As if to prevent him from finding out, Brother Tang bit his lips until they were bloodshot and red. Chengjun Yin was heartbroken and hurriedly stopped the cart, took Brother Tang into his arms, and asked anxiously: " What's wrong?

"I feel bad for my sister." Brother Tang couldn't hold back his tears. "It's so difficult for her."

Cheng Junyin relaxed and said calmly. "Don't worry, I will find a way to help them."

It's just the New Year's Eve, and he doesn't want to get in a bad mood because of Mo.

"Okay." Brother Tang wiped away his tears with Chengjun Yin's clothes, pushed him away and urged, "Husband, hurry up and catch the car, or you'll be too late to buy new year's goods."

Chengjun Yin: "..."

Brother Tang's Why do emotions come and go so quickly?

Taotie poked his head out of Brother Tang's arms, slapped Chengjunyin's thigh with his claws, pointed at Niuyi and ordered him, "Hurry up and drive, slowly!"

Chengjunyin raised his eyebrows dangerously, and grabbed Niuyi. Taotie grabbed him and stuffed him into his arms, holding him tightly. He ignored Taotie's dirty curses and drove the cattle cart calmly.

After arriving at the county seat, Brother Tang took Taotie over and put him in his arms. He said in a gentle voice, "Don't come out. If you are seen, you will be taken away."

Taotie was particularly docile when he fell into Brother Tang's arms. , heard the sound and gently rubbed his chest, and used his hands and feet to illustrate Chengjun Yin's abuse of him just now.

Brother Tang frowned, "Husband, it's still a child."

Chengjun Yin: "..." A child that took hundreds of years to become a spirit?

But how could he dare to refute Brother Tang, so he could only admit his mistake in frustration.

When Taotie heard this, he smiled sinisterly and proudly at Cheng Juan, unlike the innocent and pitiful look he had just in front of Brother Tang.

Cheng Junyin's fist made a squeaking sound, thinking about throwing this thing away one day.

After buying New Year's goods, Brother Tang was so tired that he didn't want to leave. When he returned, everyone was disappointed.

Cheng Junyin drove the oxcart very slowly. Although he spread layer after layer of cloth on the cart, he was still afraid of bumping into Brother Tang.

He always wanted to raise Brother Tang more carefully.

Halfway through, Brother Tang looked at the faintly visible blue brick wall in the distance and asked, "Husband, is the workshop almost ready?"

Chengjun Yinying said, "It should be soon."

Brother Tang's eyebrows were filled with tears. Feeling sad, he asked, "Do you still have enough money?"

Because he had to build a workshop, he recently gave most of the money he received to his husband, leaving only some for himself to support his family.

They are now looking at the scenery in the village, but in fact they don't have much money left.

Chengjun Yin said, "That's enough."

He was worried about Chen Nuoping now.

Chen Nuoping only sent a letter back a month ago, telling him that everything was fine, but there was no news this month.

Back at the door, Uncle Niu walked out from next door and asked, "Cheng Er, can you still make tofu today?"

Tofu is cheap and delicious. The only drawback is that Cheng Er sells less.

We only make one plate of tofu a day. If you want to eat it, you have to rush in early to grab it. If you grab it late, you won't be able to buy it.

They also asked Cheng Er to do more, but Cheng Er was really busy and refused to let Brother Tang make tofu.

Chengjun Yin said warmly: "What I made today is not for sale."

Uncle Niu asked doubtfully: "Why not for sale?"

Chengjun Yin only smiled and said nothing.

Brother Tang slowly took out the key and tried to open the door. He was startled when he saw the unlocked door, "Husband!"

Chengjun Yin hurriedly walked over, his face darkening.

He protected Brother Tang behind him and opened the door carefully, "I'll go in first."

The yard was quiet and there were no signs of being turned over, but the doors of the three rooms were all open.

He strode into the side room. The room was in a mess, as if it had been tortured by thieves.

Brother Tang hurriedly walked in, opened the messy mattress, looked at the empty wooden bed, his eyes turned red, "Husband, the money is gone."

When he went out today, he took some money to buy new year's goods, and put away the rest. it's here.

He spent almost all the money he took out, so he relied on the money he had hidden at home to live on.

Cheng Junyin hugged him and comforted him, "It's okay, it's just a few taels of silver."

The thief probably didn't expect that they only had so little money, so he cut up the bedding in anger.

His eyes darkened, it seemed that the thief understood their situation very well.

"Cheng Er, where's the thief!"

Uncle Niu led a group of strong men into the yard aggressively.

He had just seen Cheng Er's yard being pried open, so he hurriedly called for help.

During the Chinese New Year period, thieves are rampant. If a group of people comes, they can't defeat them.

Cheng Junyin pulled Brother Tang out and turned sideways so that everyone could see the 'tragic situation' in the wing, "Run away."

A group of people cursed, and Uncle Niu blamed himself, "It's all my fault. I was obviously at home, but I didn't find anything."

Cheng Junyin looked at the intact chickens and ducks, shook his head and said, "I don't blame you, the other party must have premeditated the crime."

The other party knew that if they caught these chickens and ducks. The movement caused people to notice it, so they let the chickens and ducks go.

Li Zheng squeezed out of the crowd, panting, and with a dark face, he called the villagers to go under the big banyan tree and asked if anyone saw anyone he didn't know in the village today.

Everyone shook their heads, and Li Zheng asked again: "Has anyone seen anything suspicious near Cheng'er's house today?"

Wang Caohan raised his hand, "I saw Cheng Dacai wandering there at noon today."

"Huang Miao " !" Cheng Dacai stood up and retorted, "I'm Cheng Er's brother. I went to find him this morning, and I left when he wasn't there. How could I become a suspicious person?"

Wang Caohan scratched his head, "But you were there? He's been wandering around for a long time. "

He's still sneaking around, looking around, but he sees something is wrong.

Cheng Dacai angrily shouted, "Evidence! Where is the evidence? There is no basis for it. You are slandering!"

Mrs. Liang also jumped up and said, "That's right, if this ruins my son's reputation, can you afford it!"

Wang Caohan wondered. .

He felt that Cheng Dacai was suspicious, but he really had no evidence.

After thinking about it, he stopped talking.

The matter just ended.

Cheng Junyin stood in front of the kitchen, looking at the kitchen that had been swept away, with an ugly expression on his face.

The food doesn't matter, but the vegetable oil is gone.

There is a difference between vegetable oil and meat oil. It would be better if the person who stole the vegetable oil was dull and didn't notice the difference. If he found out, he would definitely be suspicious of where the vegetable oil came from.

To put it another way, even if the person who stole the vegetable oil didn't find out, what if he sold the vegetable oil?

Brother Tang grabbed Chengjunyin's hand uneasily, "Husband, what should I do?"

"It's okay." Chengjunyin patted his hand, looked at Taotie spinning angrily on the ground, and said, "I remember the mountains There are wolves."

There is only one bucket of vegetable oil in the kitchen. If the other party really finds out the clues, the next time they visit will not be here, but the place where vegetable oil is made - the sauce yard.

He makes vegetable oil once a month. He just finished it a few days ago this month. At this time, there is a room of vegetable oil in the woodshed of the sauce yard.

Hao and the others were sensible people. Although they noticed the clues, they kept silent and pretended not to know anything about it.

But people outside the yard have realized that so many beans cannot be used only for making tofu.

Taotie had a meal and looked up at him.

There was a coldness in Cheng Juanyin's eyes, "In the wolf pack, there are always a few that look like dogs, right?"

Taotie rushed out with a roar, and disappeared after a while.

Brother Tang looked at Chengjunyin in confusion, and Chengjunyin explained: "Taotie can drive the wild beasts in the mountains."

It is said to be driving, but in fact it is oppression.

When Taotie was still an egg, he caught a passing wolf and used it as his mount, letting the wolf lead him all over the mountains and plains.

Brother Tang tilted his head.

How did your husband know about this?

Did Taotie tell him?

Cheng Junyin was in a bad mood, but he was always very patient with Brother Tang, "It's cold outside, you go back to the house, I'll clean up here."

Brother Tang nodded, returned to the house and started to clean up the house.

Seeing the torn quilt, he felt distressed and felt tightness in his chest. He didn't care at all and continued to tidy up the room for a while, but he felt that he was so tired that he couldn't breathe.

He had no choice but to sit on a chair and rest, feeling annoyed that he was so well-raised by his husband that he was so exhausted from all the work.

When Cheng Junyin came in, he saw the half-packed house and Brother Tang sitting on the floor with sweat on his forehead.

He knew in his heart that Brother Tang was being obedient to him, and he was angry. When he saw Brother Tang sitting on the chair and resting obediently, the anger in his heart dissipated again.

At any rate, Brother Tang knew not to tire himself out.

He gently scratched Brother Tang's nose, cleaned up the rest, and went to the woodshed again.