Chapter 1

~~Edited~~

Vanessa's POV

It's been almost 3 months since Laura left for her tour, I really miss her even though we talk to each other everyday. Riley really misses her, they have a special bond, she's like Riley's big sister. She's coming back soon and I can't wait, but I don't know the exact day she's actually coming back.

I get worried about her easily because before, she was depressed. It broke my heart when I heard she was depressed. Laura's the only member of my family that's alive.

I'm currently at the park with Riley because she wanted to go and play. She's such an amazing girl. I love her so much, she reminds me of Riker everyday.

"Mommy mommy!! Wook! (look)" Riley hands me flowers that she picked from the bushes in the park.

"Thanks baby girl they're lovely." I say as I took the flowers that she handed to me.

"Mommy can we go get ice cweam (cream)? Pweasee?" She says giving me her best puppy dog eyes.

"ok let's go." I grab my phone then I hold her hand. "Yay!" She says while jumping up and down. I smile and we start to walk.

We went to the ice cream store and now we're heading back home. The park isn't really that far from our house, so we decided to walk.

While we were walking home, I saw that there were two cars parked in the Lynch's driveway. A few people with blonde and brunette hair coming and taking things out of the cars.

I thought it was the Lynchs', but I was just crazy. Someone probably bought the house. I quickly picked up Riley and basically speed walked to my house which was across the street from theirs.

When I got in front of my house I was trying to walk to the door really quickly, but someone had to interrupt me. It was a delivery guy. It's probably one of Laura's packages that she always sends home because she has no room in her luggage because her fans give her a lot of gifts. You should see our basement it's full of boxes from Laura's fans.

"Um excuse me! Ms.?" The delivery guys asks. I turn to him. "Yes? Can I help you?" I said still holding Riley on my side.

"Are you Vanessa Marano?" He says practically yelling my name. I noticed the people across the street stopped what they were doing when the guy said Marano and were looking at us when the guy said that I swear I think I saw Riker!

No way that can be him!

"Yes" I say still holding Riley. "I have a package for you from Laura Marano" He says while taking a box from the big car and putting it on a carrier. I was wondering why he had a carrier.

"Ok let me open the door" I say going to the house to unlock the door and putting Riley down. I told her to play with her toys in the living room.

The guy brought like the boxes in the house I was wondering why he had a carrier I thought it was only one box.... Boy, was I wrong! Riley comes out running to me and she was really happy.

"Mommy mommy!" She says while running to me, yelling in excitement.

"Yes sweetie?" I say while I signing the paper. "Are the boxes fwom (from) auntie Wauwa (auntie Laura)?" She says while jumping up and down. "yes" I answer her smiling.

I notice the people across the street, now with open mouths and I turn to pick up Riley and I was starting to walk towards the door. But I was stopped when someone called my name.

"Vanessa! Riley!" The stranger says how does he know Riley? I turn and see the person who said that... It was Riker!

Riker's POV

My siblings, Ratliff, and I were getting our stuff out of the car and then someone yells 'excuse me' so we all turn our head because we thought the guy was talking to us, but he was talking to this lady across the street with a little girl.

They looked familiar. My siblings looked at the same direction and they had the same reaction as me. When the guy asked if she was Vanessa Marano and she said yes I knew it was Vanessa. I missed her so much.

Once the guy left, she was picking up Riley and about to walk to the door until I yell her name. My siblings still dumbfounded because they couldn't believe it.

"Vanessa! Riley" I say yelling at the top of my lungs. She then turns around. I cross the street and walk over to her and she just looked at me shocked.

I went up to her, my siblings and Ratliff followed behind me. They were so happy to see her. She then put Riley down and started hugging us. First, Rydel, Rocky, Ratliff, Ross, Ryland, then me. She hesitated at first to hug me, but she eventually did.

"Who's this cutie?" Vanessa says while looking at Roxy. "That's Roxy she's mine and Ellington's daughter." Rydel says while petting Roxy's hair. Ratliff just smiles looking at Roxy

Oh, I forgot to mention, Ratliff and Rydel have a daughter named Roxy. Boy, was I mad when I found out they were dating, but after I found out that they were having a baby I was upset at first, and remembered Riley I really missed her those three years I was gone.

"Wow! She's adorable how old is she?" Vanessa smiles at Roxy while holding Riley's hand. "She's two" Ratliff answers with a smile on his face.

I look at Vanessa she looks at me but, then turns away. I really need to talk to her I can tell she's upset.

"Mommy who awe (are) they?" Riley asks looking at Vanessa. "Well sweetie." The mother of my daughter says while picking up Riley.

"This is your auntie Rydel, uncles Ratliff, Rocky, Ryland, and Ross." She says while pointing to each one of them. "And that's your cousin Roxy" she says while looking at Roxy.

"Ok, who's that?" My daughter points to me. My expression just went from happy to sad. I can't blame her though, I did leave for 9 months which turned to 3 years.

"I'm your daddy sweetie" I say smiling at her. Her face turned from confused to shock them happy. I was smiling ear to ear. "Weally?! (Really) I have a daddy?" She says happily. I nod.

"Ok it's getting late and I have to make dinner... Riley and I should go to the house so..." She says not looking at us. "Why mommy? Can't daddy, auntie, the uncles, and Woxy (Roxy) have dinner with us?"

"Hmm. I don't know sweetie, I think they're busy.." She trailed off. "Mommy pwease pwease?" She says giving nessa her puppy dog eyes. Vanessa tried hard to resist but, Riley did a little whimper.

"Okay okay they can join us" She says finally gave in. Everyone cheered and we were heading to their house.

"Riley why don't you and Roxy play with your toys?" Vanessa puts Riley down. "ok mommy! C'mon Woxy (Roxy)!" She says while grabbing Roxy's hand and running to the living room.

"Rydel would you help me with dinner? And can you guys put the boxes in the basement?" We nod. "The basement is right through that door." She points to the door thats next to the stairs. We start to carry the boxes towards the basement.

"I'd love to help you make dinner, Nessa." My sister says smiling. We were in the living room watching Roxy and Riley play.

Vanessa and Rydel called us to the table and we ate. We then went to our house, we finished unpacking then after we finished, we slept. I promised Riley that we would come back tomorrow.