Chapter 42

Please read the authors note at the end. I have an important question for the next chapter.
_______________________

Laura's POV

Vanessa and I go to the front desk and ask for Mr. Cal-boon (if you don't remember go back to the precious chapter) the guy asks us if he could help us and we ask for the manager. I texted Rydel earlier telling her to go to the party room with the rest and pick the food, decoration, and music out for tomorrow.

Mr. Cal-boon comes and he greets us with a welcoming smile. We smile back at him.

Mr. Cal-boon: hello Laura, Vanessa

Laura: good evening mr. Cal-boon

Mr: Cal-boon: please, call me Tom (we nod)

Vanessa: wait, your Tom Cal-boon?

Tom: yes

Vanessa: oh my gosh! I remember you! You used to come over during the holidays with aunt Ann and Brian!

Tom: yes, that was us. (He smiles big and Vanessa hugs him)

Vanessa: I didn't know you owned this hotel

Tom: I do, I own some other hotels in New York and California. Let's go to my office so we can talk. (We nod and follow him)

Vanessa's POV

I remember Mr. Cal-boon. He used to come over our house with his wife and son when we Laura and I were little. Uncle Tom and aunt Ann were the best. They were the most sweetest people I've ever met. We follow Uncle Tom to his office. It was a big room. When we entered, I saw pictures of him, aunt Ann, and Brian. There was also a picture of him and my dad with big smiles on their faces. I miss my parents.

We sit on the chair in front of his desk and he takes a seat on his office chair.

Tom: so girls, how have you been?

Laura: we're good

Vanessa: how's aunt Ann and Brian?

Laura: who's aunt Ann and Brian?

Tom: Ann is my wife and Brian is my son. Here (he hands Laura a picture)

I take a look at the picture and it was my parents, Uncle Tom, aunt Ann, Brian, Laura, and I. We were smiling real big in front of the Christmas tree. Laura looked about 4 and I was 7.

Laura: I remember this day. It was the day mom and dad said that they were taking all of us to family vacation with you guys.

Tom: that's right

Laura: is that you and my dad? (She points at the picture of them in the background.)

Tom: yes, that was us on a business trip and he told me that your mother and him were expecting another baby. Which was you. (He turns and looks at the picture and smiles)

Laura: really?

Tom: yea that was a good day. (He smiles remembering him)

Vanessa: Uncle Tom, how's aunt Ann and Brian?

Tom: they're good, Brian has twin girls, Sarah and Sydney.

Laura: wow

Tom: so anything new with you guys?

Laura: I'm not a vacation for right now with my boyfriend's family and Vanessa.

Tom: what about you Vanessa?

Vanessa: I'm engaged, I have a three year old daughter and a baby on the way. (I say rubbing my stomach)