Chapter 57

Ross's POV

Today's the third day that Laura's been in her coma. You don't know how much I miss her. I miss everything that she'd do and the things she's say. Ryland had brought me breakfast and right now, we're talking.

Ryland: I told what had happened about Laura, they said they'd give you a few more weeks.

Ross: thanks, Ry

Ryland: I miss Laura.

Ross: so do I Ryland, so do I (I sigh)

Ryland's phone rings. He takes it out of his pocket and looks at it.

Ryland: I have to take this. (I nod and he leaves the room)

I look at Laura. I move a lock of hair out her face and I caress her cheek. When I caressed her cheek, I felt her hand moved. I know because I was holding it.

Ross: baby? (She groans)

Laura's responding for the first time since she's been in her coma! Laura's eyes flutter. I smile big knowing that, my baby is waking up.

Ross: Laur, wake up for me. (I plead)

When Laura opens her eyes, she blinks them a few times before looking at the room and smiling at me.

Ross: baby (I kiss her softly, not wanting to hurt her. She kisses back)

Ross: I've missed you. (I smile looking at her. I peck her lips)

Laura: missed me? How long have I been asleep?

Ross: two days

Laura: really?! (I nod)

Ross: how are you feeling? Do you want anything? Food, water? (She places her hand on my hand telling me to calm down)

Laura: Rossy, calm down. Some water would be nice (she smiles at me gently and I nod)

Ross: I've missed your smile (I peck her lips and I get her the water)

I hand it to her and she drinks it. Once she was done, she puts it on the bedside table.

Laura's POV

It's good to be awake again. It felt like I've been sleeping for a few hours. Ross is so caring. My leg is killing me, it hurts so much.

Laura: Rossy? (I turn to him. He was sitting on the chair next to my bed.)

Ross: yes, love? (I smile at the nickname)

Laura: can I get some pain killers? My leg is killing me.

Ross: of course, I'm going to call the nurse. (When Ross gets up, Ryland comes in the room. When he sees me he has a big smile)

Ryland: Laur-Laur! (He runs to my bed and gives me a side hug. Ross smiles)

Ross: Ryland can you call the nurse? Tell them Laura needs pain killers for her leg. (Ryland nods and leaves to go get the nurses)

Soon, Ryland comes back with a nurse.

Nurse: ah, ms. Marano good to see you're awake and well. (I nod)