Chapter 40

~~Edited~~

Laura's POV

After the talk Ross and I had, I went to the living room where the girls were. They looked uncomfortable so I laid them down on their backs on the couch. They look so cute. I was about to fix the blanket, when I got a text. I took my phone out, hoping the text wasn't from the people who kept sending me those threats. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw it was only Rydel.

~~Text Convo~~

R: hey Laur, I just want to know if Roxy is being good.

L: yea she was being good.

R: was?

I laugh at Rydel. I love how she's so caring about Roxy.

L: don't worry I said 'was'
because this......

I took a picture of Riley and Roxy sleeping on the couch and sent it to her.

R: Awwww and I though she was being bad.

L: she wasn't being bad. Now stop
worrying and enjoy your date
night with Ellington.

R: alright thanks, Laur you're the best. I love you.

L: your welcome, love you too Dells.

~~End of phone convo~~

I really thought it was the person who was sending me those threats. A few days ago, I got a text that said if I ever went to the police and report the threats, they'd hurt my family. I can't risk my family getting hurt especially Riley and Roxy. They're still little, who knows what'd happen to them.

~•~•~•~•~•~

Right now it's ten pm, Ross and I are in the living room snuggling watching a movie. We moved the girls to our bed since they were still sleeping. We're watching 50 first dates, it's so funny.

Ross has his arm around me holding me tightly while I lay my head on his chest. We have a blanket on since I wanted the room to be cool. I like my hotel rooms cold.

As I was dozing off, there was a knock on the door. "That's probably Delly and Ell."

"I'll get it." Ross says, I nod moving off of him so he can get up. He scoots off the couch and walks to the door.

Ross's POV

Laura and I were watching 50 first dates it's the most funniest movie I've ever seen. There was a knock on the door, I told Laura I was going to answer it. When I opened the door, it was Rydel and Ratliff.

"Hey guys." I say as I opened the door.

"Hey Ross." Ellington and I do our handshake and Rydel's walks in hugging Laura.

"Where's Roxy?" Ellington asks walking in. "She's sleeping." We walk in the living room.

"Was she good?" Rydel asks.

"Yes, she was really good." I answered Laura nods agreeing.

"How was date night by the way?" Laura asks.

"It was really nice." Ellington answers.

"It's nice to get out for a while." Rydel says.

"I'll go get Roxy." Laura says, they nod and Laura leaves to get Roxy.

"Where'd you guys go for your date night?" I ask.

"We went to a fancy restaurant and after, we went on a boat ride." Ellington informs me on their night out in Florida.