Chapter 52

~~one month later~~

Ross's POV

Laura and I have been watching Riley for almost a month. Laura is really good with kids. That girl can make a kid do anything! Laura made Riley clean up her toys. When I told her to, she didn't listen. Riley was being good, other than not listening to me when I tell her to clean up. Vanessa and Riker will be back in a day, we're going to go with them to their next doctors appointment. Laura and Rydel are going to find out the gender and they're going to be planning the party.

I forgot to mention that my parents want to stay for Vanessa's baby shower, but they can't be gone for another month. Laura talked to Vanessa and they're having the party in a few days after Vanessa and Riker get back.

Right now, Riley and I are making breakfast in bed for Laura. She hasn't been feeling good lately so I thought she'd feel better. Probably from all the stress of the wedding planning and coming up with new music for her new album. Riley and I are making her muffins with fresh fruits just how she likes it.

Riley: uncwle Woss (uncle Ross)!

Ross: yeah Riles? (I say cutting up the fruits)

Riley: the fwood (food) is done wook (look) (she points to the oven.)

Ross: ok (she goes to the backyard with Sophie)

I look and take some oven mitts so I wouldn't get burned. I take out the muffins and put them on the counter. Riley then comes back from the backyard.

Riley: uncwle Woss wook (uncle Ross look) what I got! (She shows me a flower she got from the garden)

Ross: that's pretty

Riley: it's for auntie Wauwa (Laura) (I smile)

I get a small vase for the flower. I put it in front of Riley, so she could put the flower inside. She puts the flower inside and smiles. I carry her so she's sitting on one of the kitchen stools. I put a plate in front of her. I took some of the muffins out of pan.

Ross: sweetie, can you put some muffins on the plate? (She nods and puts two muffins. After, I put some eggs and fruits on the plate)

Riley: it wooks (looks) yummy. (I chuckle)

Ross: I'll make you plate hold on. (She nods)

It was still pretty early. It's alsmot 7 am, Laura won't be awake until 8 or something. She was up late looking for decorations for Vanessa's baby shower. I wanted to help her, but she insisted on doing it. She was up all night with Rydel talking about what they should do for the party.

I make a plate for Riley and I. After, I gave Riley her food and I ate with her. After we were done eating, it was almost 8 so Riley and I took the food for Laura.

Ross: Riley let's go bring the food to aunt Laura (she smiles and nods)

Riley: can you cawwy (carry) me? (I nod and carry her)

I hold the tray on one side and Riley holds the other since she wanted to hold it.

We walked upstairs and when we entered, Laura was barely waking up. She was stretching.

Ross: morning baby (I smile)

Riley: morwing auntie Wauwa (morning auntie Laura)

Laura sits up and rubs her eyes. When she sees us she smiles at us, she yawns.

Laura: morning guys (she says while stretching her arms)

Ross: we brought you breakfast. (I put the tray of food on the bed. And I sit down next to Laura, putting Riley on my lap)