Chapter 6

~~Edited~~

Previously on A Love Story:

"You're really close to Riley huh?" I've seen how they are when they're together. They look like their mother and daughter.

"Yeah, I love her like my own daughter even Roxy! even though I just met her!" I smile, "that's sweet Laur! I know I can tell you and Riley have special bond."

"Yeah, we really do if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be here right...." She stops and realizing what she's saying. "What do you mean you wouldn't be here right now?!"

"Oh, it's nothing..." she trails off. "Laura what happened tell me. I'm your best friend you can tell me anything."

"Did you see this outfit?" She holds up an outfit. She tried to change the subject. "Laur, don't change the subject"

"ok......"

Now on A Love Story:

Laura's POV

"ok.......well when you guys didn't come back from the nine months and you guys stopped answering our texts and calls, I became depressed." I was shocked. "really?"She nods and continues.

"Ok so I became depressed. I wouldn't leave my room and I wouldn't eat. I used to cut." She shows me her almost faded scars. "Oh my gosh Laur! I'm sorry I didn't know!"

"It's ok. So I didn't leave my room for like 2 months. Vanessa would try to drag me out, but I wouldn't. She would bring me food, but I would only eat like two or three bites."

"Really?" She nods. "Mhm, so one day Vanessa had to go to work and the babysitter was sick so I was forced to watch Riley. Riley had to go to the doctors because she had an appointment. That was the first time I went out of my room. So when we got there, her doctor had a sister which is also my doctor."

~~Flashback~~

Riley and I enter the doctor's office and sat down waiting for the assistant to call us.

"Riley Lynch?" The assistant calls. We stood up and go to the check up room.

"Laura! Riley! Nice to see you again!" Doctor Jones greets us. "Hi doctor Jones, nice to see you again." I say with a smile. She was a family friend.

"hey guys!" I turn around to see Dr. Jones's sister Dr. Gomez... Shit!!! She's gonna ask why I missed all my appointments. Damn it, I'm screwed!

"Laura! Why haven't came to your appointments?" Dr. Gomez asks, time to make up a lie. "I haven't got any time"

"Well, I can give you a check up while Riley gets one too!" No! No thank you. "I don't know" I say unsure.

"Pwease auntie Wauwa? (Laura) I won't be scared of them if you do it." I sigh and give in. I nod, "ok I'll do it."

The doctors checked both of us and Riley got a shot so did I. After we were done Dr. Gomez wanted to talk to me. So I let Riley go play on the little play area with toys.

"Laura, I want you to go to my friend her name is Suzy she's a therapist." I was a bit offended. Why would I need a therapist? 

"Why?" I ask with attitude. "because I know you're depressed and you need to get better if you ever want to see Riley or Vanessa because depression can lead to bad things and I don't want to see that happen to you. You're the only one that Vanessa has left imagine what would happen if she lost you and think of Riley." Well shit, she knows me too well.