Chapter 53

Laura's POV

Today is the day that Vanessa and Riker are back from their honeymoon. Also, Ross and I are going with them to their appointment so I can find out the gender of the baby. The decorations came this morning. I was so happy. I haven't bothered Ross about not believing Riley and I. I don't want to fight. We've been good no fighting or arguing and I don't want to ruin that.

I'm downstairs in the kitchen making our lunch. Ross and Riley are outside playing. I was with them earlier, but I came inside to make us food. Plus, Vanessa and Riker are coming today to take Ross and I to their doctors appointment for their baby. They got back late last night and I was pretty tired to drop Riley off yesterday.

I was finishing up the sandwiches when the doorbell rung. I smile because I know it Vanessa and Riker. I quickly leave the kitchen and go to the foyer to open the door. I unlock the door and I see Vanessa and Riker with big smiles on their face.

Laura: guys! I missed you! (I hug them)

Vanessa and Riker: we missed you to Laur! (They hug me tight)

We pull away from the hug and I see Vanessa's baby bump got bigger.

Laura: oh my god! Look at your stomach!

Vanessa: I know (she rubs her stomach)

Laura: well come in, I made lunch. Ross and Riley are outside playing. (We walk to the kitchen)

Riker: can you call Riley? I missed her

Laura: of course! (They sit down and I go to the backyard)

I see Ross and Riley playing fetch with Sophie. They looked so cute. I walk to them, Ross sees me and smiles.

Ross: hey baby (he pecks my lips)

Laura: hey (I smile at him)

I pick Riley up, Ross puts his arm around me and kisses my temple. I smile.

Laura: sweetie, some people want to see you. They've missed you.

Riley: who? (I smile and Ross mouths 'Vanessa and Riker', I nod.)

Ross: you'll see

Laura: let's go. They can't wait to see you. (She nods)

Ross and I walk back to the house. When I put Riley down she ran in the kitchen to see who the 'people' were. Ross intertwines our fingers and we walk in the kitchen to see Riley hugging Riker and Vanessa. I smile at my sister being so happy with her family. Ross pulls me close to him and wraps one of his arm around me waist, I lay my head on his shoulder.

~•~•~•~•~•~

Ross's POV

We're on our way to Vanessa and Riker's appointment to the doctors for their baby. Laura is going to find out the gender because I want to be surprised like the rest.

We arrive at the clinic. Riker signs Vanessa in while we wait until they call Vanessa's name. I'm going to be staying here with Riley while Riker, Vanessa, and Laura go in to check on the baby.

They call Vanessa's name. Riker helps her up and they go to one of the rooms with Laura behind them.

~•~•~•~•~•~

They just came out of the checkup room and Laura has an envelope on her hands with a big smile on her face. I can tell she's really excited. They go up to Riley and I.