Chapter 56

Ross's POV

It's been the second day since Laura's been in a coma. I haven't had a blink of sleep since she I found out she was in a coma. I've been next to her holding her hand. The doctors or nurses come and go through out the day to check on her vitals. My family including Vanessa and Ratliff have come to see if she's doing any better. They left her gifts like flowers, balloons, and stuffed animals from Roxy and Riley. Someone opens the door, I turned around to see it was Rydel. She walks up to me.

Rydel: Ross, you need to get some sleep.

Ross: no, Rydel. What if she wakes up while I'm asleep? I want to be the first one she sees when she wakes up. (I say looking at my fiancé and I hold her hand.)

Rydel: Ross.....if you won't sleep, then eat something please. We're all worried about you. You haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon.

Ross: Rydel (I say sternly.)

Rydel: please? Even just a little bit? For your sister, who you love so much (she pouts and I give in)

Ross: fine. I'll go get food from the cafeteria. (I sigh)

Rydel: the food you get, better make you full or I'm making you get another.

Ross: fine, but if Laura wakes up or something happens call me right away. (She puts her hand on my shoulder and gives me a sympathetic smile)

Rydel: don't worry. You'll be the first one to know. (I nod, I take my phone and leave the room looking at Laura one more time)

Rydel's POV

Ever since we found out yesterday that Laura was in a coma, no one has ever been the same. We've all been sad and worried. Laura is like the ray of sunshine that makes everything brighter and better. Without her, we're all sad and mopey. We're worried for both Ross and Laura. Ross hasn't eaten or slept since yesterday ever since he found out that Laura went to a coma. It's a miracle that I convinced him to go to the cafeteria to get food.

I sit down on the chair where Ross was sitting earlier and looked at Laura. Tears started coming out of my eyes. Seeing Laura like this hurts me inside. She's like a little sister to me. I can't believe this happened to her. Laura is an amazing person she doesn't deserve this.

Rydel: Laur, please wake up for us. Especially for Ross. He hasn't been sleeping or eating he's worried about you Laura. So are we please wake up for us. We all miss you. (All the tears poured out of my eyes and I sobbed)

Laura's POV

I heard Rydel's sobs. She was asking me to wake up. I try, I try so hard to wake up. I tried earlier today too, but it didn't work darkness keeps consuming me and I go back to sleep. Rydel said that Ross hasn't been eating or sleeping. Oh Ross, I miss him. I miss them. I haven't seen them in a few days except Ross. I saw him yesterday before I blacked out from Chase hitting me on the head.

I can hear all the people that come in the room. I know Ross has been here because he always talks to me. His siblings and Vanessa come at different times to see if I woke up or to see how I was doing. Hearing them all sad and hearing them crying is the worst thing. I wish I can tell them I'm ok, but no matter how hard I try to open my eyes, I can't. I try to move to give them at least a sign to tell them I'm ok, but nothing works.