04 Torment

A shiver ran down Yuna's spine. She looked at her father, which hung semi-conscious on the wall. His shirt was completely bled, and a pool gathered at his feet.

The high school student forced her gaze back at the monster. "You can't possibly be serious about this."

"I know. I tell so many, so good jokes, that it gets hard to take me serious." Again Tirr cackled his sick laugh. "Honestly. Kill your father, or you will all die."

Tirr grabbed one of the two armchairs, lifted it effortlessly up and carried it into the center of the living room, where he put it down so that he could see both Yuna and her father. Leisurely, he allowed himself to sink back into it, then he crossed his legs above the ankles and folded his fingers behind his head.

"Comfortable furniture you have here. Maybe I'll keep the armchair."

Yuna stared tense ahead of her.

"Come on. Get started, or at least bring me a Coke."

The girl stood up from the sofa, her hands kneading, then she turned around and moved uncertainly towards the kitchen.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!", asked Tirr irritated.

Yuna stopped. "I'll get you a Coke."

Puzzled, Tirr stared at the back of the terrified girl. Then he burst out laughing. With his fists he patted his thigh and laughed as if he just had lost his mind.

"Hi hi hi ... phenomenal! I'm going to drop dead! Wahaha." He shook from laughter. In fact, tears welled in his eyes. He snorted further and had to hold his stomach. "Girl! You're so fucking funny! Hahaha."

Worried, the creatures looked at their master. They exchanged glances with each other and cooed.

"All right then. Please, bring me a Coke."

Yuna nodded, then disappeared into the kitchen.

Tirr held his head and continued to laugh. "I love this brat."

In the kitchen, Yuna opened the refrigerator to take out a can of Coke. She looked at the can carefully. Should she serve it in a glass?

She slowly approached the cupboard, opened it and pulled out a glass.

"Ice ..."

She opened the fridge again to get ice cubes out of the freezer. She carefully broke the ice cubes from the mold and gave them into the glass. With a hiss, she opened the can, then she filled the glass with cola. She swallowed hard.

"I'm thirst~y ...", it sounded from the living room.

Rushed, Yuna looked around. What should she do? Poison him? With what? Seeking help, her gaze twitched around the kitchen. The knife block? Not even the Katana could harm him ...

Resigned, she carried the glass back into the living room. Tirr looked expectantly at her.

"Here you go." Yuna handed him the glass.

"Even with ice. How thoughtful." He took the glass and drank it in one gulp, including the ice cubes. With a crunching noise, he crushed them between his teeth. He let the glass carelessly fall to the ground. "That was refreshing."

The girl nodded uncertainly and played with her fingers. Frightened, she avoided his gaze.

Tirr raised an eyebrow. After some hesitation, he pointed to her father. "Come on. Enough time flayed."

"Please ..."

"No! Don't try my patience."

The blue-haired looked over to her father.

"Here." The monster handed her Kensuke's Revolver. The girl viewed the revolver. She didn't even know that her father had such a weapon. The sword indeed, but no gun. "Don't fall asleep."

Yuna grabbed the revolver. For a moment she wondered if she should point the gun at Tirr. She looked into his red eyes. With a steady gaze he stared back at her. A self-confident grin lay on his lips. He seemed to know exactly what she was thinking.

She let her shoulders hang and forced herself over to her father at the wall. Worried, she looked at the sword that stuck out of his shoulder. His chest rose and fell slowly.

She sniffled and swallowed hard. "Father ..."

Slowly, he opened his eyes. "It's alright ... Yuna."

"No."

"If you can save the others ... this way ... it's fine."

Silent tears slid down her cheeks. "I can't do this."

"You can. I'm dying here ... either way ... don't let it be ... in vain."

His dark eyes winced, probably because of the torment he had to bear. Nevertheless, he tried to smile encouragingly.

"Father ..."

"Do it, Yuna."

Tirr yawned ostentatiously loud and stretched out in the armchair. "Shoot the dog already."

Yuna began to sob loudly. She was trembling all over. "I love you, father."

"I love you too ... my dear child."

"And I would love it, if you finally would put a hole in his fucking skull!"

The blue-haired lifted the revolver. She pointed the barrel to the forehead of her father. He nodded and closed his eyes. She was shaking so hard that she was sure, she would miss him. With her eyes closed, she slowly pulled the trigger.

The firing pin tensed. The chamber of the revolver turned.