121 Revenge

The huntress needed a while, but finally she discovered the access to the dungeon. To her displeasure, it was designed to be a haunted house, as a signpost told her. Just what she needed. At least most of the attractions were probably defective and irrelevant. And after she was finished with the main act, she could go home.

Her stomach growled. Then she would stuff herself with as many sweets as possible. And bathe. For hours. And after that, she would make out with Wataru. Until her lips ached.

She would celebrate and hold a party with her friends. And then she would visit Yui and bring her the good news. Her sister would surely wake up from her stupor and they could have a normal life together. Then finally everything would be good. At least as good as it would still be possible.

She only had to kill Tirr.

The blue-haired carefully climbed down the stairs into the dungeon. Over-sized large spiders hung on the walls in also huge spider webs. She didn't look at the things. Her sharpened senses absorbed all the information they could find.

Here, too, the soil was overflowed with mortal remains. She couldn't determine if some of it was part of the haunted house, and frankly she didn't care.

She went through a passage lined with various grotesque figures. How appropriate that there were pictures of demons and monsters. Soon, one less would be here. Yuna had to grin at the thought.

A sign warned the visitors that they should beware of the monster in the prison. How ironic that this warning was actually to be taken seriously. But not for long. She'd take care of that.

She followed the path to the prison, past armed skeletons, frightening zombies, and a powerful vampire who seemed to be in control of the undead. The huntress wondered if she would ever get involved with one of these creatures.

Wait... why should she? If this was over, she would put the sword down.

She would be a normal high-school girl. She would draw and collect mangas again. She would fool around with her friends and she would enjoy her first love to the fullest. That was what she wanted. That was what Yoshiro had wished for her. Like this, she would honor his memory. She just hoped that she could do it.

"GYAH!"

The girl was completely distracted by her thoughts, so that she hadn't even noticed that she entered a large chamber. It was only the cry that had dragged her back into reality. She noticed the attacker coming from above and could just drop back a little before his sword hit her. The blade smashed into the ground and sprung up again. An Oni with mighty wings crouched in front of her.

"Xi," Yuna noticed.

He looked at her. "You shall not pass!"

The huntress had to laugh at these words. "Oh my God. Do you think you're Gandalf?"

Irritated, the winged straightened up and stared at her. "What?"

Grinning, she shook her head. "It's okay. Get out of my way, you idiot."

"Never!" the Oni growled angrily. "I will not let you go to Brother Tirr!"

She snorted contemptuously. "Stop me, if you can."

"I will."