60 The lost mentor

The next few days, Yuna was hanging around in the pension. Slowly she became restless, partly because of Yoshiro's absence, as well as her inactivity. At least her wounds healed up pleasantly fast. The stitches on her stomach were almost completely closed and her face was recovering from day to day. It was good that she had opened up to her roommates and filled them in on her secret, because otherwise she would have to deal with very tough questions.

And then there was this constant hunger that tormented her for days. Meanwhile, she had ventured to eat some soup and so far she was still feeling well.

On Wednesday afternoon, it finally happened. Yuna sat with Ayumi, who treated another hangover with coffee and aspirin, in the living room watching TV. The job as a hostess obviously gnawed at her, judging from how often she came home drunk.

Some stupid game show ran, but somehow they had to kill time. Wataru had become quite rare in the recent days. He was always rehearsing with the band or at work. Possibly, they could give a concert soon. Yuna hadn't asked about it so far. The huntress was glad that the redhead had no desire to talk. Sometimes Yuna got irritated by the woman's talkative nature.

They heard how the front door closed and expected their roommate. Delighted, Yuna jumped up, when she noticed her "uncle" in the living room entrance.

"Yoshiro!"

"Hey Yuna."

Ayumi groaned and focused on the TV. The blue-haired rushed over to her mentor.

"How do you look?", asked Yoshiro while he examined Yuna. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Really?" He reached for the hem of Yuna's sweatshirt and lifted it. "You call that okay? What happened?"

"You know that this falls under sexual harassment, right?"

The hand of the Oni flinched. "Sorry."

Grinning, she continued: "Did you get the other Oni?"

"Shh. Not in front of her!"

"She knows about it."

Ayumi shouted from the sofa: "Exactly."

Yoshiro's eyes widened. "I beg your pardon?"

"I told them."

"WHAT?! Are you crazy?!", he blurted out.

"A lot has happened."

His eyes narrowed down. "I was only away for a week. What in the Gods name could have happened?"

"A lot. I should deliver a message from Tirr to you."

The face of the Oni hardened. "Where did you get this message from?"

"I met him."

"Where?"

"In the old amusement park."

Yoshiro looked not happy at all. "What were you doing there?"

The cold, dismissive attitude of her mentor angered Yuna. What the hell was his problem? He was the one who had left her behind alone in this pension, after she had been injured so badly, and now she was the one who did mess up?

"He almost killed me!", she hissed.

"Why were you there?"

"I saw the spot on your map."

"My ..." He glanced over to Ayumi. "My base was locked down."

"I broke in."