54 Unwelcome

Yuna rushed into the kitchen, where she opened the refrigerator. She picked as much food as she could, carried it over to the table and then sat down. First, she munched a candy bar. As soon as she swallowed it, she stuffed pickled vegetables in her mouth. Her stomach ached.

"Come on. I need to eat.", she whispered to herself.

The kitchen door opened. Ayumi stared at the girl for a moment, then she slowly walked in. "Should I cook something for you?", she asked hesitantly.

"It's okay. Don't bother."

The elder looked at the blue-haired. "Is that ... your blood?"

Yuna nodded as she nibbled on a pastry.

"What happened?"

"I can't tell you that."

"You can't or you don't want to?"

"Both. Don't worry. I'm fine."

The redhead snorted. "You're a strange girl."

The huntress shrugged, opened a can of tea and drank. After that, she continued to eat her pastry.

Ayumi coughed. "I don't know what you're doing, but I don't like it."

Yuna swallowed. "Me neither."

"Then stop it."

"I can't do that. Not yet."

"I'm going to bed now, but we are going to talk about this. Good night, Yuna-chan."

"Okay. Sleep well."

That did not seem to be the words Ayumi wanted to hear, but she said nothing and left the kitchen.

"Can't these guys mind their own business? Maybe I really should move back in with Yoshiro. Humans are strange."

Humans are strange? Yuna stopped chewing. What a weird phrase. Wasn't she human herself? Was she still transforming? More and more?

From outside the kitchen door she heard a heated discussion. Shortly after, Wataru stepped through the door.

"What the hell were you thinking?", he shouted, but as soon as he saw Yuna he stopped. "Damn ... are you okay?"

"I've never felt better."

"What happened? Where have you been?"

"Don't get on my nerves."

Wataru's face turned red. "You're such a fucking egoist. What the hell is wrong with you?"

Yuna gave him a withering gaze. "Fuck off, Wataru-san."

"Or what? Are you going to beat me up? Is that your solution for all your problems?"

The huntress struck her left, clenched fist on the table. "YES, DAMN IT!"

They stared at each other angrily. Wataru repudiated his hands. "You know what? I have committed myself constantly to you, but lately I don't feel like it anymore."

"Good. Fine. I don't need you."

The musician looked hurt at the blue-haired.

"I don't need anyone. I can take good care of myself."

"I can see that. Do what you want."

"I will. I don't need your permission."

Wataru turned and left the kitchen.

"What a wimp."

The appetite had passed her. She stashed the remains back in the fridge, grabbed a bag of chips and went to her room. As she climbed the stairs, she heard her two roommates discuss violently.

"This goes beyond our competence.", blocked Wataru.

"Oh, come on. We should take care of her, but if she does God knows what, we can't do a damn thing about it."

"We don't have all the facts, okay?"

"Facts? What facts, please? She is a Yakuza. Her shitty uncle has threatened us into looking after her and now we're stuck with her. Do you think he will like it, if he gets wind of this?"

"Of course not. Damn, I don't know what to do myself."

"We have to get rid of her. She is a threat to us."

"And to hand her over to the police helps us how? Her uncle will kill us guaranteed?"

"An anonymous tip. Jeez, use your brain just once in your life."

Yuna stopped. They wanted to sell her out? These false pigs.

"We don't do that. You've seen in what state she is. She needs rest."

"Oh yeah. How the hell can she even still be standing? Have you seen all that blood?"

"Perhaps, she doesn't realize it because of her medication. It has to be very strong, considering her injuries."

"She's on drugs, you idiot! I've seen this too often."

The blue-haired grunted, because she had to suppress a laugh.

"Fuck. That was her."

Wataru's head came out of Ayumi's room. "You've heard that.", stated the young man.

The girl nodded. "Yes."

"Do you want to say anything?"

"No."

Yuna marched past him, but threw a quick glance at Ayumi. The older avoided eye contact.

Then she entered her room. She grabbed her bathing accessories, but changed her mind. The blue-haired turned on the TV, then she lay down on her futon. The bathroom had to wait.

She looked into the tube until her eye closed after a relatively short time. The sleep would cure her, tomorrow she could take a bath. And then she had to go hunting again. And find Yoshiro. Where was he?