99 Consequences

Yuna heard the ringing of a telephone. Quickly the sound died away, then she noticed a movement beside her. Warm, slightly sour-smelling breath stroked her cheek, then a kiss was pressed on it.

"I have to go.", whispered Wataru in her ear.

"Uh-huh."

She could feel how he stood up and sneaked out of her room. The girl pulled the blanket close and snuggled into it. She slept on until her own alarm clock went off. Sleepy, the blue-haired crawled to her table, turned off the alarm and lay down again.

When she woke up, it was late morning. Yuna stretched and lay awake for a while in her futon. They had spent their first night as a couple. Somewhat. She had never actually slept alone because since she was able to think, she had shared a bedroom with Yui. It was not until she moved into the pension, that she had a room on her own. Though she had to admit that it had its benefits, something lacked when no one was with her.

She should get going to visit Yui. She took her cell phone and looked at her messages. Yoshiro had written to her.

Usually there are beasts in the large forest. Try your luck there. Only go if you feel really ready. I would prefer if you would take Kenji with you, to look after you. I love you.

Pff... Kenji. Like she would need him as her babysitter. He himself was still totally immature. She was not angry at him, because he had almost killed her. It had been her own idea.

"Kenji-san!", hissed Yuna and waved at him excitedly as Tirr entered the hall again. The Oni ducked and sneaked along the chairs to her and Nisha. Yuna also ducked and pulled the cat girl with her. "What should we do?", asked the huntress nervous.

The fire devil glanced at Tirr. "I don't know. Fight him?"

"How?"

He pulled out his wallet and his cell phone from his pockets and deposited them on the chair beside him. "I could grill him, but as powerful as he is, I need some time to produce enough heat. If I can't wound him with my attack, he will kill me immediately."

"Akito-san! Stay back!", boomed to them. The stone Oni blocked Tirr's way.

"I'll buy you time.", promised Yuna.

"What are you up to?"

"I'm going to draw his attention on me. Then you attack him."

The fire starter grimaced in disapproval. "What about you?"

"I can take it. I can control my power now."

"I hope you're not wrong.", said Nisha.

"Don't worry. I can do this."

Tirr destroyed Akito's body, then he sat down and began to sob. The Oni came into turmoil.

"I don't like this, Yuna-chan.", admitted Kenji.

"Do you want to wait until he kills someone else?!"