86 Aftermath, Part 1

In front of the pension Yoshiro and Yuna left the taxi. Lately the huntress learned to appreciate this way of traveling. It was much more flexible than with the tram or bus, and thanks to her "uncle" she hadn't to worry about money. The Oni paid the driver and sent him away.

"Do you need backup?", he asked.

Determined she shook her head. "No. I can handle this."

"Okay. Don't hesitate to call me, if you need any help."

She cocked her head. "How?"

"You do have your phone back, remember?"

True. Yuna had almost forgotten about it. Finally she was able to communicate with her best friend Hikari again. "Okay. What about hunting?"

The Oni thought for a moment. "First, you have to get your power under control, otherwise it's too dangerous."

"Good." Hesitating they looked at each other.

"Come here.", said Yoshiro, spreading his arms. The huntress hemmed and hawed, but then she embraced her "uncle" anyway. "I'm very proud of you.", he praised the girl.

"Okay?" He pressed her body against his and held her clasped firmly. "Are you okay?", asked the huntress.

"I'm a little emotional today."

"Blargh." A cheeky grin appeared on her face.

"That doesn't bother me." He cuddled her even harder.

"Okay, okay. That's enough." She began to pat his arm. "This is embarrassing, uncle.", she giggled discreetly embarrassed.

"I love you more than anything."

"Oh, stop it. Let me go. This is awkward." The blue-haired struggled free from his embrace. "You're usually not like this.", lamented Yuna.

Grinning sheepishly, he ran his right hand through his hair. "Yes, I am."

"Yeah, you really are." They both laughed.

"Take care, sweetheart."

The girl looked at him intrigued. "You really are strange today."

"I'm sorry. I'll be going."

"See you."

The Oni went into the alley. Yuna heard the hiss of his teleportation ability. The huntress looked at the front door. She took a deep breath. Let's see if Wataru was already at home. She reached for the doorknob. Argh! Once again it was locked and she had forgotten her keys in her room.

Angry, Yuna kicked the door. Immediately she regretted her outburst, because her toes were haunted by a throbbing pain. She had become so used to her power, that she no longer knew how much pain she could endure usually.

"Bloody hell!" She pounded with the flat of her hand against the wood. Annoyed, she turned around and let herself slide down on the small stage in front of the door, so she could lean her back against the door. That had to be a fucking joke.

She hung around outside the door until a small, white van pulled up. The side door opened and Wataru got out. He was still wearing the same clothes as the previous night. He grabbed his two guitar cases and said: "Thank you, Makoto-kun. Until then."

He waved goodbye and turned around. The sliding door was closed from the inside and the van drove on. With a neutral expression he looked at Yuna. She gazed at him too, as she got up from the step.