37 Meal

Yuna had abandoned her quest to change her clothes. Taking off her sweatshirt went all right, but putting on a sleep shirt was impossible. She also could strip off her pants and settled in the futon with only her underwear on. She smelled a little bit strict, but whether she liked it or not, she was not able to take a bath alone.

She thought of the fight against the Oni. What had she done wrong? At the end she certainly shouldn't have approached him. She had known that the beast spat around. Did all Oni spit acid? She definitely should ask Yoshiro that. Hopefully nothing was going to happen to him on the hunt.

"Don't be absurd. He's not an amateur like me."

She had acted really stupid. To begin with, Yoshiro had to comfort her at the sight of the corpse. She had almost blubbered like a little girl. Also she was ordered to not attack the Oni and hide instead. Though ... everything went well until she came too close to him. The shooting training definitely did prepare her. Well, she indeed was stunned, when the beast squeezed itself through the tunnel and attacked them, but she had never seen anything like it.

The girl thought about her drawings. The winged creature. Were there Oni that looked like this? The dragons were real. Perhaps the flying too?

She clenched her right hand into a fist. Strange. Now she didn't feel any pain at all.

"I'm not tired at all."

The blue-haired slipped out of the futon to turn on her television. She chose an anime channel, then she got back into her futon. Her stomach growled. Since yesterday evening ... or even the day before – she did not know how long she had been unconscious – she had not eaten.

"I'm such a dork. I should have accepted Yoshiro's offer."

What should she do? To get dressed was almost impossible. She let her gaze glide through the room. The bathrobe! Eventually she could put it on. And below was supposed to be a kitchen. Maybe there was something edible that she could snap.

With a few awkward poses the girl could put on the bathrobe. She grabbed the belt with her right hand. It did not hurt. Resolutely she knotted the cotton belt. She noticed, that she could not move her fingers properly. How bad were her injuries really?

"Okay. That should work out."

Yuna slipped into her house shoes, and opened the door. She listened for sounds. The TV in the living room was still on. Cautiously, she sneaked down the hall to the stairs and then downwards. At the foot of the stairs, she looked around.

To her left was the front door. Opposite of the stairs was the manager's office, which was empty again. On the right side there was a floor. Following the corridor, the bathroom was on the left side. On the right side was a bicycle stand with a bike, as well as a vending machine with snacks and beverages. The passage ended at another door.

"That must be the kitchen then."

The girl pushed open the door and stepped inside. The smell of fried chicken and vegetables rose in her nose. Ayumi stirred up the contents of a wok with a wooden spoon, while Wataru cut additional ingredients next to her.