36 Order placement

Yoshiro went into the living room. A young man and a young woman were sitting on the couch and watched TV.

"Are you Wataru-kun?", Yoshiro asked.

They both turned their heads frightened, and stared at him puzzled.

"Who are you?", asked the young man.

"Yuna's uncle."

Both made big eyes. This person, who introduced himself as an uncle, definitely spread a worrying aura.

"Y-yes. I am Wataru."

"Please come with me."

"I haven't done anything!", defended Wataru himself.

"I just want to talk to you."

The woman with short, red hair sprang up. "You can't just barge in here and intimidate us!"

"If that was my intention, you'd be paralyzed with fear. Believe me."

Ayumi said nothing.

Wataru rose. "It's all right, Ayumi-chan."

"Be careful, Wata-kun."

Yoshiro nodded in the hallway and went ahead. With a queasy feeling Wataru followed him. The Oni put on his shoes, then they walked out the front door.

Wataru started talking. "I don't know what Yuna told you, but ..."

"Relax. I don't want to hurt you."

"What do you want then?"

Yoshiro paused and stared at the musician penetratingly.

The young man became obviously nervous under the crushing glance. "W-what?", stammered Wataru.

"Yuna is up in her room and sleeps. She is wounded and needs to rest."

"Is she all right?"

"Don't interrupt me."

Wataru nodded hastily.

"She's doing fine so far. She has a few burns on her right hand and on the right side of her face."

"Where that thing with her eye is?"

"Yes. I will ... be on a business trip for a couple of days. She seems to trust you. Would you kindly take care of her, during my absence? It should not be your loss."

"What do you want me to do?"

"She needs three meals a day, or even more if she's more hungry. Provide her with enough tea and change her bandages daily."

"No problem. If that is all."

"Are you unemployed?"

"I'm a musician."

"That's as good as unemployed."

Wataru got a sour facial expression.

"No problem."

Yoshiro pulled a bundle of notes out of his jacket. Wataru was quite amazed when he realized these were 10'000 Yen bills. The "uncle" began to count down the notes. After the first ten pieces he looked at the young man. He stared back somewhat surprised.

The older man counted five additional bills and restored eye contact. He gritted his teeth.