94 We are the Oni

They entered the building and found themselves in a dimly lit lobby. Two other Oni went straight through a large double door. Yoshiro headed for the same door.

"I and Shinji will go to Haruka. You three search for seats and stay together.", demanded the yellow-skinned.

"Do you think that I don't have to join Haruka?" The cat girl didn't make the impression that she would want that to happen.

"I would prefer if you would stay with Yuna. The other Oni know you already and will assume that she belongs to you."

"You owe me for that, Takagi-san.", insisted the gray-haired.

"I might have a ball of yarn lying around somewhere." Nisha pouted, while the blue-haired grinned from ear to ear.

They entered the room, which turned out to be a conference hall, which was more than half full by now. The huntress estimated that more than fifty people were present.

Haruka Narusegawa stood at a lectern and was talking with an Oni, who looked like a living tree. The female Oni glanced over at Nisha, then she focused on her conversation again.

"There are some free seats.", said the teleporter and pointed to a couple of chairs in the middle of the room.

Once he had seen the seats, the fur carrier nodded. "I'll take good care of the girls, Yoshi-san."

The yellow-skinned gritted his teeth. "Don't call me Yoshi."

"Yes, Sher... Yoshiro-san."

"See you later." Yoshiro and Shinji went on to meet up with Haruka, where they sat down on two chairs behind the lectern.

"Come.", ordered Kenji.

"Don't give us orders, fur ball.", snapped Yuna. Surprised, Nisha chuckled amused.

"Be nice, okay?"

"Or what? Are you going to set me on fire? Again? In front of all the others here?" The fur carrier grumbled and went on to the seats that Yoshiro had assigned to them.

"You're really cool, Masuda-san.", admitted the gray-haired.

"Oh please ... call me Yuna, okay?"

The whiskers of the cat girl twitched. "For sure?"

"Of course. We surely are going to become friends."

"Really?!", shouted Nisha excited. "Exciting."

Somewhat irritated blinked the blue-haired at the other girl. She had never experienced such an outburst, just because she wanted to befriend someone. "Yeah, really."

"Thank you so much. Then you call me Nisha, okay?"

"Sure thing." Smiling, the huntress shook her head.

Kenji hissed: "Come here."

"Yes, Kenji-san." The cat girl wanted to go to him, as the huntress grabbed her wrist. The girl in the school uniform winced.

"Don't boss us around, fur coat!", snapped Yuna at the fire starter, what earned her some curious glances from the other Oni around them.

The cat girl looked around shyly and would have probably become red, when she would not have been completely covered in fur. She looked at Yuna's hand, which was still wrapped around her own wrist, while her heart pounded excitedly in her chest.