15 Escape

The Oni screamed in fear as they sailed through the air. Yuna felt a little queasy, but she was convinced that it would work out well for herself. She watched the Oni, who had become visible, the way he frantically flailed as if this could save him.

Oh yes, the Oni knew he would die. She could see it in his eyes. Probably, she looked at Tirr the same way back then. The girl laughed out loud.

"You're insa..."

The Oni couldn't finish because they both hit the hard ground. A thud accompanied by the cracking of breaking bones sounded.

Yuna lay with her eye open on the ground and looked up to the sky. A triumphant smile appeared on her face. She sat up and looked at the Oni. His limbs were unnaturally dislocated and broken. A pool of blood began to spread from his shattered back of his head. The look in his eyes was empty and they had lost their red glow.

The girl stood up slowly, brushing off shards of glass from her tracksuit. The light blue fabric was smeared with blood. She looked at her hands, which also were covered in blood.

"Damn it."

She looked up and froze. At least ten people were staring down from the windows to her. "Did you see that?" - "She jumped." - "Why is she still alive?" - "What happened?" - "My god!" - "That's impossible." - "Alert the paramedics!"

The blue-haired looked around. Even down here were people. An elderly woman with a walking stick stood almost right next to her.

"How could I be that stupid?", she yelled angry at herself.

"Are you all right, girl?", asked an anxious female voice beside her.

Yuna glared at the old woman, nodding. She looked down at the Oni, who was slowly dissolving. Flickering, colorful sparks rose up from his disappearing body to the sky.

"I have to get out of here."

Without wasting any more seconds, Yuna ran. She had to leave immediately, or she would get caught eventually. How should she explain this whole thing for heaven's sake? There was no rational explanation for this. She had just destroyed a monster, but the evidence had disappeared before her own eye.

Aimless, the girl stormed through the access gate on the street. A loud honk and the squeaking of strongly braking wheels turned her attention to the right. She was hit by a car and thrown a few yards. After several rollovers she remained lying.

A woman left the car and started to scream for help. Yuna straightened up again and shouted: "BE CAREFUL, GODDAMNIT!"

Shocked, the woman looked at her and nodded confused. The fugitive turned sideways and ran on. She could not allow herself to be captured.

After having crossed the road, she disappeared into a side street. Sirens cried out close by. Yuna took a few deep breaths to calm down and breath properly again. She looked down at herself. The blood stains were gone. Her hands were, apart from the dirt of the road, clean.

"So, they leave no traces after their death."