105 Date Night: Wataru

Yuna smiled. "Are you scared?"

Uneasy swallowed Wataru. "A little bit."

"Good. Otherwise I would send you home."

Interrogative, he looked at her. "I don't understand."

"You must be aware of the fact that Oni are dangerous. They are beasts.", she explained.

"Can't we do something else?"

The girl placed her hands on her hips. "You said whatever I want."

"Yeah, but I thought of ... I dunno ... something harmless."

"You're right." Relieved Wataru breathed out. "It was a cool date. I'll see you at home."

Irritated, he stared at her. "What?"

"I'm going to hunt and you go home."

He shook his head. "No! I want to spend time with you."

"We did. But I have other things to do now."

Her boyfriend looked hurt at her. "Come on. Let's do something together, Yuna-chan."

She tensed up a little. "Man. Don't you get it? I'm not a normal girl. I can't hang around all day long with you. I have a purpose in my life."

"Sure ... but ...", hemmed the singer.

"No buts. Actually, I had absolutely no desire to go on a date with you, but now I had fun.", admitted the blue-haired. "And now I have to do my job."

Wataru pressed his lips together. "Okay." He grabbed Yuna by the hand.

"What are you up to?"

"Let's go do your thing."

"You're crazy."

"So what if I am? You want to hunt? We hunt." Determined, Wataru pulled his girlfriend with him.

With a jerk she brought him to stand still. "We have to go in the other direction.", she grinned, whereupon the young man sighed.

Holding hands, they walked through the passage to the bus stop. They earned occasional glances from other couples, but also from people who were on their way alone. Wasn't the first love something wonderfully mysterious?

On the bus, they sat side by side. The huntress leaned against her boyfriend. This situation felt so incredibly strange to her. On the one hand, that she had a boyfriend now, on the other, that he accompanied her to a hunt. Nevertheless, she enjoyed his presence. Wataru was less calm and played nervously with her fingers.

"Relax.", whispered the blue-haired.

"Easy for you to say. You've already done this stuff."

She smiled. "You can get off at any time. I won't force you to anything. I don't want to put you in danger."

"I think you and danger come hand in hand."

Yuna laughed amused. "Sometimes we do."

"You surely must think that I'm a wimp."

"No. Don't worry." He gratefully squeezed her hand.

Finally, they got out of the vehicle. Dusk was rising and bathed everything in a reddish light. They walked hand in hand on the sidewalk.

After a few minutes they came to the edge of the great forest. Yuna released his hand, went a few steps to the trees and stretched out her nose into the air. She sniffed.