Lovely Murmurs

Lily and Damon sat on the couch in the Salvatore boarding house.
Stefan and Elena had gone out leaving the two alone in the house.
Lily and Damon had met the first night he arrived in Mystic Falls.
Lily walked down the darkened streets of the small Virginia town. She had been born and raised here and it seemed like nothing exciting ever happened. She passed by an alleyway and saw two figures.
One of them was obviously a guy and the other, a female.
Lily figured they were making out, because she could hear the woman moaning. Her cheeks flushed and her heartbeat sped up.
The man stepped back from the woman and the woman hit the ground.
In a second, the man was standing in front of her with blood all over his mouth. His eyes were blood red, along with the veins around them.
Lily wanted to scream, but found herself unable to.
The man's eyes slowly faded into a crystal blue. "Are you afraid?" he taunted.
Lily could only nod.
They could the woman started whimpering.
"Hold that thought", he said. He flashed over to her and grabbed her chin. "You won't remember anything about this night", he said, "You're going to go to the hospital and get that checked out". He flashed back over to Lily.
"Are you going to hypnotize me too?" she asked him.
"Not yet", he said, "What's your name?"
"Lily", she told him. "Damon Salvatore".
Lily pulled out her phone and checked the time.
It was past midnight.
She stood up and said, "I'm going to bed".
"But why?" Damon whined.
"Unlike you, this human needs sleep", she told him.
"Want me to tuck you in?" Damon teased.
Lily rolled her eyes playfully and shook her head. "Goodnight Damon", she said.
"Goodnight Lily", he said. He watched her make her way upstairs to the guest bedroom she always slept in. He waited until her breathing even out, before making his way to the bedroom.
She was lying on her stomach like always.
A piece of hair had fallen out of her bun.
He gently moved it behind her ear.
The back of his finger made its way down her cheek, leaving goosebumps in its wake.
He leaned down and kissed her temple whispering, "I love you".
As he left the room he heard, "I love you too Damon".