Single And Ready To Mingle...In The Shower

"Seriously?"
Caroline Forbes glared at the smug smirk Klaus Mikaelson threw her from his couch in his cushy trailer.
"Problem, love?" he asked politely, his lilting British accent making her stomach twinge.
She huffed, crossing her arms across her chest. "I just spent the past hour with that O'Connell girl crying on my shoulder about how you called her, and I quote 'a vapid, insipid wet tissue with the sex appeal of Mother Theresa' on your one on one date! Seriously? That's so rude."
Klaus rolled his eyes and shrugged. "Some people find Mother Theresa attractive."
"Seriously?" she repeated, her piercing gaze boring down on him. "This is the third time you've made one of these girls cry, and not with emotional declarations like you're supposed to be doing."
Klaus scoffed, turning back to the television show he was watching before she interrupted. "It's not my fault that I don't find any of these girls worth my time."
Caroline threw up her hands. "You signed off on them when we showed their headshots."
"Looks aren't everything, love," he reminded her.
She just fixated her glare back on him. "They are in television."
He ignored her, turning up the sound to drown out her incessant nagging. Caroline was a producer for the hit dating show Single and Ready to Mingle, and Klaus Mikaelson was the latest bachelor contestant.
And by far, the most troublesome.
He was extremely good-looking, something he never let Caroline forget, with his dimpled cheeks and plump raspberry lips. His dirty blonde curls were always perfectly mussed, and a signature smirk plastered on handsome face. He and Caroline instantly butted heads at the beginning of the process, Klaus making the mistake of hitting on her during the first production meetings.
Caroline was admittedly attractive to the roguish man. It was hard not to when he was picked the fan-favorite of the last season of Single and Ready to Mingle, his smooth one-liners worked their charm on Elena Gilbert until he was eliminated the week before the hometown visit. He took the rejection with a roll of the eyes and a bored smile, setting hearts afire with his easy-going acceptance.
Which Caroline personally thought wasn't exciting, but Klaus was sexy as hell, and the ratings and internet agreed.
"These girls aren't even a challenge," Klaus waved her off, reaching for a sketchbook in the middle of his coffee table.
Caroline rolled her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Because they all want to date you. That's the point of the show. To find girls who actually want to date you."
"As opposed to the sexy producer who is in denial about her desire for me?" Klaus smirked, flicking his eyes up to her.
"You are so delusional," Caroline shook her head. "Why did you even agree to come on the show?"
He shrugged, flipping pages in the book on his lap. "I was bored."
She let out a groan of irritation and flopped down on the couch next to him. "Did you really want to date Elena so bad that you can't settle for any of these others?"
Klaus gave her a look of disgust, "Of course not. That Gilbert girl was as boring as the man she picked in the end."
"Then why such the personality change from the first season?" Caroline asked, scrunching her face up in confusion.
He sighed, picking up a pencil from his coffee table. "To be quite honest, I only applied for the competition for publicity."
"For?"
The corner of his mouth quirked up as he waved his sketchbook in front of her, indicating the pictures drawn in it. It was covered in various sketches, landscapes, and she saw a familiar profile in the corner.
Her own.
Caroline struggled to keep her face neutral, her eyes zeroed in on the talented drawings that covered the page. She swallowed, prying her gaze from the page and met his. A small smirk was playing at his lips and he jutted his chin out, daring her to remark on his picture of her.
"And you decided to do the second season because you were bored?" she managed to get out, refusing to rise to his bait.
His face fell for a moment, his eyes glazing over as he looked down at his sketchbook. Caroline bit her lip, peering out the corner of her eyes back at the picture in front of him.
"Well, every show needs a Juan Pablo," he remarked, shrugging as he began scratching his pencil against the page.
She snorted, unable to hide her amusement at the mention of the creeptastic contestant of another popular dating show.
"I don't think you're as bad as Juan Pablo," Caroline chuckled, shaking her head with a smile.
"Really?" Klaus looked at her amusedly.
"Yeah," she shrugged. "You don't talk about yourself in third person."
"Yet," he teased with a wink.
Caroline giggled again, biting her lip as she looked down at her hands. A comfortable silence fell over the pair, the only sound being the scratch of his pencil on the sketchpad and the quiet sounds of the television in the background.
"Why did you decide to do this season?" she spoke up.
He looked up, quirking his eyebrow at her in confusion. She looked back at him steadfastly, twiddling her fingers together.
"I mean, you really don't need to publicity to do another show. Many people fell in love with you after one season and if you started showing off your artwork on social media, or even getting in touch with the right producer, you could have gotten your own reality show," she suggested, tucking a blonde curl behind her ear.
Klaus snorted, and she shot an affronted look. "What? I'm serious!"
He rolled his eyes playfully, rubbing his thumb on the page in front of him to smudge a shadow.
"I've met your family," Caroline explained, her lips twitching. "They are definitely entertaining enough to make their own show."
Klaus pursed his lips together and shrugged. "Perhaps, but I'd rather stick to the mother-ship show."
"But why?" she asked again. "It's not like you're actually going to pick one of these girls, that much is clear."
Klaus put down his pencil with a sigh, closing the sketchbook. Caroline stole a single glance back at the page he was working on before it was shut, uncharacteristically unsurprised to see her signature angry glare in mid-drawing.
"Perhaps I met a beautiful blonde woman nearly a year ago at a production meeting," he started, making Caroline's cheeks heat up. "Maybe she handed me my ass the minute I opened my mouth and tried to use one of my many smooth, devilishly attractive-"
She scoffed, rolling her eyes.
"-Moves," he continued, his blue eyes dancing in amusement. "And maybe I figured the longer I stayed with the company, the better chance I might have on getting to know her."
Caroline chewed on her bottom lip, trying to fight the smile that was threatening to break out. Her heart was pounding erratically at his words, knowing that she probably should have shut him down right then and there.
But she couldn't exactly deny how much she'd grown to like the man. He was smart, well-traveled, kept her on his toes- both on the show and behind the scene-, and she did enjoy having him around. Klaus kept things interesting on the show, and she really miss him once his season was over.
"You could have any one of those girls," she said quietly.
"I don't even notice them around you," he admitted.
Caroline sucked in a breath at his confession, meeting his intense glare. A smile might have been on his lips, but his stare was as serious as his words. She looked away, brushing her palms against her legs as she tried to keep her heart from jumping out of her chest.
"You try too hard," she managed, nudging him playfully with her elbow.
Their eyes met again and she was pleased to see a happy glint in his.
Klaus rolled his eyes, but grinned. "Deny it all you want, you know you like me."
"I can honestly say that you do make things interesting around here," she shot back, biting the inside of her cheek to hide her own smile.
"And the smile you're trying to hide and the blush on your cheeks?" he asked innocently, his index finger tracing her jaw line.
She fought the tremor that threatened to go down her back at his touch, snapping her eyes to ratty couch they were sitting on. Klaus' smirk widened, showing off his dimples, letting her know that her face wasn't disguising her emotions as much as she thought.
"I'm exhausted," she changed the subject, letting out a soft moan as she stretched her arms.
His eyes darkened briefly at the sound before he turned back to the television that was still on and turned the sound down.
"You do look rather tired, sweetheart," he remarked, swiping a thumb under her eye.
This time she did shiver and Klaus threw her an easy smile. She rolled her eyes and sighed.
"This is all your fault."
"How is this my fault?"
"If you hadn't pissed off all these girls, then maybe I would have had time to take a shower and go to bed early tonight," she explained, glaring at him. "But no, you just had to make at least a minimum of three girls pissed off tonight.
Klaus wrinkled his nose at her playfully. "You haven't showered, love? So that's that smell."
"Shut up," she snapped, smacking his arm.
He chuckled, blocking her with a couch cushion. With a pout, she threw herself deeper into the seat. He settled next to her comfortably, all the while Caroline was hyper aware of how close they were sitting. A few inches to the left and their elbows would be brushing up against each other.
"You could always use my shower, love," he said suddenly, gesturing at a closed door in the corner of the room.
Caroline rolled her eyes. "Yeah. Sure."
"I'm serious," he insisted. "You wouldn't have to go all the way home."
"And give you a reason to come ogle me in the shower?" she chided. "No thanks."
Klaus' lips curled into a smirk. "Suit yourself."
"I will," she shot back primly, picking the remote control up from the coffee table. "Do you mind if we watch E!? I think they're doing a segment on the top six girls tonight and I wanted to see how they ended up portraying Crazy Pants del Martel's exit."
Klaus bit back a laugh at the mention of the redhead that he sent home the week before. She was certifiably insane, at least in his eyes. He kept her around mostly for his own amusement, but upon discovering her semi-incestuous texts with her brother on the phone she was forbidden to have, the show had him eliminate her. He was only disappointed she didn't make it to final just because he wanted a first row seat to whatever scene she was going to make then when he rejected her.
"I think I will go take that shower I mentioned," he mused, getting up.
Caroline just hummed distractedly, her eyes glued to the TV. She heard a shuffling noise to her side, but she continued to watch the pop culture news broadcast. Suddenly, she was hit in the face with a very soft, very familiar smelling grey shirt.
With a groan, she pushed it off her face and looked up to chastise Klaus but the words died on her lips. Klaus stood next to her, his bare torso illuminated by the dim lighting of his trailer. She eyed his chest cautiously, licking her dry lips as her eyes made their way up to his. He was smirking impishly at her before his hands fell to his belt buckle. He started to undo the clasp and Caroline swallowed heavily, unable to take her gaze from the alluring sight.
When the quiet noise of his pants zipper sounded in the suddenly quiet room, Caroline snapped out of her Klaus-induced haze. She glared at him, biting down rather hard on the inside of her cheek.
"Seriously?"
He just shrugged, stepping out of his pants. "I need a shower. Care to join?"
She pointedly looked away, but not before quickly admiring his tight black boxer briefs.
"Nope. I'm good."
"No need to be shy, love. I'm not," he said, the smile evident in his voice.
"Clearly," she bit out.
Klaus chuckled as he walked away and she cautiously looked back over at him.
Big mistake.
He was in the midst of pulling down his boxers and Caroline let out a squeak, clapping her hands over her eyes.
"Seriously?" she shrieked.
"It's my trailer," he answered arrogantly. "I did extend the invitation to join me."
"Because that's not inappropriate at all," she muttered sarcastically.
Klaus just hummed, grabbing a towel out of the drawer next to bathroom door. Caroline peeked out from her hands and felt a jolt to her core at the sight of his gloriously bare ass. All of the air seemed to whoosh out from her lungs and she shifted uncomfortably on the couch, her cheeks heating up and the room felt too warm all of a sudden.
Klaus turned around, smirking at her wide eyes and slack hands that had fallen into her lap. She swallowed heavily, averting her eyes from him.
"The offer to join me still stands," he murmured, throwing her another smug smile before opening the bathroom door and striding in.
Caroline growled under her breath and threw her head back against the couch with a groan of frustration. She could hear Klaus' infuriating chuckle before the sound of the shower being turned on muffled the noise. She shifted on the couch, blowing her curls out of her face before placing her hands on her cheeks to cool them down.
Stupid, infuriating, sexy bachelor.
He was probably laughing his ass off at how hot and bothered he left her, smug bastard. Her clothes felt tight against her body, her nipples hardened against the lace of her bra as the tension in her lower belly just seemed to build at the idea of Klaus being wet, covered in suds, and naked just in the room next door.
It would be satisfying to give him a taste of his own medicine, Caroline thought. He deserved to get a little bit of it thrown back in his face. She'd kill to see that confident smirk drop off his face, not to mention watching his expression when she teased him endlessly about it the next day. Personally, she thought she was crazy for even entertaining the thought. Watching him suffer while she merely showered and not let him touch her would be fun and did give her the chance to appreciate his form to file away for some nighttime fantasies. But, it had been a day or two since she had a shower, and Caroline was feeling rather gross in her two-day old pair of jeans.
Screw it. She was doing it.
Caroline stood up, shedding her jeans and top quickly, hiding them under a couch cushion where no one could spot them if they barged into the room. Then thinking better of it, she went and turned the deadbolt on his door so it was impossible for anybody to open in. If she was discovered by her boss, her career would be dead and buried, not to mention the contract she signed with the company promising to not get involved with the contestants during the show would be broken and probably cause her a bunch of hefty fines.
Ignoring the tiny voice in her head telling her to turn around and leave, Caroline removed all of her jewelry and carefully placed it down on the coffee table. She took her hair tie down and shook out her blonde curls, grimacing at the matted curl that used to be her bangs fell in her eyes.
Man, she really did need a shower.
Stepping out of her underwear, she undid her bra clasp before placing it on the door handle of the bathroom with a smirk. College rules still applied. If a bra was on the door, turn around and leave without any questions.
With a deep breath, she opened the bathroom door and was immediately hit with a cloud of steam. It dampened her skin instantly, and she bit her lip coyly as she eyed Klaus' shadowed figure behind the thin, white plastic shower curtain. Shutting the door quietly, she tiptoed to the edge of the shower and stepped in, her eyes immediately falling on his delicious backside.
Droplets of water was streaming down his back as he ran his hands through his messy hair, flexing the muscles in his back. Her mouth went dry at the sight and she swallowed heavily, feeling a stab of arousal to her core.
Klaus hadn't noticed her presence yet, his eyes screwed shut as the water rushed over his face. Caroline stepped forward, clearing her throat.
"Can you pass the soap?"
Klaus visibly startled, whipping his head around so fast that she was surprised his neck didn't break at the speed. She held back a smile at the deer in headlights look he was giving her, eyes wide and jaw slackened.
"Caroline?" he choked out.
"In the flesh," she chirped, stepping closer. "Literally."
Klaus' eyes roamed hungrily over her form, the Adam's apple in his neck bobbing when he swallowed thickly. The pool of arousal that had formed in her stomach grew as his face darkened, a lustful look taking over his shocked one. His body seemed to respond well to hers, judging by the impressive erection that started to form the minute he laid eyes on her.
"Do you mind passing me the soap?" she asked again. "Seriously, I'm starting to get dirtier as we speak."
That seemed to snap him out of her intoxicating influence.
"Oh, I'll show you dirtier, love," he murmured, making a grab for her.
She danced out of reach, giggling at the affronted look on his face.
"I just came in here to shower," she said innocently, walking past him.
Caroline made it a point to rub against him as she walked towards the water spray, but didn't count on her nipples hardening against his firm chest as she slid by. She bit back a gasp, her pulse jumping at the tiny groan he let out. Turning her back on him, she concentrated on the soothing spray of water washing over her. Caroline could feel the heat of his gaze on her back and she ignored it, opting to begin lathering her damp hair with his shampoo.
That was a mistake.
Klaus' hand pulled hers away gently and began to massage her scalp, washing it for her. Caroline let out a half-hearted noise of protest, but he shushed her. It didn't matter anyways, she could hardly breathe anyways, the intoxicating presence of his body making all the heat in her body rush south. Goosebumps rose on her arms despite the scalding temperature of the water with every touch of his magical fingers.
His hands began to drift down her neck, rinsing the suds out of her hair and continued to knead her skin softly. She let out a sigh of appreciation, her head falling back to rest against his shoulder as he pulled her flush against his chest. She felt his erection nudge her and bit the inside of her cheek, fighting back the urge to ground back against him. Her nipples tightened into taut buds at his ministrations and his hands massaged down her sides, brushing against her breasts.
She was vaguely aware that the situation was quickly flying out of her control and that she really should walk away, but a brush of his lips against her neck had her turning around and pinning him to the side of the shower with her mouth and hips.
Klaus kissed her back hungrily, matching her stroke for stroke. His hands danced down her back, pulling her closer as he swept his tongue past her lips. Caroline moaned softly, grinding her hips against his hard-rock arousal. Their slick bodies slid against each other, the friction making her blood thrum under her heated skin.
She nipped at his bottom lip, soothing the sting with her tongue as his hand drifted up her torso to cup one of her breasts. He thumbed over a nipple as he kissed down her neck, sucking on her collarbone hard enough to leave a pink mark. Her head fell back when he enveloped a nipple between his lips, tugging and sucking as she trembled in his arms. Klaus flipped them, leaning her back against the cool marble of the shower before reattaching his lips back to the soft skin of her breasts.
"Touch me," she managed to get out, rocking her hips against his.
He smirked against her skin and lazily traced his fingers down her torso to her arousal. She gasped when his thumb brushed against her aching clit, and Klaus let out a groan when he felt how wet she was for him. He parted her folds and circled her entrance teasingly with his index finger. Caroline growled under her breath, bucking her hips in protest of his feather light touches.
He grinned, capturing her lips in a dizzying kiss as he continued to lazily stroke her. Caroline whimpered when he slid the tip of his index finger into her before quickly taking it out.
"Stop teasing," she grunted, her hips chasing his hand.
"Wasn't that your intention when you came in here, love?" he asked against her lips, biting down gently on her bottom one. "To tease me?"
"Huh?" she rasped, completely distracted by Klaus' hands.
He slid two fingers into her and cried out before slipping them out just as fast. She pouted and he kissed her, licking the seam of her lips before moving down to suck on her jaw.
"You came in and decided to play a little game with me," he murmured lowly, "to leaving me aching and hard for you whilst you soap up your delectable body without letting me lay a hand on you."
"Maybe," she breathed, her heart pounding as he continued to tease her entrance.
"You didn't plan on it backfiring did you?" he continued, taking his length in his hand and brushed the tip of it against her slit.
Caroline groaned under her breath, pressing herself up against him and lifted her leg to wrap it around his waist. Klaus rutted against her, the slippery friction between their bodies increasing the nearly unbearable tension in her core.
"Please," she whined. "I need you."
"I don't know," he mused, the tip of his cock kissing her entrance.
Caroline muttered a string of curses under her breath before taking his cock in her hand. Klaus let out a strangled moan, his hands gripping her hips tightly as she slowly pumped her hand up and down the shaft. She smirked victoriously at the turn of events before leading him to her entrance.
"What was it you were saying?" she mused impishly, her eyes fixated on the lustful glare in his.
"Caroline," he murmured roughly, "please."
"Please what?"
"I need to be inside you," he gasped out when she ran her thumb over the tip of his erection.
"I think you need a taste of your own medicine," she continued slowly, rubbing her breasts against his chest.
"No."
"I think so," she continued, watching his control unravel in his eyes.
"Caroline, I've needed you for nearly a year," he grunted. "Please."
She blinked, not expecting that from him.
"Have you fantasized about this?" she asked lightly.
"Yes," he growled. "Every day since I met you."
Well. At least they've been on the same page for a while.
"Caroline, please," he practically begged. "Let me pleasure you."
His words sent a shiver down her spine and she brought him back to her entrance and nodded, pressing her face against his neck to hide her pleased smile. With a relieved sigh, Klaus pressed a kiss to her forehead before thrusting into her. Caroline cried out, her head immediately falling back as she arched in his arms.
She sent a silent thank you to whoever was up there for allowing the concept of birth control pills to exist. He felt so amazing inside of her, the smooth-covered steel reaching depths in her that she didn't even know existed. The pounding water rained over them, making their bodies slide together pleasurably.
He let her adjust to him for a moment, kissing her chest as he whispered a multitude of compliments on how sexy she was, and how good she felt wrapped around his cock. Pulling out, he thrust back in as he tightened his grip on her hips and secured the leg that was around his waist. He set a quick pace, filled with shallow thrusts that left her writhing against the marble of the shower wall.
"More," she begged, moving her hips to meet his.
He hit a sweet spot in her and she shook against him, making his grip on her hips increase. The tension in her belly coiled tightly as he buried his head into her neck, peppering kisses against her damp skin. Her toes began to tingle as he continued to pump into and her vision grew hazy, a sign of her impending release. She bit his shoulder and his thrusts stuttered for a moment before he began to start a relentless pace.
It didn't take long until her control snapped and she flew over the edge, crying out his name as continued to thrust into her, drawing out her orgasm. She clamped down around him, her silky walls spasmed around his cock, triggering his own release. Klaus jerked in her arms, spilling into her with a low groan.
They were quiet for a moment, the only sound in the room was their heavy breathing and the now lukewarm water hitting the sides of the shower. Klaus kept her tight in his arms as he continued to press her against the shower wall, only letting her remove her leg from his waist.
"Can I move?" she asked with a breathless giggle.
"I'm not sure I can," he muttered honestly, his cheeks tingeing pink at his confession.
Caroline giggled, lifting his head from her neck. They exchanged shy smiles, Klaus' eyes sparkling happily as they gazed down at hers.
"That was amazing." He leaned over to kiss the tip of her nose before moving down to her lips.
She hummed in agreement, moaning a little when his hand drifted down to knead her ass gently.
"So I was thinking," she began, keeping her eyes closed as he kissed down her neck.
"Hm?"
"Do you actually like any of these girls?"
"God no," he muttered, sucking on her skin.
"Good," she said, smirking at how he was already stirring against her thigh. "Then I have a solution."
"Oh?"
"I propose that you reject all the girls," she continued. "Chalk it up to not wanting to lead them on, or a tortured artist thing or something like that. You're really good at pretending to care about them."
"I like the sound of that," he mused, licking a path up her neck. "And I've honestly always only cared about you."
"Don't stroke my ego," she teased and he snorted. "Then while the media goes crazy and you're labeled the next Brad Womack or something else, you and I will go on the vacation that they usually give to the winners."
"How will you spin that to the producers?"
Caroline rolled her eyes and whipped his head back up to her level. "I'll just tell them I'm checking on you and we fall for each other, yada yada, you won't be a contestant anymore so it won't matter. Plus, I'm Caroline Forbes. I can spin anything."
"That's why I like you," he grinned down at her. "So much more than a pretty face."
She scoffed before he covered her lips with his.
"And don't you forget it."