Untitled #15

You woke up in the middle of the night from the lack of body heat next to you. You rolled over to find Alaric missing. You quietly got out of bed and walked downstairs. You knew his late night cravings had gotten much worse since moving in with him but he didn’t blame you. As you walked into the kitchen you heard a slight ‘damn it’ emit from the dim room. “Alaric,” he looked over the fridge door to you. “Sorry, did I wake you?” He asked as he walked over to you, the fridge forgotten. “No, you lack of body heat did.” He ‘hmm’ed as he kissed your head and held you close, “Sorry.” When you looked up at his face you knew why he had said damn it. You bit your lip as you rolled up your long sleeve and held your wrist to his lips. “Drink,” he simply shook his head. “No, I’m not going to drink from you.” You shook your head, “Alaric it’s two in the morning, how long do you think you can control yourself before you actually hurt someone? Alaric I’m willingly giving you my blood.”

             Alaric lightly licked his lips while watching your wrist. Within the next moment Alaric had sunk his fangs into your wrist. You lightly bit your lower lip as he drank. He wrapped one of his arms around you waist and pulled you close either to pull you close to him personally or to hold you up. You wrapped your free arm around his neck to hold yourself up. He pulled away and looked at you as he settled down. You lightly played with his hair. “Feel better?” He lightly nodded his head before picking you up bridal style and walking back to the bedroom. “Can we please not make a habit of it?” You gently kissed his cheek and wiped away a drop of blood off the corner of his lip.

             “I’ll let you drink from me whenever you need Ric.” Alaric sighed lightly knowing arguing with you wasn’t a good idea. “Fine, but let’s pick places that aren’t visible.”  You nodded your head and curled up on the bed as he laid you down. Alaric climbed back into bed and pulled you close. As he fell asleep the last thought in his head was, I really wish I didn’t have to wake up in three hours.