Untitled #3

It all happened so fast. One minute I was walking home, and the next I was bitten by a vampire. I knew that they existed. I just never thought I'd run into one.
His name was Damon Salvatore. I'd seen him at all sorts of events. He was always cordial and friendly. But now I see it's just an act. He's a monster.
He had me pinned to the wall. His arms on each side of my shoulders. I was trapped. His eyes were bloodshot and I could see his fangs.
"I saw you with Kai today Y/N. He is not the good guy you know." Damon said.
"Damon he was just asking me if I knew how to change some of his iPhone settings. I didn't do anything wrong. Just let me go." I beg, on the verge of tears.

"You're a threat Y/N. I'm sorry, but you need to go."
"Damon no. Please just let me go. I won't talk to him again." I beg as tears stream down my face.
"I can't take that risk." He says.
Before I could say anything more, he bit into my neck. The pain was surreal. I could feel the blood leaving my body. I could feel death. Before long I felt darkness take over and Damon stopped. My body fell to the ground and I saw him walk away.
I laid there dying. Waiting for the end. Suddenly I felt someone lift me up. I could hear them talking, but it didn't make much sense to me. The blood loss was a major part of it.
"Y/N. Hey Y/N. Keep your eyes open. You can't die. You don't deserve to die." They begged.
"Damon." I stuttered out. I wanted to scream 'Damon did this', but I couldn't.
I felt myself get lifted off of the ground. I assume that I was going to the hospital or somewhere I could get help. The last thing I heard was, "Hang in there."
I woke up the next day in a bed. I didn't know where I was. Was I dead?
"You're awake." Someone said.
I looked over at Kai.
"I found you last night bleeding out. I thought you weren't gonna make it. You said Damon. Did he do it?" Kai asked. He was angry. He cared.
"Yeah. Damon got mad I helped you and he thought I was better off dead."
"You're lucky to be alive. I thought you were going to die Y/N. Joe saved you."
"Stay with me please. I don't want to be alone." I say. My voice squeaks at the end.
Kai gave me a little half smile and walked towards me. He sat down and held me. Then I lost it. I cried and cried. I cried because I almost died, because Damon, a friend tried to kill me. I cried mostly because I didn't know what I was feeling. There was a love for Kai. He saved my life. As I cried, Kai ran his hand over my hair.
"I've killed people. My family, but I think I care about you."
I looked up. Slightly shocked by this new information.
"Why me?" I ask quietly.
"Because you're pure. You are so innocent and kind. I was watching you. You're loving. You didn't deserve to die."
I gave Kai a small smile.
"You aren't all bad. You can be good if you want to be." I reply.
"Maybe you can show me how to be good."