Untitled #6

'Look, Bonnie, I'm sorry but, like I said, I need to get this assignment done by tomorrow at the latest! I've already missed one deadline this week and the semester only started two weeks ago! If I don't hand this in on time-'
'I know, I know, you'll be flunked which means that you won't pass the course,' Bonnie replied as though she had heard it all before which, in all fairness, she had.
'And then you won't get a job in New York as a journalist,' added Caroline.
'Meaning that you won't ace your job, earning you a big promotion which would make you filthy rich,' continued Matt.
'Which would mean that you won't get invited to the 'high-brow' parties,' said Tyler. 'And that you won't meet an incredibly rich millionaire-'
'Whose a bachelor which means that you won't have a huge wedding in Central Park,' Elena carried on. 'With Tom Jones doing a rendition of-'
''The Way You Look Tonight',' they all finished.
I stayed silent for a moment as a small smile grew on my lips. 'And here I thought you guys didn't listen to me.'
Each of my friends laughed making my heart clench. 'It's only because we've heard you tell that story so many times,' laughed Tyler.
'We still love you, though,' said Matt.
'Even if we have heard it a thousand and one times,' Elena finished.
I smiled as I listened to each of them have a conversation about the last time I had told that story and my heart clenched even more. It was a couple of days before Christmas and it was the last time the group of us, bar the Salvatore's as they were in New Orleans for some vampire business, would be together before we returned to college. Tyler was going off on some retreat with his sports mates; Bonnie was going to California with Jeremy whilst Matt, Caroline, Elena and I stayed in Virginia, though I was sure that Matt was going to go on a road trip with some of his old friends.
It was supposed to be our own Christmas dinner yet, there I was, stuck in my dorm at the university, trying to finish a paper on the inner workings of Jane Austen.
'Look; just ask for an extension or something!' Caroline said. 'I'm sure your professor won't mind-'
'Are you kidding me? He's like Alaric when it comes to homework only less merciful.'
'Hey, you're still on speakerphone!' came Alaric's voice down the phone, though quieter than Caroline's.
'Sorry!' I laughed.
'Come on! It's only for one night!' begged Tyler. 'I bet Damon wouldn't mind compelling him-'
'No compulsion!' I shouted, and I was certain I heard Alaric shouting the same. 'Look; I'm halfway through it anyway. The second I finish it, I'll drive straight over, okay?'
I waited for a moment; listening to the background sounds of Elena telling Matt what goes in the pan and Bonnie asking Alaric how long to set the timer for. 'Fine!' huffed Caroline. 'But if you miss pre Christmas dinner, I'll bite you.'
'And we know that's such a threat,' I joked, causing Caroline to laugh. 'I'll be an hour tops but don't wait for me!'
'Okay,' she sighed. 'You can sit next to Matt. That way, he can guard your plate from Tyler.'
'Hey!' came Tyler's voice causing everyone to laugh.
'I'll see you guys later.'
After ending the call, I placed my phone on my desk beside my laptop where the words 'Jane Austen: An Insight into a Novelists Mind' was staring at me from the top of a blank, white page.
I sighed as I dragged my hands through my hair. The essay was set two days ago and the professor wanted it to be at least five pages long. No human could do that it two days when they have other work, plus vampire problems, to worry about. Then again, maybe my professor was a supernatural being. It wouldn't be the first.
My fingers hovered over the keyboard as I watched the cursor blink in and out of existence. I couldn't focus. There was too much on my mind. Not only the worry of Enzo roaming the streets without anyone watching him but the infamous psychopath that had just returned from his prison kept plaguing my mind.
I had only met Malachai Parker once, and that was when he was about to plunge a dagger into my abdomen. If I wasn't a human, I wouldn't see any problem with that but, since I was, I had to be a little more cautious than my other friends when it came to sharp objects and lunatics.
I groaned in annoyance, letting my head fall down slowly onto the desk. Ever since I had met that boy, I couldn't stop thinking about him. Sure, he was about to gut me but there was something in his eyes that made him so intriguing. Then again, I had said that about Kol Mikaelson yet he almost drained every ounce of my blood out of my body. But, that was the problem with a human living in a mystical world; we're always so bloody tempted with the dark side because of the attractive men. I think Elena would have gone mental at becoming a vampire if it wasn't for the thought of spending the rest of her immortal life with the Salvatore brothers. But, then again, who wouldn't want that?
With or without the attractive men, I think I would still have something dark inside of me. Sure, everyone wants to be a rebel but we're really tested when we have a choice; to do the thing we want to do, whether it's good or bad, or to do the right thing, even if it's not what you want. Everyone has that nagging feeling inside of them but what makes you who you are is whether you act on it or not.
That was exactly what was happening to me. I was sat there with a choice; I could either leave my dorm and go to the dinner with my friends, leaving the essay and myself to the wrath of my professor the next day, or to sit there and do the essay, whether it took me all night or not.
I sighed, leaning back in my chair with my hands behind my head as I stared at my laptop. The problem with choices like those; there were always bound to be consequences.
'Let me guess; partying or working.' My head whipped round as my arms fell at the sound of the voice. My eyes landed on a tall, dark haired man who was leaning against the doorway of my dorm; hands in the pockets of his jeans. 'Hard decision. Personally,' he said as he walked into the room, his attention focused on the photos of me and my friends on top of my drawers. 'I'd go for Option C.'
'Which is?' I asked with a tentative voice. I knew the second my eyes landed on him that he was Kai. It was hard to forget that face when it was looking down at you with glistening eyes as he was about to stab you with a steak knife.
'Come out for a drink with me,' he said, turning to face me with a large smile on his face.
I sat there in silence as I watched him continue to walk round my room; his fingers dancing lightly over the bed covers before he sat down on the bed, staring at me.
He sighed dramatically as he rolled his eyes before moving himself so that he was leaning against the headboard. 'You haven't forgotten about our last meeting,' he said, picking up my teddy from the end of the bed as he started to trace his fingers over it. 'Don't worry; this won't be a repeat of that. I'm sure that night was pretty memorable for it not to be repeated.' He turned his head to give me a wink before returning his attention to the bear.
I looked down at my phone, thinking how easy it would be to call Caroline and tell her what was happening, but just as my fingers were brushing the edge of the phone, the chair span round; Kai's hands on either arm with his face leaning down so that it was a few inches from mine. 'When I gave you the invitation, it was meant for you only. After all,' he said, lifting his hand to gently brush it against my cheek. 'You are my favourite of the enemy.'
'Is that why you didn't cut out my spleen?' I asked, suddenly finding my voice.
He laughed quietly before bringing his face close enough to mine that I could feel his breath on my free cheek. 'Exactly,' he whispered; a slow smirk forming on his lips.
I held my breath, waiting to see what he would do. He kept my stare, as though he was waiting for something, before he sighed and lifted himself up. He began to laugh quietly as he walked back to my bed before picking up my teddy.
'What's so funny?' I asked, quickly getting up from the chair in fear that the same thing would happen again.
He sighed as he turned to face me. 'You've got more spunk since I last saw you. I remember you being more...afraid.'
'I would never be afraid of you,' I replied, suddenly feeling like the fear was gone. 'No psychopath is scary if they have that much of a baby face.'
'Yet, you still find me attractive,' he said with a coy smile causing my face to drop. His smile grew as he placed the bear back onto the bed, not before giving it a kiss on the head, before walking slowly towards me. 'That's why, isn't it?' he asked as he got closer to me. Once he was a few feet away, I began to match his steps backwards, though feeling the wall against my back too quickly. 'Why you were so quiet the last time we met? Were you shy?' he asked in a mocking voice with a fake frown.
'Please,' I scoffed, walking past him to my desk. Pushing down the laptop screen and grabbing my phone and my bag, I walked out of the dorm, trying desperately to not look back to see what Kai was doing or how he was reacting to my quick exit.
'Hit a nerve?' he shouted from my room as I stormed down the corridor to the lift, pushing the button a million times before the sound of its arrival filled my ears.
I felt myself begin to smile as I walked into the elevator, pressing the ground floor the second I was in. I let my head fall against the wall as the doors slowly shut, only to be blocked by Kai, standing there with a large grin. 'Finally taking up my offer?' he asked as he walked into the lift, moving to stand next to me with a grin.
'Actually I was going to my friends and, before you ask, no, you can't come.'
'Well, thank you for ruining my night,' he huffed.
We stayed in silence for all of five seconds before the lights flashed off in the elevator. It jerked to a stop causing me to fall against Kai, though I quickly moved back to my original space, not before seeing a smirk on his face. 'Huh. Maybe it won't be ruined.'
'You've got to be kidding me,' I mumbled as I let my head fall against the wall behind me in agitation. 'There's no way this could get any wors-'
'Sorry everyone. The lift is going to be stuck like this for a couple of hours at least,' came a bored voice on the speaker of the elevator.
'But, we're only a few floors off ground!' I shouted back once I had walked over to the speaker and held down the button to talk. 'Surely it won't take that long!'
'Well, it is nearly Christmas, Miss. Not a lot of servicemen around.'
I groaned in annoyance as I let go of the button. 'We could always play a game to pass the time,' Kai said, causing me to turn and look at him. He was watching me with curious eyes through his lashes; a playful smirk on his lips.
'Like what?' I asked bitterly.
'Truth or dare,' he replied; his smirk growing.
I gave a bark of laughter. 'What could we dare each other to do; a handstand?'
'I have a guess,' he replied, watching me carefully yet the smirk was still present.
After staring at him for a few seconds, I realised what he was talking about. I gave him a disgusted look before replying with 'no chance'.
'Well,' he sighed as he leaned back against the elevator wall. 'We've got to find a way to entertain ourselves somehow,' he said with a wink.
'I'm fine with just sitting here in silence, thanks,' I replied with a smile that didn't quite reach my eyes.
'Well, I'm not going anywhere.'
'Unfortunately,' I muttered before sliding down the wall to the floor where I outstretched my legs and stared at the ceiling.
'Hey, now, don't say that,' Kai said as he followed my actions. 'You could be stuck in here all on your own with no one to talk to.'
'I honestly can't think of anything better than that right now,' I sighed as I moved my attention onto picking black nail varnish off my nails.
'I can,' he sang, causing me to look up at him as he was sitting opposite me. I watched as his eyes slowly glided over my body; stopping for a brief moment at my chest, though it was under a strappy top, before carrying on till it reached my fee; his smirk never leaving his face.
'That's disgusting...' I mumbled, trying to stop a shiver from coursing over my skin, though I wasn't sure whether that was because I enjoyed him looking at me or not. In fairness, Kai was a very attractive guy. A guy I would no doubt dream about if he wasn't a mad man.
I watched him as he tapped his fingers against his leg to some song he was probably singing in his head. This was the first time I had ever really looked at him. He was in his black jacket, jeans and boots outfit like last time though, this time, his top was grey and not blue. Despite my attempts not to, I couldn't help but turn my attention to his lips. They were sort of plump, not overly plump like a bee had stung them but nice plump. Like they would feel soft against your skin but could still be forceful at the same time.
I felt my eyes widen as I realised what I was thinking of. I tried to focus on something else, like a point I would make in my Jane Austen essay but, like when writing the essay, I could get Kai off my mind. It was all of him, at first. Then his eyes staring down at me, then his lips. That was when I knew I was in dangerous territory because that was when I started to imagine what his lips could do, what they would feel like on my skin. First on my neck, then moving down to my stomach and then-
A feeling of being watched washed over me, causing me to raise my eyes from the ground to look at Kai who was staring right at me with an intense stare; no trace of a smirk on his face. He was just watching me, like he had never seen a human before.
'What?' I asked, intended it to come our harshly so that it would shock him out of whatever daze he was in yet it came out more as a whisper.
He continues to stare at me for another few seconds before looking away with a small smile.
I suddenly felt the feeling of cramp in my leg, causing met to shoot up in pain; a sharp intake of breath seeping through my teeth as I leaned down to rub it out. A pair of boots suddenly appeared in my vision, causing me to slowly lift my gaze to see Kai staring down at me with a small smirk tugging at his lips. I swallowed deeply as I slowly stood up, realising that I only just reached Kai's shoulders what with being so short and him being so tall.
'Need me to work out the kinks for you?' he whispered, his smirk growing as he watched a blush erupt over my cheeks.
I stood stock still, not knowing how to reply. He gave me a wink before slowly lowering himself to the ground; his eyes never leaving mine. I felt my legs tingle at his touch as he brushed the pads of his fingers against my bare legs; starting at the ankle of my right leg before slowly working themselves up to my calf. Once he reached it, he began to add pressure, massaging the muscles underneath.
I felt my back fall against the cold metal of the lift as he worked his fingers on my right calf and then the other. I bit my lip to hold back a moan that I didn't know had risen to my lips as he began to massage both before slowly raising them, though with no pressure.
I gasped as he reached just below my ass, wondering what he was going to do. I moved my attention from the opposite wall back down to Kai who was simply smirking up at me with glistening eyes.
I swallowed deeply as the tips of his fingers brushed the edge of my ass; his eyes watching for my reaction. I tried to keep my face emotionless as he slowly dragged his fingers upwards, over my lacy red underwear till they were flat against the entirety of my ass.
Curious at my lack of reaction, he began to massage my ass causing me to release another gasp, though it sounded more like a moan. I heard Kai quietly laugh as he let his hands fall back down my legs before reaching my ankles. Once there, he pulled at them, trying to get me to move them to the side, which I did.
I watched as he smirked up at me as he took hold of my right thigh in his warm hand before bringing his face towards it. That's when I released an actual moan, when he kissed and sucked at the inside of my right thigh before swiftly moving to the left. I felt my head fall back against the wall as he sucked and then bit at the skin, causing my breath to hitch in my throat, though I didn't look down at him.
Once he had finished assaulting my thighs, I felt his hot breath against my pants, causing me to take deep breaths in order to stop myself from gasping. I took my bottom lip between my teeth as he slowly slid my pants down my legs; the only movement I made in that time was stepping out of them.
He threw them behind him swiftly before moving his knees so that he was kneeling right before me. I finally looked down into his eyes to see him looking up at me with a question in them, as though he was waiting for my confirmation of what we were about to do.
I gave a small nod to him which seemed to be the only thing he needed before he slipped his tongue across me, causing me to bite down on my lip hard enough to draw blood.
As he sucked, nipped and bit, I felt my hands move themselves to his head, where I slowly brushed over his hair. Noticing my tentativeness, he raised his hands, placed them on mine and pushed them deep into his hair, all the while continuing his assault on my lower body.
As his tongue buried deeper into my body, I released my bloodied lip with a moan, digging my hands deeper into his hair as I pulled him flush against me. He released his hands before resting them back on my ass, pulling me hard against his tongue, causing me to moan even more.
He continued to do this till I felt release but, even then, he didn't stop. He took one hand off my backside as he lifted himself off the ground. He stood towering over me, licking his lips with a smirk before slowly dragging a finger from his free hand over my stomach. Slowly, he dragged it lower and lower, over my skirt on my left thigh before reaching my core. I gasped as I felt his fingers caress me before slowly sliding inside of me.
I felt my hands grab Kai's biceps in an attempt to hold myself up as one hand massaged my ass whilst the other was buried inside me. I felt my head fall forward against his chest as he continued to move his fingers against and inside me. 'Careful, sweetheart. You're showing your true colours,' he whispered in my ear.
'Shut up, Kai,' I muttered causing him to breathe a laugh before I felt my release again; burying my head in Kai's chest to stop the moans from being too loud.
'Enough of the foreplay, I think,' he breathed, slowly lifting my head from his chest with his hands. He looked deep into my eyes before he slowly brought his face down to mine.
I closed my eyes in anticipation before feeling his plump lips brush against mine. 'I thought you said no more foreplay,' I breathed as he brushed the hair out of my face.
He laughed quietly before pulling back slightly. 'Demanding little thing, aren't you?' he said with a wink before crashing his lips onto mine.
I felt electricity spark everywhere as he dragged his hands over my body; my shoulders, the curves of my breasts, my waist then hips then backside before settling on the backs of my thighs.
'Jump,' he breathed as he continued to assault my lips. Once I did what he said, I wrapped my legs around his waist before he pushed me hard against the wall. Burying my hands in his hair for only a second before he pinned them above me with one hand; pushing me harder against the wall so that I would stay up, he moved his lips to my neck; biting and sucking as he moved the other hand from my thigh. The sound of a zipper barely registered in my head as before I felt the slight pain of him entering me.
I gasped loudly, stopping the actions of my hands as I focused on Kai pushing deeper and deeper inside me. Noticing my stopping, Kai tore his lips from my neck to look at me with an expression that resembled concern. 'You okay?' he asked yet all I could do was nod. 'Good,' he breathed before planting his lips back on mine; biting and tugging at my lips as he moved his hips against mine.
This continued for god knows how many blissful minutes, hours till we both found release; Kai holding me tightly as I unwrapped my legs from his waist. He looked down at me as he held me close; a hand brushing hair away from my face as he looked down at me with a smirk. 'Told you we'd find something to do.'
'You just have to ruin it by talking, don't you?' I breathed as I leant my head against the wall; a smirk growing on my lips as his smirk disappeared from his own.
'Careful,' he warned, though a trace of a smile was visible.
'Or what?' I whispered, looking up at him with a playful smile.
He simply continued to stare at me as a smirk slowly grew. He leant down and placed a long kiss on my lips. It was at that moment that the lights of the lift flickered on and it began to move downwards. 'Well, that was lucky,' he said.
'What was?' I asked, brushing my hands through my hair to pat it all down.
'That the service boys didn't get a show,' he said, wiggling his brows before winking at me.
I felt myself blush as I looked down at the ground in embarrassment. The man that my friends were meant to be afraid of had just had sex with me.
A pair of boots came into my vision yet I didn't look up. It was when he placed a finger under my chin, tilting my head up did I look at him. I was surprised to see him smiling down at me, not smirking. He leaned down and gave me another kiss before pulling away yet only slightly. 'We should do this again sometime,' he muttered.
I could only muster a small nod of agreement before the lift doors opened. Kai stepped away from me with a smirk and a wink before turning to leave. 'Ah. This is awkward,' he said in his usual happy tone.
I looked up to see Caroline, Elena, Bonnie, Matt, Tyler and, strangely enough, the Salvatore's standing in front of the lift; each holding a bag or basket with what I assumed was food.
'What were you doing in a lift with him?' asked Bonnie incredulously.
'Don't even go there, Bonnie,' I replied quickly, causing Kai to send me a curious yet amused look. 'He's been pestering me all night. I couldn't even finish my essay before I had had enough of him,' I answered, rolling my eyes as if to accentuate my point.
'Is that so?' asked Damon with a smirk.
'Well, yeah,' I replied.
'Then why are there red panties on the floor?' he asked; his smirk growing.
I felt my eyes widen as I cast a hurried glance to the lift floor where, sure enough, in the corner, was my pants.
'Yep. Awkward,' Kai said, turning to me with a smirk. 'But definitely worth it'