Untitled #4

You were back at home after yet another failed blind date. You tried telling Caroline you weren't ready to put yourself back on the market but she wouldn't have it so she set you up with some guy whose name you were too frustrated to remember.
               Long story short, the guy was a total pig who only wanted to get into your pants and quite frankly you believed no man could compare to the love of your life, Kol Mikaelson. It'd been a few months since he passed on and you'd never been able to look at Elena the same way after that.
               You stepped out of your heels; peeled the ridiculously tight dress off of your body; showered and let your hair down before slipping on one of Kol's t-shirts and boxer shorts. You were about to take out your shoe box of memories (or the certification that you were an obsessive girlfriend as Caroline as put it) when you heard your phone ringing. One glance at the caller I.D. filled you with the urge to hurl your phone against the wall but you decided answering would be the best option.
"Y/N, do you have any idea how long I've been calling you!"
"What is it Caroline?"
"Toby told me you walked out on him,"
"So that's his name,"
"Y/N!"
"What Caroline?" you groaned.
"Why the hell did you walk out on him?"
"He was a total asshole with no regard for anyone but himself,"
"Sounds like your type, wasn't that what your last boyfriend was like?"
"Don't," you warned wanting desperately to rip her throat out for insulting Kol even after his death.
"You know it's true,"
"No Caroline, it's not."
"Whatever, if you didn't like him I know another guy who'd love to go out with you."
"I don't want to go out with anyone else, this is the fifth date you've sent me on this week and guess what Caroline, IT'S WEDNESDAY!"
"Excuse me for trying to get your mind off things,"
"By things you mean Kol,"
"Yes, I mean Kol. I was trying to get your mind off Kol,"
"I don't want to get my mind off of him."
"You need to move on, Kol is gone and he's never coming back."
"I don't want to move on. I love him! You can't just get over love like this. You'd know this if you weren't trying to cross banging the entire supernatural population of Mystic Falls off your bucketlist!"
"Y/N, move on. He's gone and we can't do anything about it. I'll talk to you in the morning," she snapped in a softer tone before hanging up.
"Well fuck you Caroline!" you yelled tossing your phone against the wall and sobbing uncontrollably.
               You looked at the vial of blood in your hands and wished it was Kol who turned you so you could be with him but you just had to have met Klaus first.
               You contemplated how you could end your pain after all you'd tried everything; being immortal exempted you from committing suicide like any clichéd heartbroken girl, so you did the one thing you promised Kol you'd never do. You removed the daylight ring he'd given you as a symbol of his love as well the necklace you wore out of habit. All that was left to do was waiting for the sun to rise and you'd be free and more importantly you'd be with Kol forever.
               Eager to pass the time, you looked through the pictures in your shoebox and you couldn't stop your tears or laughter from spilling out when you came across one of you and Kol at the funfair. You'd dared him to stuff his face with jalapeño peppers and you snapped the picture while he was suffering the consequences.
"You actually got that developed? I look like such an idiot," a voice behind you groaned.
"Kol," you asked as your voice cracked.
"In the flesh,"
"How- You're-"
"I don't know; all that matters is that I'm here."
"Great, I'm going crazy now."
"Why would you say that?"
"I'm seeing things and talking to them,"
"I'm insulted, and I'll assure you I'm quite real," he said pulling you into an embrace.
"Kol," you asked once more allowing your voice to break more.
"I'm really here darling,"
"You're alive," you smiled shedding tears of joy.
"No, I'm not. The veil crumbled and now I'm here with you,"
"But you're staying right?"
"No, I can't. This is the last time we can see each other. By sunrise tomorrow I'd have moved on."
"What,"
"I'll have to leave you tomorrow,"
"No, I get that. What I don't get is why the fuck you're here right now!" you yelled pushing him away from you.
"I thought you'd be happy to see me,"
"I was, then I found out you're going to disappear forever by sunrise tomorrow!"
"If I could change it I would,"
"Of course you would. Do you have ANY idea how many of my wounds you've re-opened by just showing up here Kol?"
"I know Y/N, but I had to see you."
"Why would you do this to me?" you cried. "I told you that you were going to end up dead. Why would you carry on that pointless vendetta?  Why Kol," you asked.
"I had to,"
"That's it huh, you had to do it. You didn't think of anyone but yourself! I hate you Kol Mikaelson," you screamed pounding your fists into his hard chest. "I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! I FUCKING HATE YOU!" you yelled not holding back your hysterical sobs.
"I know how much you must want to believe that,"
"I hate you," you replied sobbing into his chest.
"No, you don't."
"No, but I wish I did. I hate that I can't stop loving you."
"I'm sorry, but I'd like you to think of this as the goodbye we never got to have. Can you do that for me love?"
"Okay," you nodded lying on your bed and patting the spot next to you.
"Just pretend it's any other night and we're spending it together."
"Sounds easy enough," you said as he turned on his side so you were facing each other.
"Good, so how was your day."
"Pretty good, well not really; Caroline's been trying to keep my mind off of you by sending me on all these blind dates. I've been on five in just this week,"
"Today's Thursday right,"
"No, it's Wednesday for like- twenty-seven more minutes," you replied glancing at the clock on your nightstand.
"Wow, I have such a bad concept of time."
"Well you've been trapped on the other side for months,"
"I suppose that's a good enough reason. What else have you been up to while I was away?"
You frowned at his choice of words but answered anyway,
"I joined the cheer squad,"
"Really," he smirked. "Why is it that after all these months you've finally decided to join?"
"Honouring your memory I guess."
He scoffed and pulled you on top of him before sliding his hands under the hem of the shirt you wore.
"I'm corporal today sweetheart so you know what that means,"
"Corporal is related to corpse which is-" you were silenced with a swift kiss to your lips as you melted into Kol's touch.
"It means I'm going to give you the best fuck of your immortal life."
"Good luck," you panted as you were pinned beneath him.
"You know, I could always just not have sex with you. It's been months and-" this time you were the one cutting him off as you sat up and kissed him roughly.
"You may be able to go without sex for months but it's been driving me crazy," you said pushing his jacket off of his shoulders and unbuckling his belt.
You were in the process of removing his shirt when you were shoved backwards and his primal aura descended on you. His need for you was evident as he tossed the shirt you were wearing to the side and attacked your bare breasts with a barrage of wet kisses. Kol continued to kiss his way down to the waistband of your boxer shorts which he teased with his teeth before slipping them off.
"Y/N darling, should I be concerned about you not wearing underwear?"
"Don't you like it?"
"I do bu-"
"Then shut up," you cut him off pulling his face down to yours and kissing him passionately.
               Every ounce of emotion you felt was poured into that one kiss and right then and there, time stopped (figuratively). It was just you and Kol trapped in the swirling cocoon of your own love.
               Craving friction, you slipped his boxers off and parted your legs to accommodate him. Eager to be one with you once more Kol wasted no more time with foreplay and plunged himself deep within you resulting in the room being filled with your loud cries of ecstasy.
"Oh- Ko- YES," you let out as you tried to meet his powerful thrusts.
"Open your eyes," he said lifting your body off of the bed and supporting your arched back with his strong arms while still pounding you mercilessly. "I want to see those beautiful (Y/E/C) eyes of yours light up with the pleasure only I can give you."
"Oh Kol," you moaned opening your tear filled eyes. "I love you so much,"
"I love you too darling," he said slowing down his thrusts and placing a kiss on your lips.
                               He linked both your arms above your head and just took time to savour the moment. It wasn't about just the sex anymore. He wanted to express his love for you and you had no problem with that.
               He began placing soft kisses on your neck allowing all your moans to escape your lips.
"Are you close," he asked staring into your eyes.
You nodded in response and shut your eyes as you felt your wave of pleasure approaching.
"Y/N, open your eyes. Look at me, only at me. It's our last time; I want to make it count. I want to engrave every detail of your beautiful face into my memory for eternity,"
"That's so deep,"
"Thanks, I heard it in a movie somewhere," he replied smirking.
"You a- OH MY GOD," You moaned as Kol cut you off with a powerful thrust against your g-spot.
               He came shortly after and just stayed on top of you, wiping away the tears you'd shed.  He glanced at your hand and noticed your ring was missing. Then he glanced at your neck only to find it bare. It didn't take long for him to piece it together and the anger became evident on his face.
"Kol, are you alright?" you asked stroking his cheek.
"What the hell Y/N!" he yelled. "Why would you take your daylight ring off?"
You were silent for a while before speaking up,
"I wanted to be with you. I couldn't take it here anymore! I miss you SO much and they don't get that. They think I should get over you, but I can't!"
"You should get over me," he said pulling out of you and climbing off of you.
"Kol," you asked your voice breaking.
"Y/N, I'm dead. You're not you-"
"I might as well be dead! You have no idea what it's been like for me! I have to go out every day and see how in love the rest of the world is how happy they are together and I'm just stuck here in this wretched existence with no one! It's hell here, so excuse me if I wanted to be with you."
"Y/N, I'm not worth dying over."
"Yes, you are. I'd die for you a thousand times if it meant we could be together."
"But, we can't be together. Not after tonight,"
"I want to be with you," you cried.
"I want to be with you too, but for now, you have to move on," he said looking into your eyes and holding your face. "When I leave here you will-"
"NO! You can't compel me to forget you! I'd go insane I'd be even emptier than now I'd kill everyone around me and the guilt would fill the void left by you and then it'd eat me alive,"
"Vivid," he smiled kissing you.
"Please don't do this," you cried. "I don't want to forget you or the love I feel for you."
"Then don't," he said stroking your cheek and looking into your eyes once more. "When I leave here, you will move on. You won't remember I was here; this will be like a dream to you. You won't forget me or how you feel about me but you will move on. You'll move on with somebody better for you than I am and you won't do anything to intentionally harm yourself. If by some tragic twist of fate we meet again, we'll be together.  Do you understand?"
"Yes," you answered, slightly dazed from your compulsion.
"Good girl," he said putting on your necklace before collapsing on the bed with you in his arms.
*********************************************************************
               The next morning you woke up with a smile on your face, the peaked in through your blinds and you realised you were naked.
"That was one vivid dream," you smirked as you looked down at your bed and remembered your dream.
               You were extremely happy, but then you turned and saw the indent in your bed. You started thinking last night was more than a dream, the proof was in your sheets. But, it couldn't be real, Kol was –is- dead. Unless, you'd slept with that guy, Tom or Tim or whatever;
               A thousand theories ran through your mind and you were driving yourself insane until, you saw that very familiar daylight ring on your nightstand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This actually had me in my feelings 😢