I Know You Like Me

You tried to read a book. It was a book you had already read. Maybe you had even read it twice, if it wasn’t three times. It didn’t matter. You just wanted to make sure that you stayed busy, that you had something to do, that you wouldn’t be forced to say something to the only other human being around you. 
“That looks like a good book.” Kai sat down next to you, on the elbow rest of your chair. You sighed, but you didn’t answer. 
“Are we going to do this whole you pretending to hate me thing again?” Kai placed his head on your shoulder and you shook it, hoping that it would make him stop for a least a few more minutes. 
“Come on, we both know that you want me.” He took the book from your hands and hid it behind his back. 
“I’ll promise to give it back when you give me a kiss.” He smiled, he smiled that smile you hated, more than you had ever hated anything else. It was that smile that made you weak, that made your heart skip a beat, that made your entire body longing for his touch, his kiss, his everything. It was that smile that made you forget what he had done, how he had killed the innocent children in his family to punish his father. And you hated yourself for being willing to forgive him, for being willing to forget that he was a killer, a murderer. 
“You know, since we can’t go anywhere I can wait.” Kai shrugged his shoulders and slowly walked away, placing your book somewhere you would probably never find it only to come right back. 
“Look, I know that I’ve killed people and I know that you hate me for it, but you can’t deny that I’m hot.” He leaned against the doorpost and you wanted to stand up, wanted to get away from here, wanted to get away from your own feelings. But you knew that no matter how far you would go, your feelings wouldn’t stay behind, wouldn’t stay here, wouldn’t stay with him. Your feelings were yours, not his and he knew it, he knew what you were feeling and he knew how to use it against you. 
“I have to admit that I admire your determination. Especially since there is no one around here to judge you, apart from you of course.” He raised his eyebrows and you moaned softly, before you walked towards him, wrapping your arms around his neck, pressing your lips on his. He had been right. The only one who could hate you for loving him, were you. The only one who could get angry for loving him, were you. 
“Are you going to shut up now?” You whispered, before you kissed him again. You closed your eyes, your hand going through his hair. 
“As long as you keep my mouth occupied.” He winked and when he kissed you again, you felt his tongue brushing your lips, almost forcing you to open your mouth. For a moment you hesitated, but then you realised that you had already crossed all lines. It didn’t matter how far you would go now. You were in love with a monster. You were in love with a killer. You were in love with a murderer. You could as well try to enjoy it to the fullest.