A Thousand Years

It had been three hours since the last time Kai had heard from Y/N. The longest three hours of his life and he would know, waiting by his phone for that time when he could have been doing something important. Like actually picking up the phone and calling her.
They had been together for a year and a half and it was Kai's first relationship where he could feel something for another being. He had found out from her mother that Y/N had been eating less, failing her classes and not wanting to do her hair for school or Kai like she always did. Her mother also informed him that she couldn't sleep, she'd pace in her room all night, cry to herself and hide her body away in her thick blankets on her queen sized bed. Y/N's parents didn't really approve of Kai but they had figured their daughter would talk to him about her problems.
He figured that her absent texts and calls had something to do with her insecurities. Not even Kai could get an answer out of her, to find out what was causing her so much pain. So he headed for her home, with a gift on his console of the car, his mouth tasting very much like metal and his palms sweating over the steering wheel because of his nerves. Yes, Kai Parker had nerves and he was a huge bundle of them, wondering what was wrong with his Y/N. His Y/N. His girl.
Three raps on the door with his knuckles and there was no answer, his present forgotten in the car to sit in there for a while. Her parents weren't home, they were most likely at work until the later hours of the evening to support their small family. But what surprised him...her front door creaked open as an invitation to him. But nobody had answered the door. She left it unlocked, even after Kai had warned her about Mystic Falls' supernatural entities that could wander inside, though most Vampires needed an invitation. Kai on the other hand, already had his. But his greatest fear was a witch or a werewolf sneaking in, targeting his Y/N, who was also his weakness.
He stepped through the threshold, closing the door quietly behind him, scuffling across the neat hardwood floor her mother must have cleaned the night before.
Kai peered around every corner, concluding Y/N was upstairs somewhere. So he wandered the stairs and the upstairs landing, overlooking the living-room and the kitchen from the upstairs balcony. Yes, her parents were successful and somewhat well off and knew how to save their money to afford such a nice house. It would be the perfect little family, but they didn't know how broken their own daughter had become in the past months. He was now desperate to find her, heading for the neat bathroom that smelled of lavender at the end of the hall, but finding nobody. His ears had picked up a quiet sniffle, indicating Y/N was in her room. Crying, Y/N was crying.
"Babe?" He whispered, not trusting his voice as he unlocked her door with the house key she had given him. The lights were off, blinds closed and a mess scattered across the floor with old pictures of family events and pictures of the happy couple when they had gotten together. She had changed, he should have noticed before. The girl who took pride in her looks, who got his attention in the Grill when he was drinking away his own problems, glass by glass. The girl who he picked up from school, who bought her lunch when she had no money. He even won her a fish at a carnival, believe it or not. She was almost popular, money, looks, friends. But that never mattered to him, to Kai, she was a ball of sunshine who took his breath away on their roller-coaster of a relationship and knocked him from his chair when she twirled around in her cute sun dress with daisies in her hair from a bouquet he had bought her as a make up present.
Now, Y/N didn't do her hair anymore. She wore it down and plain all of the time. She had left the house countless times for school in an extra large, gray hoodie down to her mid thigh and sweatpants or jeggings, instead of her skinny jeans from Hollister she loved to pick out. Y/N's shoe choice had gone out of style, instead of her expensive converse she earned herself with her own money, she wore slippers or just some old sneakers that she had for gym class. She had the perfect figure, curves yet a toned, flat stomach. Now you could see her ribs and hip bones that looked like they would just poke through her flesh with just a tap on her skin. Her captivating eyes weren't the same, those beautiful (Y/E/C) eyes were just a gray color, unhealthy looking. But at the time, Kai didn't notice, she covered it all up with 'I'm fine' or a smile that could fool anyone into thinking she was okay.
There she sat in the middle of her floor when she should have been in school. Perfect attendance was her thing, this definitely was not his Y/N. To skip school like so. Kai reached for the light to get a good view of Y/N, but she waved her hands at him.
"I know you can see me in the dark, please don't turn the light on." It was true, he could see her in the dark. His hybrid self had many advantages. He swallowed, expecting the worst. But could he really see her? Her real self anymore? No, he couldn't
He flicked the lights on anyway, a sob escaping her lips as she covered her eyes with her hands. Kai took in the sight, he wanted to throw up with anxiety, she had started drinking. The bottle of Whiskey sat next to all of the old photos, it could have been one of those unique Tumblr photos, but it was Y/N's unhealthy choice. Kai wanted to cry, he wanted to cry, seeing his girl like this. Her hair was a mess, frizzing and fraying all over the place. She had on that large hoodie like he suspected and sweatpants.
Kai dropped to his knees with his mouth hanging open, positioning himself in front of her. She looked up slowly, letting her eyes adjust to the bright light of her room and daytime. She observed, watching her boyfriend reach for the empty bottle of alcohol and her guilt swept over her. She'd disappointed Kai, and that was the last thing she wanted to do.
"Y/N, why?" He whispered, still reading the bottle, trying not to shake his head and make her feel worse.
"I thought it would help." Her bottom lip quivered, her voice shaking with emotion that made Kai drop the bottle, letting it roll across the floor and grab his girlfriend into his arms as she sobbed into his shoulder. "I didn't mean-"
Kai swallowed hard, trying to stay sane for the both of them. "You're okay, Y/N. You have to talk to me." He whispered, digging his nose into her shoulder. Her fingers traced patterns on his back to keep herself calm. "Why are you doing this to yourself?"
Y/N swallowed a lump in her throat, taking a shaky breath before collecting herself to continue. "They're right Kai, I shouldn't have you. I shouldn't dress the way I used to." She was a blubbering mess and Kai tried to make out everything she was saying.
"What do you mean?" He pulled away and looked at her, stroking her cheeks and wiping her tears away.
"The way I used to dress, the person I used to be, there were girls who pointed out I showed off, showing my body to every guy I got the chance to be with. I know it isn't true-" She cried.
"It isn't." Kai confirmed, he was trying so hard to be calm and not let anger take over his entire being.
Y/N took another deep breath and continued. "I can't help it, knowing it isn't true. Then one of them had their boyfriend post pictures of me eating my lunch on Instagram. When I read the comments, I couldn't help it Kai.-" She broke down. "Everywhere I go in school now, I just get judged."
"Your friends? What did they do?"
"Nothing, some of them laughed, others told me to lighten up. I never thought it would be me, Kai. I don't want to be anybody. I don't want to be noticed. I don't want to be here, especially when they drive by the house and start screaming vulgar things at me. I don't want to leave the house, I don't want food, or a nice house. I don't want to bring anybody else into this. Especially not you, you have other things to worry about-"
"Like you? Because you're my priority?" He raised his voice slightly, trying not to lose control of his anger. "Because I chose you and trusted you. Have you ever thought what I would do if you'd done something to yourself? I can work with emotion, Y/N. I can help you with that-" His voice cracked, placing his hand on hers over her thigh. "But I couldn't help you if you hurt yourself." He closed his eyes and rested his forehead on hers. "I can't picture my life without you anymore, not getting your morning call or your goodnight texts. Not running into you at the Grill that night, shamelessly flirting with you because I thought nobody could ever love me the way you do." Y/N took a deep breath, tears streaming silently.
"You are the most gorgeous girl I've ever laid eyes on, and it angers me you can't see it anymore, in yourself. I never thought I'd have to spit out one of these lectures to you. Sometimes I look at you, pictures or over FaceTime, or when we're in person and I think 'who's this girl who has me wrapped around her finger?' and I always want to be there with you and keep you safe from anything, I thought one of Mystic Falls' many monster would have attacked you Y/N, that was my biggest fear. But now the only monster attacking you is yourself, and you're bringing yourself closer and closer to the ground. Now I'll ask you in person, Y/N." He grinned, eyes closed, a tear streaming down his plump cheek. "What are you doing to me?"
She had nothing to reply, nothing to say at all. She had never saw Kai cry, what was she doing to him? For the first time in forever, she caressed his face with the back of her hand, collecting his tears and spilling her own down her face. Kai looked up, his blue gray eyes swimming with hope. Her hand was warm against his face. She hadn't touched him this way in about four months, keeping her hands to herself. And then she smiled, a warm, bright smile like when they had first met. Kai returned the smile, his heart thudding with sudden joy that he didn't know he was capable of, with unexpected joy.
Her smile spread from eye to eye, showing her beautiful white teeth. Kai had a little piece of his Y/N back, she hadn't smiled like that in forever. It was him, his love made her feel something, feel herself like she never had before.
"Please let me prove it to you." Kai whispered to her, brushing her hair with his fingers out of her face. Y/N smiled coyly, nodding and giving him permission. He kissed her, God it felt so good to kiss her again. A passionate kiss at that, one where they could pour every ounce of desire and love into each other. Y/N played with the little hairs on the back of his neck, making goosebumps erupt throughout his entire body. She barely had to touch him and he was affected by her aura.
"I missed you." Kai trailed his lips slowly from her lips to her jaw line and to the base of her neck. Y/N let a little puff of air escape her lips which spurred Kai to move on, his hands playing with the large hoodie. She raised her hands and allowed him to slip the hoodie over her head. Kai continued to suck at her neck, humming when he felt her soft breasts in his hands. "Not a part of you goes un-noticed by me." He whispered flush against her collarbones, nipping diligently at the little purple spot he was making. Y/N felt the tingles erupt in her stomach like she used to feel when she was with Kai. They hadn't had sex in months out of her own insecurities. With his right index finger, Kai trailed his fingers down the backside of her ribs, making her shiver.
"Please don't." She breathed, wanting badly for him not to look at her body now. Kai still went on, leaning over to kiss each one of her ribs. Y/N whimpered, holding the back of his head, her skin tightening at the feel of goosebumps spreading over her body.
"I love you, Y/N. You have a gorgeous body." He kissed at her bellybutton, but was unable to due to her sitting upright on the floor. Kai stood and took her hand, spinning her around, making her laugh and stepping away to open the blinds. Her room was just over the backyard, with her large pool and trees, nobody could see her in her room. Kai grabbed her mirror and placed it behind her bed that was against the wall. He took his place behind her again, wrapping his arms around her from the back and running his fingers over her breasts, her nipples puckering and hardening. She gasped, taking a good look in the mirror at herself, in the arms of her lover, the one who was making her feel something again. Suddenly, her eyes weren't pale anymore, she had a wrinkle in her left cheek from smiling so wide for the first time in the longest time. She had two love bites, one just above her collar bone and the other right in the center of her collar bone. To everyone else, it would be a mark that some guy had given her. But between the both of them, it claimed Kai's territory and having the marks made her feel suddenly safer in her own skin.
His hands dipped into her sweatpants. Her whole body was ignited, his fingertips finding her clit and pressing into it slowly. She choked out, meeting her own eyes in the mirror as Kai held her up. One of her hands reached around to grab his bicep and the other grabbing at his wrist.
"It's a shame to think you hate yourself now. But because of that, I love you even more." He whispered, kissing the other side of your neck. "Now I know you're human. I'm going to help you through this, Y/N. I need you back." His breath sent tingles down your spine. She swallowed her emotions and met his eyes in the mirror, watching him caress her. Y/N parted her legs slightly to give Kai better access but instead he tugged them down her legs. Her hip bones poked through her red underwear, she couldn't stand to look at herself anymore. She started reaching for the floor but was stopped by Kai, who circled around her, his back to her mirror. "Watch yourself in the mirror, Princess." He got down on both of his knees, slowly peeling her underwear down to join her pants on the floor. His thumbs kneaded her prominent hips, hearing her breathing stop. It was quite evident she hated how she looked.
One of Y/N's hands trailed to his hair, his tongue poking from his mouth to lick and nip over the prominent bones giving each of them a turn for attention. She gasped, burying her fingers further into his soft hair, lightly scratching at his scalp. His right hand reached up and held her free hand, fingers entwined together as she eyed her reflection carefully. Her jaw dropped, a whine escaping when Kai dug his tongue into her clit and kitten licked it. With hooded eyes, she looked down, giving his hand a small squeeze.
"Shit, Kai." She said sharply, her words cutting through the thin air. Her reflection shook and trembled, it was an alternating self. While in this world, Kai's marks represented love, but in the alternate world, the marks represented scars from hurtful words. Now she couldn't help but feel like she was leaving that life and being sucked into the real world, where the only thing that mattered was Kai and her family. That was it, Kai was her real friend, her best friend, she was dating her best friend and would love to marry her best friend one day. Just the two of them. They could go anywhere they wanted, to be alone and away from Mystic Falls and all of the hurtful people, or to stay and care for each other on days like this one. To heal each other.
"I love you, Kai." She whispered, biting her bottom lip and tilting her head back as she bathed in the feeling of his love and pleasure he was providing her. Her body was having a fit, bearable heat building in her lower abdomen, trying to grind her core into his mouth. He held her hips in place and pushed her closer and closer to her climax. She came, earning a grunt from Kai's part, his tongue lapping up any of her arousal that may have dripped onto her inner thighs. To finish off, he dug his face into her core even deeper and licked a bold stripe over her core to get the last little bits he may have missed. Y/N came down from her high, a screaming fit of different profanities mixed with his name and how much she really loved him and needed him.
Kai stood and towered over her. His hand slipped beneath her hair to the back of her head and pulled her into him, kissing her passionately yet again. Y/N groaned when she tasted herself on his lips and tongue and whimpered when Kai pulled away to strip himself of his shirt. Y/N reached out, her fingers spreading over his chest muscles, feeling them contract as he breathed and tensed under her touch. It appeared to her he was already hard through his jeans, her index finger circled his nipples, earning a shiver from his body and a small groan of appreciation. It trailed down his torso, tracing the defined lines of his abs to the small trail of hair disappearing into the waistband of his jeans.
Kai grabbed her small wrists, looking down at her while she looked up in pure excitement, her eyes returning back to normal as they once were. "Tonight is for you, Princess." He whispered and placed a gentle kiss on her forward. Kai walked at her until she fell back onto her mattress, her head almost hitting the mirror. He climbed over her in a hurry, kicking his pants down his legs, his briefs following soon after. Her hair fanned out around her, her face a deep shade of red. Their hands connected above her head after he sheathed himself into her warmth in one slow thrust. Y/N screwed her eyes shut, her body temperature rising and their session had barely just begun.
"You're so tight." Kai praised, trying his best to keep it slow, the way Y/N needed it. He rested his forehead against hers, nothing but quiet moans leaving her mouth. "Are you okay?" He asked out of concern, knowing it had been a while since they had done anything so intimate. Y/N nodded, biting her bottom lip and muffled whines trying to show themselves, but she refused. She had forgotten what it felt like to be so close to Kai, to feel like they were the same person. She squeezed his hands a little tighter, and parted her legs wider for him.
"Faster Kai, please." She panted, her body bracing itself for a few particularly heavy thrusts that almost sent Kai to the point of no return. And because of her warmth and slick walls, he was close to losing control. But he took a deep breath and picked up his pace for her anyway, dipping his head to the crook of her neck. Her nails dug into his shoulder blades and raked down his back. "Oh my God." She whined, Kai's lips wrapping themselves around her left nipple and sucking on it. Her legs wrapped around his waist, her arms now around his neck as she depended on him, his domination and support.
"Fuck, I love you so much Y/N." Kai's voice was raspy, but with a growl in between. "Let me know when somebody hurts you again, Baby." He gave a heavier thrust. "They won't make it out alive." Y/N's mouth hung open, noticing swollen purple patterns making their way across his face, his mouth hanging open, the points of his deadly canines poking just under his top lip. She knew he'd keep that promise, her hand rising and tracing the patterns under his eyes, her eyes closing and toes curling as he sent another heavy thrust into her hips. It sent them into that one point of no return. "They're jealous because my Y/N is better than theirs." He opened his eyes, watching her face, the whites of his eyes the black color of his pupils.
Y/N made a sour face, feeling the tip of Kai's length dig into her G-spot. Kai laughed a little, her face reminding him of a baby eating a lemon for the first time and he was the only one who could bring her pleasure like that. Her eyes rolled back, letting her demon of a boyfriend take everything she had, every ounce of lust and passion she had for him. Letting him in to steal her heart for a second time. The burning in his throat and eyes could be pointed out as his inner Vampire becoming a thirsty monster, but he knew it was because he was ready to kill everything around them, to protect his human from harm. And he was very proud to make the girl beneath him shake and shudder in pleasure as he steered her near her climax.
Her stomach jumped, the familiar burning sensation in her stomach returning. She cried his name, his length repetitively hitting her G-spot deep within her. Her toes curled again, feeling Kai twitch a little, giving off a throaty growl and he pushed her over the edge. Y/N screeched and came with a cry of his name, biting his shoulder to muffle any loud noise she was producing. Kai winced as he came, moaning deeply with every spurt he gave off inside of her, hips rolling to a stop, moaning residing and the room was filled with pants and heavy breathing.
They stared at each other for the longest time, unsure of what to do or say. Kai perked up, smiling to himself, remembering his gift was in his car where he had left it.
"What's wrong?" Y/N sat up and watched Kai pulling his clothes back on.
"Put your clothes back on, I have to run to my car. I'll be right back." Kai hurried, quickly kissing her on the cheek and heading out, leaving Y/N clueless. She had expected to just cuddle with Kai, the one she felt distant from. But at least he promised he was coming back?
So she ran through her room, feeling decent, spinning around and gasping at herself in the mirror. Her body was glowing, a healthy glow, one that looked like only the doctors would recommend to her. Her cheeks were naturally red again, she stalked closer, examining her eyes. It seemed as though the fire had returned to them, glistening with something that was just so common yet so foreign to her. The bright purple marks on her collar bones even looked dull compared to the flame in her eyes and the natural blush and glow to her body. Something clicked inside of her, she was herself and it was because of Kai. If she had just let him in earlier, she wouldn't have been where she was today. But if it weren't for today, she wouldn't be ten times closer to her boyfriend.
She bent over and picked up her dirty hoodie and sweatpants, throwing them into the doorway of her personal bathroom where her washer and dryer were standing still. Y/N rummaged through her drawers in a hurry and put on a nightshirt that hugged her curves perfectly still, and a pair of lace trimmed panties that cupped her lower half in the way they used to. A pair of Kai's pajama bottoms she had stolen a long time ago slid up her legs and rested on her hips and she staggered with now sore legs over to her bathroom to brush her hair and put it up in a ponytail. Everything had pieced together, she washed her face and brushed her teeth, her purple marks so bright yet dark they shown through her white pajama shirt. She wiped her hands, and heard her bedroom door open.
"Y/N." Kai called almost bumping into her as he went to search her bathroom. His eyes widened, Y/N had cleaned up and she looked so...natural. So beautiful. He couldn't help but smile ear to ear, Y/N doing the same. "You look beautiful."
She smiled shyly. "I think that's because of you." She whispered, looking back up and seeing a box in Kai's hands. He opened it, pulling a silver ring from the foam inside, a purple gemstone in the center.
Kai seemed nervous, Y/N stood stock still. "What happened tonight worked so perfectly, Y/N. I wanted you to know that I wouldn't do this for anybody else, there is nobody else I'd rather be with than you. And if you promise to keep this ring, I hope you look at it and it reminds you of me, my love and appreciation toward you." Y/N covered her mouth, eyes wide. He was giving her a promise ring. "We can commit to each other, and I just want to make it official because I plan on marrying you one day. You know I'm no good with any of this romance stuff, but I hope I'm doing a pretty good job persuading you."
Y/N nodded, holding her left ring finger out and letting Kai slide it on with his bottom lip between his teeth in a smile. She wiped her eyes, examining the gorgeous stone in the center.
"It's your birthstone, you're a Gemini, like I am. I have mine-" He held another ring from the box, it looked like a wedding band, like all of his other rings on his fingers, the purple stone made the pure silver seem dull and boring. "Yours is the Princess Cut, because you're my princess and I want to make you my queen someday. The stone is Alexandrite, and I chose it because it somehow reminded me of the fire in your eyes."
Y/N wiped her eyes continuously, never thinking she would ever make it this far with Kai. "H-how long have you been planning this?"
"About a month, but I guess I waited for the perfect night." He placed his ring on his finger with all of his others. "Also promise me you'll tell me when you're hurting."
She nodded, still twirling her hand around at all angles to get a good look at the ring. "Thank you, Kai." She started sobbing with a smile on her face. Kai kissed her, embracing her and rocking them both back and forth smoothly.
"Do you remember our 'Thousand Years' promise?" He asked, Y/N furrowed her brows and nodded, surprised Kai would remember that. "I haven't stopped thinking about it. The day I'll turn you and we'll travel the world together, go anywhere you'd like."
It was something she and Kai had promised each other when they first got together and said 'I love you' for the first time. "Of course I remember." It was also Y/N's favorite song and whenever she listened to it, she thought of Kai. He seemed to be reading her mind.
"When you were just dead to the world for that long period of time, I thought of that promise. I had never thought about leaving you." He kissed the top of her head. "I have died everyday waiting for you, Darling don't be afraid i have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more-"
She started crying in his arms again. "Now I have you back." He finished, his soft whisper like a cool breeze in her hair. "Because watching you break killed me, until I figured out what was wrong."
"And all along I believed I would find you, time had brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more." He cooed to her, swaying in the middle of her bedroom floor with another life ahead of them.