If You Only Knew

Stefan's POV
I ran my hand through Ebony ' s hair softly, taking pleasure in the feeling of body next to mine. " Stefan?" She asked.
" Hmm?"
She shifted in my chest and looked up at me. "Do you think we'll ever find people?"
I furrowed my brow at her. "What do you mean?"
She sighed and adjusted herself. My breath caught in my throat when she was pressed up against me even more. In my head I cursed myself. Here was my best friend seeking comfort in some way and all I could think about were my inappropriate feelings toward her.
" I mean, do you ever think the two of us will find people? You were with Elena for years and everyone thought that the two of you were epic loves and that didn't work out. And look at me! I'm a mess. I've got a dead older sister who was turned into a vampire by your brother, a twin brother who dated and is still hung up on your ex, an absentee mom, and I was turned by Kol for fun. Who'd wanna date me?"
I would. The response lingered on my tongue but I held it back. I pulled her head to my chest and kissed the top of it. "I don't know if we'll ever find people Ebony." I stroked my fingers through her hair again, relishing in the silky quality. " But I do know that any guy would be lucky to be with you."
She smiled against my chest before snuggling closer to me. " Thanks Stefan." She kissed my jaw affectionately. "You're a great friend."
I sighed and continued to run my fingers through her hair. If you only knew.