Wake Up

You woke up warm and cozy, cuddle up in your own bed, the room was still pitch black around you, and everything seemed to be quite through the house. But then why were you awake. You shuffled up in your bed to take a look at the clock on your bed side table, seeing the numbers flash 2:12 at you. Turning onto your stomach, you pulled your head back down to the pillow, and buried you face there, wondering why you had woke up in the first place if everything was so peaceful, but then you heard it.

Quickly pushing yourself up onto your elbows, you listened for any slight noise you could hear. Everything seemed quiet again, and no noise could be heard at all. You were about to call yourself crazy and force yourself back to sleep, when another muffled noise came from another room of the house. You were definitely not crazy, that time there was a noise, turning yourself back around you sat up in your bed, kicking the sheets down your legs, listening intently around you. The noises seemed to come quietly, and only a few could you really hear clearly.

Still sleepy, you threw your legs off the bed and stood up, walking quietly towards your door, you were never going to find out what it was unless you went to look. Your door was slightly open, and you pulled it back slowly, hoping it wouldn't creek. You shielded your eyes from the bright light in the hallway and waited for them to adjust, before peeking down either side of your door to see if you could see anything. You don't know what you expected to see, but now you were curious, and being half asleep wasn't making it easier to think. You took a step outside of your room, to walk closer to the stairway, when you heard another slightly muffled noise come from the room in front of you. Alaric's room.

You stood staring at the door for a few seconds until everything fell into place and you almost hit yourself for not putting two and two together. How could you have not understood? You heard another muffled groan, and now definitely knew what and where that noise was coming from. You turned on the spot, quietly getting angry at yourself. If Alaric knew you were listening to him he would freak, and it would really make breakfast incredibly awkward in the morning.

You moved backwards to try and sneak back into your room, and keep this whole thing a secret that you would never tell anyone, until you heard something familiar coming from those noises too, but that can't have been true. You slowly moved back towards the door and gently placed your ear against it, trying not to push it open, and then biting your lip while listening to the sounds.

You heard the soft breathing, a slight hitch in his breath every now and then, but then you heard it, and now you were definitely sure, he was saying your name. Your eyes went wide, biting your lip harder than you had before to keep the smile from your face. How could you help it if you were flattered, Alaric Saltzman was in there touching himself and thinking of you. You felt yourself get almost giddy, a power trip taking over you, you had never thought Alaric thought of you that way, you had always thought he thought of you as another stupid kid he had to protect around here.

Pushing your ear back to the door, you wanted to hear more, hear just what the imagination of you was doing to him, it was slightly surreal, but you didn't want to stop just yet. You slightly pushed the door a little, just enough to get more sound, everything was so muffled, and you wanted to hear everything. Placing your head back against it, you noticed that you could now look down the crack that was now in the door, and were even more surprised that now you could see into his room. You could only see a small bedside lamp that was on lighting barely anything, but the sheets of his bed. You kept watching, telling yourself you should stop, you should go back to your room now, forget this ever happened, but you didn't move. You pushed a little more at the door to see more, you only wanted to make sure you were right, that's what you told yourself at least. Looking at a little more of the room, you could now see him laid in his bed, the sheets low on his waist, his head back against his pillow. You took in the way he was biting at his lower lip holding in those small groans, and looked down his bare chest, that was rising slightly off the bed, following his arm that reached down his body and was lost beneath the sheet.