2. Putting The Baby Girl to Bed

Ashton

You heard your baby girl in her room as you folded clothes in your living room.. She wasn't crying at least, that was something but she certainly took after her father; just over a year old and she couldn't stop drumming on things. Hardly a silent moment at all. Now she was supposed to be going to , but she was bringing her hands to slap against her kids. You're supposed to let babies start self-soothing and putting themselves to sleep and stuff so you were letting her do just that. At least she had a good sense of rhythm. But she couldn't ever go to sleep unless she saw Ashton, it meant a lot of face timing while on tour.

Such a daddy's girl, but hey, you were too.

"Hey, I'm home." Ashton said beaming as he came through the door into the room.

"Hey honey...." You said as he leaned down to kiss you hello falling into the couch beside you.

"Sorry I missed dinner... Is she in bed?" He asked rubbing your shoulder before reaching for some clothes to fold.

"She is but she really takes after her father..." You said giggling.

"How?"

"She is drumming in her crib waiting to say goodnight to you." You laugh as he gives you a confused look.

"She is not..." He said  his head.

"Listen..." You say nudging him. He sits quietly.

"Oh my god, my baby is drumming!" He says jumping up and running up the stairs. You followed laughing as he went into your girl's bedroom picking her up. He made faces at her while he held her above his head. Your two favorite people in the world...

"She's now completely awake thanks to you." You say shaking your head.

"But my baby is drumming! Can't you say it baby girl? Come on, dad-y come on sweetie!" he says still trying to get her to talk and she just kept giggling and giggling and cooing. She reached for the bandana wrapped around his head as he pulled away.

"Hahaha, she's not gonna say it yet but I bet she'll say daddy before she says mommy." You said giggling as he set her back in the crib.

"Why?" He asked holding you in the doorway watching your baby roll around in a happy mass.

"Daddy's girl." You answer solemnly.

"I seem to have a lot of those..." Ashton whispers in your ear pulling you until your back is against his chest.

"She really loves you..." You sigh.

"And I really love both of you." He says kissing the top of your head.

"I love you, too."

"So... are you tired today?" He whispers his breath moving across your ear.

"Not really, I'm glad she's not colicky." You mumble.

"So how long will she take to sleep?" He asks with his lips brushing your neck.

"Not too long once we leave..." You say turning to look at him. His eyebrows are raised as you feel his hands sliding down your waist.

"So... I think we should have some fun, baby girl..." He says with a smirk nudging against you. You turn his hand sliding into yours leading you toward your room.

"Oh this kind of fun?" You ask raising your eyebrows.

"Yeah, I love our daughter but I'm thinking I want a son, maybe a few more. I really love kids." He says pulling you toward the bed.

"Another kid?" You ask.

"Making kids is quite fun..." He says giggling dropping down to kiss you.